The Student Room Group

How much a month do you pay for your phone?

Scroll to see replies

£42.50/month for iPhone6, no up front payment
Unlimited calls and texts
10gb of data
Free spotify for 2 years
Free netflix for 6 months
Original post by gta.sean
Care to share how you managed this? :biggrin:
I'm paying £41 for essentially the same thing with EE, which network are you with?

EE too

I know how I got some of the discount, if you pair up all of the mobile phones in your family you can get a discount.
Original post by DanielleT192
£42.50/month for iPhone6, no up front payment
Unlimited calls and texts
10gb of data
Free spotify for 2 years
Free netflix for 6 months

64gb or 16gb?

What network btw?
My billings go to my dad... I feel so special here

iPhone5 3G about 5GB data i think.
Device: iPhone 6S+ 128 GB rose gold

Plan: O2 refresh 30GB (includes unlimited calls & texts)

Price: £69 a month.
Reply 165
Reply 166
Original post by alexschmalex
Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts :biggrin: Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho

How long were you with 3? Might try this myself!
Reply 167
15/month. 3. Unlimited data (i use about 50GB per month). 200 mins. Like 1,000 texts I think.

Dont see point in paying for calls when you can use viber, whatsapp and skype to make free calls/send messages.
(edited 8 years ago)
Here's the trick - don't get your phone with your contract. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bought used in February this year for £350 in great condition - it was new only a few months before that for £600.
I then negotiated a sim only contract with Vodafone. 4gb 4G data, unlimited minutes and texts plus 6 months of Spotify/Sky Sports/Netflix/NowTV for £13.50/month.

I know it can be a lot to buy the phone up front, but wait for a few months after it's come out, then buy used for nearly half the price. You end up saving hundreds of pounds by not including it in the contract.
Original post by streether
Here's the trick - don't get your phone with your contract. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bought used in February this year for £350 in great condition - it was new only a few months before that for £600.
I then negotiated a sim only contract with Vodafone. 4gb 4G data, unlimited minutes and texts plus 6 months of Spotify/Sky Sports/Netflix/NowTV for £13.50/month.

I know it can be a lot to buy the phone up front, but wait for a few months after it's come out, then buy used for nearly half the price. You end up saving hundreds of pounds by not including it in the contract.

This isn't for everyone.

You can risk buying a defect phone like this and those retailers who sell nearly new phones tend to sell them at very close-to new phone market values, thus making it not worth purchasing.

It's fine if you're willing to take a risk but for the sake of £2-300, I think it's best to know you've got a fully functioning model. But I do agree with what you're saying. Also, if you're after iPhones, they tend to hold value very well.
Original post by Jawline?
This isn't for everyone.

You can risk buying a defect phone like this and those retailers who sell nearly new phones tend to sell them at very close-to new phone market values, thus making it not worth purchasing.

It's fine if you're willing to take a risk but for the sake of £2-300, I think it's best to know you've got a fully functioning model. But I do agree with what you're saying. Also, if you're after iPhones, they tend to hold value very well.

I mean, I NEVER buy without a valid receipt and warranty, so I do agree with you there.
Original post by streether
I mean, I NEVER buy without a valid receipt and warranty, so I do agree with you there.

Ah okay, I thought you meant off the average joe on ebay/gumtree or somewhere.

You do make savings, people just need to be careful who they buy used goods off.
Reply 172
£15, 100mb is not enough
Reply 173
Had £36 a month and after contract finished just got sim contract for 30 days which is £8.50. Unlimited internet, 100 minutes, 100 text. Have this 30 day contract since July 2012.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am paying more then 100$ per week :frown:
Pay as you go

Pay £10 every month then

unlimited data, texts.
I have an old iphone. Iphone 4 i believe (Not realy sure 1 model before siri)
Contracts expired so I pay roughly £7 a month
Paying £10 quid a month on giffgaff :smile:
Bought my handset seperately :smile:
Noting at all.

#payasyougolife

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending