The Student Room Group

I read Elliot Rodger's 147-page manifesto and I feel sorry for him

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
A few facts for you lol

1. I am not a virgin

2. I can get laid if I want. But I don't want to settle for ugly girls like you.

3. My BMW is much nicer than that 328i, no wonder he never got laid.

4. You are someone who spends her time not showing her face and then hating on people. My guess is, you're an ugly lesbian and probably poor & stupid too. Some mix of these four, I think.

:smile:

lol
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If I was gonna kill anyone it would be myself.

I'm very self criticle. Everything is my fault etc. Like I totally blame myself for my lack of sex.

I know I probably looked like a derange psychopathic loner in that london park... :frown:

I'm buying you a fleshlight
As far as this guy is concerned, I think Americas gun laws are completely insane, but even without guns he managed to inflict damage. There is some sense when people say that banning guns is not going to solve all their problems with maniacs like this.

How did you gain your alleged wealth?

I was born into a poor family, poor poor family. Now I earn more than most middle class people on my first job thanks to my programming skills.
Original post by TheMaster102
How did you gain your alleged wealth?

I was born into a poor family, poor poor family. Now I earn more than most middle class people on my first job thanks to my programming skills.

I'm not wealthy. I just don't pay rent. Congratulations on your job and don't sympathsise with lunatics!
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm buying you a fleshlight

:rofl:

Well you know where I live :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
I read Elliot Rodger's 147-page manifesto

Get a hobby fam.
I'm not wealthy. I just don't pay rent. Congratulations on your job and don't sympathsise with lunatics!

neither do I my friend, and I live in central, not with parents mind.

I think honestly if any one of us went through what he did we'd have been just as crazy, we may have not resorted to what he did but we would have been equally as distrubed, believe me.

I would know first hand because I was a driven a bit crazy long ago, I had a mental breakdown from some of the bullying I had in uni, luckily here I am, with a great job, girlfriend, living in central london and earning more than any of the losers who made my life a nightmare in uni are.

People should ask -why- people do such terrible things, I honestly after reading his manifesto believe that many people do so much evil because they were deprived of love, but not just romantic love, but love from people, friends, love from parents.

This clearly destroyed Elliot Rodger, and I can only imagine if his dreams of success and power did come true what he'd have done with it, maybe this is why the world is the way it is in some ways, because people who have been hurt take it out on the world
(edited 8 years ago)
But the thing is, you could say that about almost anyone who did anything really bad.
People are made by their environment and circumstances. 'Evil' ideas don't just pop from thin air.
I know what he did was so terrible, unforgivable, but one day I was reminded about the story of what he did and why he did it, I was browsing and I came across his manifesto, I thought i'd read a bit but I got completely sucked in.

I could relate to so much of it but what he was still thinking and going through at 22 I had already gotten past at 16.

What he did was unforgivable, monsterous and don't get me wrong I can't excuse it but I can't hate the man, if you read his manifesto you'll see he went through horrific and very real suffering that twisted and destroyed him. He's a typical example of a man turn to brutal evil through pure pain.

I honestly feel so bad for him I wish I could travel back in time and help him, I really wish I could save him if you read his story you'll really feel his pain and it was so awful, reading it is a deeply emotional and sad thing because you know what's going to happen in the end but just can't bring yourself to accept it.

I hate to think someone had to go through so much pain, but can you imagine the pain that drove him to do such horrific things, I don't think we can even imagine.

I really hate to think this happens to people, and it happens to a lot of young guys, we go through a really tough time, especially if we don't live up to society's expectations. it's so difficult navigating life as a guy with aspergers or any kind of anxiety and social awkwardness.

I managed to make it through because I wasn't as bad as he was, I am probably on the spectrum, an aspie perhaps but I never had it as hard as he did, and I still think I suffered. I do remember feeling a sense of incredible pain and anguish when I was in uni and got bullied by my housemates in several different dorms and houses and was a social outcast. I did computer science so there were no girls and I was so upset about the fact I'd never have a girlfriend. and this was after having sex with many girls in my life, I cant' imagine the pain i'd have gone through being a virgin into my 20's

Anyone else relate? what can we do to stop this happening in future, is there a problem in society that causes this? personally I think our media uses sex to sell us things too much and part of that is by shoving super hot women in our faces all the time, women most of us will never be able to get, some of us can deal with that and some of us get destroyed over it. I personally think we should go back to a more conservative past where there weren't half naked women everywhere in the media using the primitive desires of men as marketting tools.

This wouldn't solve the issue, but it'd help it,a nd it'd help stop sexism too, two birds with one stone.

I'm a girl and not bad looking but I can relate to some of the "outcast" part of what he wrote

I had to change schools in Sweden, and was popular at my new one, but before then I got picked on because my parents are rich and most of the people there weren't. They also used to argue over money lot and didn't really care about their kids (me/older sister) beyond sending us to expensive schools

Etomidate
lol

I'm pretty sure you're a guy right how can you even be lesbian :rofl:
I can since I am doing it.

Not once thought about going on a killing spree.

He probbaly was messed up in a way, I can feel sorry for him in the way I can feel sorry for other deranged people who do extreme things. But I feel much more sorry for the innocent people that got killed.

Not to be a thirsty creeper but I lurked on TSR for months before I joined and I saw a picture of you. You are extremely :coma: physically IMO :getmecoat:
Original post by SwedishRedhead
Not to be a thirsty creeper but I lurked on TSR for months before I joined and I saw a picture of you. You are extremely :coma: physically IMO :getmecoat:

Up yours @cole-sIaw

Are you a guy or girl though :hmmm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Up yours @cole-sIaw

Are you a guy or girl though :hmmm:

I didn't know you and he disliked the other :lol:

A girl, I made a funny post yesterday pretending to be a guy though. I think the mods deleted it :tongue:
I didn't know you and he disliked the other :lol:

A girl, I made a funny post yesterday pretending to be a guy though. I think the mods deleted it :tongue:

Thanks though

Wait a min, are you Swedish and a redhead? That's like my thing.

Was it the picture where I was heroically stood on top of a trig point? :colonhash:

Edit; I don;t hate Cole-sole. He is just very good at winding me up :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm a girl and not bad looking but I can relate to some of the "outcast" part of what he wrote

I had to change schools in Sweden, and was popular at my new one, but before then I got picked on because my parents are rich and most of the people there weren't. They also used to argue over money lot and didn't really care about their kids (me/older sister) beyond sending us to expensive schools

I'm pretty sure you're a guy right how can you even be lesbian :rofl:

I'm absolutely staggered that she is a guy. Basically I have a good idea of who the hardcore haters on TSR are - the ones that will go around spreading hate unprovoked on me and they are all girls. They are all angry about this or that thing I've said in the past.

With Etomidate, I'm baffled as to why he such a hater. My guess is that he's jealous of the Oxford degree or my family's money. One of the two.

Remember this: people only hate on other specific people in an unprovoked way if they are jealous or if they are complete dickheads. I don't think he is the latter.
If I was gonna kill anyone it would be myself.

I'm very self criticle. Everything is my fault etc. Like I totally blame myself for my lack of sex.

I know I probably looked like a derange psychopathic loner in that london park... :frown:
Just want to let you know that it's spelt critical. Hopefully this will not cause you to spiral out and send you over the edge.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Just want to let you know that it's spelt critical. Hopefully this will not cause you to spiral out and send you over the edge.

Neighbor: "I found him here when I realized his cats were not being fed and had a look"

Policeman: "Find any notes?"

Neighbor: "Yes actually. Something about @Viva Emptiness not to blame themselves. Not sure why someone would top themselves over a metal band. Poor guy"

Policeman: "It's a cruel world"
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm absolutely staggered that she is a guy. Basically I have a good idea of who the hardcore haters on TSR are - the ones that will go around spreading hate unprovoked on me and they are all girls. They are all angry about this or that thing I've said in the past.

With Etomidate, I'm baffled as to why he such a hater. My guess is that he's jealous of the Oxford degree or my family's money. One of the two.

Remember this: people only hate on other specific people in an unprovoked way if they are jealous or if they are complete dickheads. I don't think he is the latter.

I lurk around the Medicine forum because I am thinking of applying. 99% sure Etomidate is male.

I'm a girl and on your side after that #reking of Princepieman lol. Guy had it coming making such a stupid post in the IB thread :tongue:
I lurk around the Medicine forum because I am thinking of applying. 99% sure Etomidate is male.

I'm a girl and on your side after that #reking of Princepieman lol. Guy had it coming making such a stupid post in the IB thread :tongue:

You are el chappo et al :smile:
I read the manifesto over the course of a few weeks, well most of it. I stopped at about 3/4 of the way through because it really is intensely harrowing and it started making me feel very depressed. I think any young male can relate to some of the things he went through - feeling you're not good enough, comparing yourself to others, not living up to the expectations that are thrust upon us by society and other people. He obviously had a lot of mental problems which meant that these things affected him much more than others but my point is that certain feelings he had are shared by many many young men. It really is a tragedy and we need a collective change as a society to prevent something like this occurring again. Unfortunately I don't see it happening.
Would you have felt more sorry for him if he only killed himself without killing those girls too? I think every guy can relate to the pain he went through (to some degree) but in no way do I think he was spoilt or entitled. Having a mental illness of any kind can distort people's perceptions of what everyone else thinks is common sense or normal behaviour. I do feel sorry for him after he went through so much pain that he felt he had to kill people to make himself feel better. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest