The Student Room Group

Was I spiked?

I went out with my friends on Saturday and I have this funny feeling I was spiked. I can usually handle my drink and this is the first time something like this has happened. Basically, we had predrinks and went to the club for 11pm. I bought one drink and one shot in the club. I danced with my friends for about two songs and then the next thing I remember is waking up in my bed. I apparently started acting really drunk even though I had bought no more drinks and I sent my friends multiple texts from 11:30 until 1am that I do not remember writing. My friends say they don't remember seeing me in the club after 1pm and I wasn't answering my phone. My flatmates said they heard me arriving home at 4:30am and they heard me shouting at a guy. They heard someone smash up my room (yes, I mean smash; things are broken and ruined) and they heard the guy telling me to calm down. When I woke up at 5pm on Sunday, I was very confused and disorientated. One minute I was in the club and the next, I was naked in my bed. My friends said they were banging on my door all day and they didn't know if I was home or alive. I'm usually a very light sleeper, even when drinking, so I must've passed out. I have a lot of bruises and cuts all over my body and all of my muscles ached. I was sick multiple times which is odd because I'm never usually sick when I drink. I was just wondering was I spiked or did I just get drunk?? Thanks for your help!
Original post by Anonymous
I went out with my friends on Saturday and I have this funny feeling I was spiked. I can usually handle my drink and this is the first time something like this has happened. Basically, we had predrinks and went to the club for 11pm. I bought one drink and one shot in the club. I danced with my friends for about two songs and then the next thing I remember is waking up in my bed. I apparently started acting really drunk even though I had bought no more drinks and I sent my friends multiple texts from 11:30 until 1am that I do not remember writing. My friends say they don't remember seeing me in the club after 1pm and I wasn't answering my phone. My flatmates said they heard me arriving home at 4:30am and they heard me shouting at a guy. They heard someone smash up my room (yes, I mean smash; things are broken and ruined) and they heard the guy telling me to calm down. When I woke up at 5pm on Sunday, I was very confused and disorientated. One minute I was in the club and the next, I was naked in my bed. My friends said they were banging on my door all day and they didn't know if I was home or alive. I'm usually a very light sleeper, even when drinking, so I must've passed out. I have a lot of bruises and cuts all over my body and all of my muscles ached. I was sick multiple times which is odd because I'm never usually sick when I drink. I was just wondering was I spiked or did I just get drunk?? Thanks for your help!

I know nothing about this sort of stuff but it sounds fairly likely to me, especially if you're normally fine drinking that amount or more. Being that confused when you woke up doesn't sound normal either unless you were really dehydrated or something. I'm not sure what to suggest really, possibly it could be worth being checked over by a GP or other medical professional but it might be a bit late for that. Hopefully someone will come back with something more useful anyway or you're feeling a bit better about it by now.
Reply 2
Statistically the huge majority of people who think they've been spiked were just too drunk. However if you are genuinely concerned you should go to hospital asap to get tested.
This is really worrying. Do you have any idea who the guy was? Any numbers saved in your phone?
I've heard similar stories from friends that were found to have been spiked, but most of them usually end up violently ill by the end of the night.. I hope you figure things out
Wait what happened with you and that guy.. and why were you naked? Yeah tbh it sounded like you were spiked.. Were you on any medication during the day?- Like Ibopreufen? Or had you eaten that day? Those are both factors that affect how drunk you get..
Only you can know this sorry. You can just of easily forgotten having extra drinks. Definitely get a checkup, get tested.
Hopefully the memories come back to you .
Original post by Anonymous

yep, perfect example of date rape, that guy was trying his luck then you must have been too 'angry' to do anything so he gave up, hence why you woke up naked..please just look after yourself hun x
Original post by Justmoll28
yep, perfect example of date rape, that guy was trying his luck then you must have been too 'angry' to do anything so he gave up, hence why you woke up naked..please just look after yourself hun x

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest