The Student Room Group

Lads - do you moisturise/exfoliate?

Poll

Do you look after your skin?

As someone that hasn't got the best of skin but is planning to make an effort to clean it up and generally get healthier, I'm wondering how so many guys have such great skin. I have a pretty average diet - not too healthy, but not all that unhealthy either - but my skin isn't great. I can't imagine that the vast majority of guys have a better diet, but they all seem to have better skin, and I'm wondering why. Are all those guys moisturising, which I also have trouble believing, or are they just blessed with decent genetics?

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is just to figure out how common it is amongst guys to look after their skin, not least to make me feel a little better about doing it. :laugh: Poll results are anonymous.

Scroll to see replies

lol, no. I have better things to do with my time.

Just wash your face twice a day.
Reply 2
I hope you guys do...
I do and my skin still isn't great :L
Face scrub + Olay Moisturiser/Cocoa butter.
Original post by cole-slaw
lol, no. I have better things to do with my time.

Just wash your face twice a day.

Like post on TSR? Clearly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Hashim123
As someone that hasn't got the best of skin but is planning to make an effort to clean it up and generally get healthier, I'm wondering how so many guys have such great skin. I have a pretty average diet - not too healthy, but not all that unhealthy either - but my skin isn't great. I can't imagine that the vast majority of guys have a better diet, but they all seem to have better skin, and I'm wondering why. Are all those guys moisturising, which I also have trouble believing, or are they just blessed with decent genetics?

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is just to figure out how common it is amongst guys to look after their skin, not least to make me feel a little better about doing it. :laugh: Poll results are anonymous.

Majority of the time it does come down to genetics, as you have some people who have the best diets and skin care regime yet they still break out, and then you have others who just eat junk and still have flawless skin.

But they are in the minority. As for my regime I use a moisturiser with a sun factor included, and not much else, as most of time I realise that keeping it simple is better rather than being orthodox and going over the top by of cleanse, tone and moisturize which is mostly for those that wear make-up.

So I don't need it as my skin is fairly good anyway, so over doing it, may irritate the skin follicle and cause a break out. Which is best to avoid, so I tread very lightly and exfoliate probably once a week at most. sometimes once a month. And cleanse every morning and evening with a very soft cleanser with no harsh chemicals that may cause dryness or irritation.

But it really all depends on your skin type as mine is very sensitive and will break out at any sign of irritation, so i keep it as simple as possible.:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct

the oldest and least funny joke on TSR.
Nope, I hardly touch my face! :h:

Other than wiping the sleep out of my eyes and sticking my face under the hot shower every morning I don't tend to use any product on my face. I don't need to as I haven't had to suffer through breakouts at all, even during puberty - I think it's down to genetics and what you're putting into your body.

I've heard the best thing anyone can do to improve the quality of their skin is to drink water - just water. Hydration is the key people!
Original post by Hashim123

I do drink lots of water, so that could explain why my skin is so healthy- I also try to include a lot of fruits/veg to my diet. I moisturise my face every single day without fail and i occasionally i mean (rarely) exfoliate!
Reply 10
I really don't know how it can help the skin actually; care to educate me please?
Our skin is an organ which is made up of cells. Cells which contain water. To work at their best and to properly function at all, cells need to be hydrated well.
Reply 12
Genetics brah, sorry. Some of us just got lucky in that department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by So Instinct

:giggle::giggle:
I think you all should :tongue:
It makes such a difference!
Exfoliate, moisturise, face masks. I do it all :lol:
Reply 16
I scrub my face with bulldog face scrub 2 or 3 times a week, feels a lot cleaner, removes blackheads, prevents spots etc.
Yeah I do. Most guys don't because of the stigma associated with taking care of your appearance in any way. Lol
I just wash my face with water :indiff:
Yep use bulldog face wash every morning and Nivea for men face cream to moisturise. It's a must for me tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending