The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I really wasn't prepared for that final arc! :zomg: But for me it was the only real positive in an otherwise weak series, so I didn't bother with the sequels.

Yes that arc was certainly something - interestingly a lot of the VN players thought it was badly done. Yeah it is probably one of my guilty pleasures, the first half was certainly forgettable at times :tongue: Just watched the prequel which is a 45 minute special and it was quite outrageous at moments :lol:
I forgot to post a link on here, but I set up an account on myfigurecollection.net a month or so ago, so here's my profile if anyone's interested. :smile:

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/AngryJellyfish
So I ploughed through The Eden of Grisaia (the final part of the Grisaia trilogy)...

Spoiler

Reply 9843
One-Punch Man is amazing. :yes:
I started watching Soul Eater last night. Haven't really watched anime in ages and heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. Loving it so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I started watching Soul Eater last night. Haven't really watched anime in ages and heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. Loving it so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The animation and characters are amazing especially Death the Kid. Though the ending may let you down - I always wanted more 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zhuzhu
I agree it just stereotypes the whole anime franchise when it clearly isn't anything like a representative of the majority of it

Technically it is anime though. It just happens to be one type on the wide spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loving One Punch Man!

Finished Darker Than Black season 1; it's a great series!

I also started Excel Saga, a crazy, whacky series that I'm really enjoying.

Finally got around to finishing School Days and.... I didn't like it. At all. Makoto is the most scumbag character ever. Never have I had so much hate for a fictional character in my life.

Oh and I watched Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22, both were great, 2.22 was slightly more enjoyable because it had more going on. I've heard that 3.33 isn't as good and is very different from the original series, so I'll have to see for myself.
I'm going to MCM next weekend so I'll be on the lookout for anime merch and stuff. My bank account will suffer.
Don't think I've been so entranced by an OST for a very long while... Must be those eyes... :tongue:

Started watching the Chunibyo blu ray recently, really enjoyed it so far. As I was expecting I really liked Rikka :love:
Surprised to hear Nurse Witch Komugi is getting a new TV anime after all these years... would have preferred a SoulTaker remake myself, but meh. Shame Momoi Halko isn't voicing Komugi either. Still, if it's as amusing as the OVAs then I'll definitely be watching it! :biggrin:
That takes me back, remember watching the DVD during my first year at Uni when I wasn't an old grump :yes:

Also as someone who relies on physical releases I'm hoping to see that Dungeon anime get released at some point mainly for Hestia :teeth:

Mainly because of that adorable teeth brushing scene :emog:
Paid and registered for Minamicon~ Is anyone else here going? It'll be my second time there, but my first time travelling there and booking hotels etc on my own... quite a bit more expensive when you're not room sharing, and this right after I had to buy a new PC, so hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as last year.

Original post by Truered
That takes me back, remember watching the DVD during my first year at Uni when I wasn't an old grump :yes:

I got it screened at Aber Anime Society. :proud: I could probably have found something better, but it just happened to slot nicely into the schedule after SoulTaker ended.
:tumble:

So, today's big anime news is that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 is getting an anime adaptation. Anyone else here excited about that? :biggrin:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Paid and registered for Minamicon~ Is anyone else here going? It'll be my second time there, but my first time travelling there and booking hotels etc on my own... quite a bit more expensive when you're not room sharing, and this right after I had to buy a new PC, so hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as last year.

I got it screened at Aber Anime Society. :proud: I could probably have found something better, but it just happened to slot nicely into the schedule after SoulTaker ended.

I'm afraid not... it's the other end of the country for me :tongue: Would be great to meet you though AJ!
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I'm afraid not... it's the other end of the country for me :tongue: Would be great to meet you though AJ!

It's pretty far for me too, even by North Wales' standards! There are others throughout the year that are closer, so I unlikely I'd ever have gone if I wasn't persuaded by friends (who'd been trying to get me to go for years). Still, I know a guy who's travelling from Denmark, so I have no excuse. :p:
:blow:

I read the final volume of Claymore yesterday, a passable ending to a really enjoyable series. :biggrin: There's only so much that static images on a page can do to portray action, though - I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is probably the series I'd most like to see get an anime sequel or remake, regardless of how unlikely that is to happen now that the manga has ended.

Picking up the ongoing manga series Shounen Oujo to replace it, hopefully it'll be as good as people claim it is. :smile:
Re Claymore: As far as I'm concerned, the best part of the series got animated (Teresa backstory), so I'm not longing for a remake. Would give it a watch if it happened though.
Had a blast at MCM! I didn't buy too much but I had a really fun time there, even if the trip there and back was exhausting. Also, saw the cutest Mako cosplayer there :colondollar:

Latest