The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Gnabry can't get into the Stoke team so he automatically gets into the Arsenal matchday squad?

Logic

Well of course he can't when he isn't playing for Stoke

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex5133
I don't hate your club; I have a good level of respect for it but can you just imagine what the Arsenal fans would be like it if they won the league? :frown:

That's not even bias either. As much as I love Liverpool and want us to succeed with all my heart, I know that if/when we finally do win the Premier League, many of our fans will be insufferable :tongue:

:hugs: same
At the end of the day it's just a competition, I have the "it would be good if..." mindset so I wouldn't "expect" trophies, just the players to give it their all. :smile:
Nothing. Not even Bayern and Lewandowski can stop us from going out at the round of 16.

Own it.

Roll on February.
Pep and Arteta were deep in conversation pitch side long after the match.

It's happening! Our future manager and assistant. :yes:
Reply 8764
Ozil had created the most goal scoring opportunities on the pitch yesterday, and had won back possession the most times too. His passing was near perfect too.

Ozil is fast approaching his brilliance from his Real days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some are saying Pep can only manage a team full of stars. Don't think arsenal is that team
Costa and Thiago are such a good duo.
just lol at people calling last night a tactical master class by Wenger tho:colonhash:

we put out our standard starting 11. We didnt let Bayern have possession, Bayern took possession, and played their game and we were forced to hit them on the break for our only chances. I doubt it was a conscious decision to let them have 70% possession, and to voluntarily give a Pep side 70% possession is bordering on gross negligence as a manager.

I think if you play that match 10 times, Bayern win 7 times, and it was just one of those 3 times they dont.

It was no more of a tactical masterclass than me playing 5 centrebacks, 4 fullbacks and hitting lobbed through balls to Ronaldo on FIFA.

also shout out to bellerin, but questions raised on him being a RB. Costa skinned him alive throughout the game, and it was a very high risk move to attempt that 93 minute interception. Had he not won the ball, Costa had the whole right side of the pitch to himself, and people would be calling for his head for lunging out of his position, and showing no positional sense, and saying how naive he is.

2 followers
[list]

11-05-2015 21:25

simultaneously think that Bellerin is one of the best RB's in the league and that Bellerin is not a RB at all

srs

anyway moving forward, dont we have a 100% record in the Allianz, over Pep's years?
Reply 8769
Original post by swirly
just lol at people calling last night a tactical master class by Wenger tho:colonhash:

we put out our standard starting 11. We didnt let Bayern have possession, Bayern took possession, and played their game and we were forced to hit them on the break for our only chances. I doubt it was a conscious decision to let them have 70% possession, and to voluntarily give a Pep side 70% possession is bordering on gross negligence as a manager.

I think if you play that match 10 times, Bayern win 7 times, and it was just one of those 3 times they dont.

It was no more of a tactical masterclass than me playing 5 centrebacks, 4 fullbacks and hitting lobbed through balls to Ronaldo on FIFA.

also shout out to bellerin, but questions raised on him being a RB. Costa skinned him alive throughout the game, and it was a very high risk move to attempt that 93 minute interception. Had he not won the ball, Costa had the whole right side of the pitch to himself, and people would be calling for his head for lunging out of his position, and showing no positional sense, and saying how naive he is.

2 followers
[list]

11-05-2015 21:25

simultaneously think that Bellerin is one of the best RB's in the league and that Bellerin is not a RB at all

srs

anyway moving forward, dont we have a 100% record in the Allianz, over Pep's years?

Nah we drew there last season. The time before weren't Pep.

Last night has probably worsened our chances of getting anything from the Allianz.

Want us to go all out tbh, still don't see a point in qualifying. I want to see if this team has the mentality to repeat what they did at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he misses that, Coquelin and Cazorla dont have the pace to recover, and it puts the LW 1v1 against the ever so pacy Mertesacker.
Original post by SA-1
Nah we drew there last season. The time before weren't Pep.

Last night has probably worsened our chances of getting anything from the Allianz.

Want us to go all out tbh, still don't see a point in qualifying. I want to see if this team has the mentality to repeat what they did at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the good thing is the timing.

if we cant salvage something there, then we can tactically throw the games against Zagreb and Olympiacos later to avoid the Europa. Give some games to Jeff and Iwobi.
Reply 8772
Original post by swirly
the good thing is the timing.

if we cant salvage something there, then we can tactically throw the games against Zagreb and Olympiacos later to avoid the Europa. Give some games to Jeff and Iwobi.

If we can salvage something from there, we can probably go through to RO16. Bayern will win their last two games imo.

If we get a point however, I think we should give the young guns a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
If we can salvage something from there, we can probably go through to RO16. Bayern will win their last two games imo.

If we get a point however, I think we should give the young guns a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol last night is in no way comparable to your irrelevant FIFA tactics Swirly

Give it a rest.
You guys just beat Bayern Munich and it wasn't luck.

The fact that some of your fans are still responding negatively in an attempt for attention truly baffles me...
Original post by Alex5133
I don't hate your club; I have a good level of respect for it but can you just imagine what the Arsenal fans would be like it if they won the league? :frown:

That's not even bias either. As much as I love Liverpool and want us to succeed with all my heart, I know that if/when we finally do win the Premier League, many of our fans will be insufferable :tongue:

Obviously that would be the case for fans of any team that hasn't won the premier league for a long time, or has never won it.

That's good though. I'd rather somebody different got to win it for a change.
Please explain how it wasn't luck Luke

PASHUN
Original post by swirly

If he misses that, Coquelin and Cazorla dont have the pace to recover, and it puts the LW 1v1 against the ever so pacy Mertesacker.

He was never going to miss it though. He got there a yard or 2 before the bayern player. It wasn't even 50:50

Latest