The Student Room Group

Is it okay to eat in a restaurant alone??

Scroll to see replies

Pizza hut, seat by window=perfect meal :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by Redmark
Oh I'd make the trip, would be worth it :wink:

I don't know what you're expecting of this other than watching me try to eat a burger in Bill's :rofl:
Original post by liquity
I don't know what you're expecting of this other than watching me try to eat a burger in Bill's :rofl:

Eating a burger in Bill's is hardly the only thing I'd come and do :P I said I'd make it worth it xD
Just imagine saying "table for one, please" :lol:

Yes it is weird.
Original post by LannaBanana
Genuinely, while you are the centre of your world, your only on the margins of everyone else's - most people wouldn't even notice you eating alone, and if they DID notice, they probably wouldn't care :tongue:

Just do what you want, I go places by myself all the time; the more you do it, the less weird it feels.

This is very true.

We like to think of ourselves as the centre of the world, when really we're not. We all have life goals, aspirations and experiences.
Reply 65
I do it all the time
Reply 66
Original post by liquity
Basically I want to take a shopping trip into town but I really like shopping on my own because I go to shops on my own and I can browse whatever I want to look at in my own time. I kind of want to have lunch at a restaurant that I like but do you think it would be weird if I sat in a restaurant on my own? Like I'd probably have a book so it's not like I'd just be sitting there staring into space, but if I ask a friend to come with me then I have to go to shops they want to go to and I can't spend as long as I want looking at stuff idk, would you judge someone who is 17 sitting in a restaurant on their own?

These things only really bother you when you're younger and you're used to being with friends / family all the time. Doing those things on your own is perfectly socially acceptable.
I wouldn't think anything of it, as long as your comfortable eating by yourself in a restaurant then go for it. I don't anyone will really care they might look at you at first but then just get on with what they are doing. I have seen people eating alone on occasion but didn't think anything of it really

I am not overly comfortable doing it and have very rarely done it, I have gone cinema on my own which pushed my boundaries and after the first time it was more comfortable the next step is restaurants but no idea when that will happen.
Reply 68
Original post by Redmark
Eating a burger in Bill's is hardly the only thing I'd come and do :P I said I'd make it worth it xD

Slow down son :P
Original post by AnonymousForLife
Why care about the world? Do your own thing. Who are they to judge?

Literally my motto for every day! :biggrin:
Original post by liquity
Slow down son :P

Not sure what you're thinking but it totally isn't that :P
Reply 71
Original post by Redmark
Not sure what you're thinking but it totally isn't that :P

okeydokey :P
Fast food - Totally cool, go for it
Cafe - Again, all good.
Proper restaurant - Maybe a little awkward, but hey, **** it :biggrin:
Original post by liquity
okeydokey :P

Plonker :P
Original post by liquity
Basically I want to take a shopping trip into town but I really like shopping on my own because I go to shops on my own and I can browse whatever I want to look at in my own time. I kind of want to have lunch at a restaurant that I like but do you think it would be weird if I sat in a restaurant on my own? Like I'd probably have a book so it's not like I'd just be sitting there staring into space, but if I ask a friend to come with me then I have to go to shops they want to go to and I can't spend as long as I want looking at stuff idk, would you judge someone who is 17 sitting in a restaurant on their own?

Why would it be weird? You're having lunch and decided to opt for something a bit nicer than a sandwich from Costa. People do it all the time. Heck I do it!
Nobody will care, do it.
Original post by Jenx301
I would go to somewhere like mcdonalds, KFC or something alone but not a proper restaurant such as Bella Italia, Chiquitos etc where they seat you and you would be like "table for one". It just seems a bit much if you are alone.... personally I'd just go to Costa and get a panini or something.
"panini" is plural

the singular is "panino" . So, you should say "a panino"

Sorry about this.
Original post by mariachi
"panini" is plural

the singular is "panino" . So, you should say "a panino"

Sorry about this.

You sound like a bundle of fun.
Original post by Jenx301
You sound like a bundle of fun.
well, I'm Italian

after years of witnessing silently my language being massacred on most of the world's menus, I felt that I had to put my foot down once and for all

(but I did say "sorry")
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest