The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

ODP April 2016 intake :)

Hi, I just wanted to start a chat for anyone who has a place or is applying to be an ODP at Edge hill for April 2016. I have a place already but I haven't found anyone else who has and it'd be great to get to know some people. Also, if anyone has any questions about the interview then feel free to ask! :biggrin:
Original post by Jessicalynam14
Hi, I just wanted to start a chat for anyone who has a place or is applying to be an ODP at Edge hill for April 2016. I have a place already but I haven't found anyone else who has and it'd be great to get to know some people. Also, if anyone has any questions about the interview then feel free to ask! :biggrin:

Hi

I am applying for Adult nursing, can you tell me what the interview is like? how was the maths and english test? my interview is 10th November and i'm dreading the maths test :-( x
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi :smile:
I met some prospective nursing students whilst at the interview and it was basically the same interview I think so I'll tell you what I did. I had the maths test first which wasn't too bad as I have only just finished school so could remember a lot of it but there was a few things that were a bit trickier as I'd not done them in ages i.e. Multiplying decimals (but they're easier if you multiply them by 10 and then do it) as well as long division/multiplication. It's honestly not too bad though :smile: I also think that Nursing students are allowed to use a calculator but we weren't for some reason so hopefully that should make it a bit easier. The English was slightly harder as you had to match some words with their alternative versions and I had never heard of a few of them but they were ok once I'd got rid of the easier options. There was also a reading comprehension task. After that the head ODP man gave us all a token for a free drink which was nice. As for the interview itself, it was great. The interviewers were lovely and we spent a lot of time talking about fried chicken and we had a synchronised coughing fit so they gave me some mints :biggrin: Haha. Just make sure that you fully research what you'll be studying and why you want to do it and you should be fine! I've found a link for examples of the maths and English tests here:
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/admissions/nursing-interviews/

I hope that all of this helps, hopefully I'll see you next year! :smile:
Hi :smile:
I met some prospective nursing students whilst at the interview and it was basically the same interview I think so I'll tell you what I did. I had the maths test first which wasn't too bad as I have only just finished school so could remember a lot of it but there was a few things that were a bit trickier as I'd not done them in ages i.e. Multiplying decimals (but they're easier if you multiply them by 10 and then do it) as well as long division/multiplication. It's honestly not too bad though :smile: I also think that Nursing students are allowed to use a calculator but we weren't for some reason so hopefully that should make it a bit easier. The English was slightly harder as you had to match some words with their alternative versions and I had never heard of a few of them but they were ok once I'd got rid of the easier options. There was also a reading comprehension task. After that the head ODP man gave us all a token for a free drink which was nice. As for the interview itself, it was great. The interviewers were lovely and we spent a lot of time talking about fried chicken and we had a synchronised coughing fit so they gave me some mints :biggrin: Haha. Just make sure that you fully research what you'll be studying and why you want to do it and you should be fine! I've found a link for examples of the maths and English tests here:
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/admissions/nursing-interviews/

I hope that all of this helps, hopefully I'll see you next year! :smile:

Thank you for all that, I'm going totally prepare myself for the day, its awful to think that even though you may be so dedicated in what your about to learn and what you want to achieve, your future depends on about 3 hours and whether they pick you :-( .. Congratulations on your place, one of my friends is an ODP and has been for 10 years, she loves it x
Original post by kezped2010
Thank you for all that, I'm going totally prepare myself for the day, its awful to think that even though you may be so dedicated in what your about to learn and what you want to achieve, your future depends on about 3 hours and whether they pick you :-( .. Congratulations on your place, one of my friends is an ODP and has been for 10 years, she loves it x

Thank you :smile: I know it can be really scary, it was my first interview but the people were really nice and made me feel relaxed. I'd love to know how you get on and I hope that you get a place, Good luck!
Thank you :smile: I know it can be really scary, it was my first interview but the people were really nice and made me feel relaxed. I'd love to know how you get on and I hope that you get a place, Good luck!

Thank you for your help, i will let you know how i get on, i have read threw the English test example using alternative words, some of those words i've never heard of, can you recommend any books that helped you with this? x
Original post by kezped2010
Thank you for your help, i will let you know how i get on, i have read threw the English test example using alternative words, some of those words i've never heard of, can you recommend any books that helped you with this? x

I was only given a few days notice for my interview so I spent most of my time preparing for the questions and learning about the course. But I am a massive fan of reading so I have a lot of general knowledge about words which made it a bit easier for me. I would recommend just doing the easier words first as you would be able to eliminate a few options and then look at the harder ones. I hadn't heard of some of the words too but they are not looking for a perfect score, just looking to see if your basic English is good enough. Sorry I can't be of more help, just try to match as many of the words as you can. I'm sure that you will do well :smile:

Hi, please could you tell me what questions they asked at interview and can you use a calculator for the numeracy test
Regards
Reply 8
Hi. Am applying for odp for September intake. Got interview on 28th of this month. Had interview last year and fidnt get in, was gutted. Hope i get in this time x

Well it's great to finally find someone else who is starting in April aswell, only a few months to go quite excited now but just got to wait.
Original post by BenjimanSutton
Well it's great to finally find someone else who is starting in April aswell, only a few months to go quite excited now but just got to wait.

:biggrin: Thank you for replying, I didn't think that I could find anyone since there's so few of us beginning in April. I've applied for my accommodation and nearly have everything sorted, which is quite exciting! It'll be great to meet you in April :smile:
Reply 11
hello jess, I would like to ask you how long it took to get notified that you have got an offer after the interview?
I have my interview this Thursday and look forward for it
Any interviews tips please.. I have my interview on Wednesday!
I'm at the Manchester campus...anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending