The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! am i worth it for medicine?

Hey guys, thanks for reading this, I've seen a few posts like this and wanted to know myself if there's any chance for me to apply for medicine or dentistry.
My GCSE's were really not that great, i got 1A* 5A's and the rest B's
my teachers do know I'm more capable tho but due to medical issues i wasnt very well during exams. For my AS I'm predicted 4A's ive been getting 100% and high 90's in all my exams. As for experience I've volunteered in a hospital for 2 years and recently went to Africa for a month to shadow doctors and volunteer at an orphanage. I also work as a lifeguard, have Grade 5 in singing and have an ASDAN certificate. I'm good at verbal and non verbal reasoning so hoping i do well in UKCAT. but.. do you guys thing i still have a chance?
Any suggestions would make my day honestly been stressing about this so much i reeeeeeeeeally want to do medicine and if I don't get in here i was wondering of studying abroad but I really do need advice. thank you so so so much xxxxx
Reply 1
Original post by annabelle1
Hey guys, thanks for reading this, I've seen a few posts like this and wanted to know myself if there's any chance for me to apply for medicine or dentistry.
My GCSE's were really not that great, i got 1A* 5A's and the rest B's
my teachers do know I'm more capable tho but due to medical issues i wasnt very well during exams. For my AS I'm predicted 4A's ive been getting 100% and high 90's in all my exams. As for experience I've volunteered in a hospital for 2 years and recently went to Africa for a month to shadow doctors and volunteer at an orphanage. I also work as a lifeguard, have Grade 5 in singing and have an ASDAN certificate. I'm good at verbal and non verbal reasoning so hoping i do well in UKCAT. but.. do you guys thing i still have a chance?
Any suggestions would make my day honestly been stressing about this so much i reeeeeeeeeally want to do medicine and if I don't get in here i was wondering of studying abroad but I really do need advice. thank you so so so much xxxxx

Of course you can, you seem to be very dedicated, you just need to research the entry requirements for different universities well, and apply to the ones that don't focus on GCSE grades too much. There's no need for you to stress, just focus on your exams, and good luck with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Krishy:)
Of course you can, you seem to be very dedicated, you just need to research the entry requirements for different universities well, and apply to the ones that don't focus on GCSE grades too much. There's no need for you to stress, just focus on your exams, and good luck with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aah such a quick response thank you so much! I've been getting so down about it because i felt like with my GCSE grades I'll never get in and it's breaking my heart.
Do you know anyone that has got in with such grades or any uni's that'll accept me?
Reply 3
Two of my friends had 1A* and the rest A's and B's, one is at Imperial, and the other is at Lancaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending