The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applying to St. Edmund's hall?? :smile:
Did any1 get acknowledgement from the college?? I got an offer from a different university already but no acknowledgement from OX
Original post by sportyannie
Yes, LMH was very friendly and I choose it because it was the furthest from the city centre and as it has its own boating centre - I am a very keen canoeist! When I went on the open day it was beautiful and had lovely gardens and the buffet lunch was fab!
Good food is also high on my checklist for colleges!

Good food is always a plus! :wink:
Applied for Chemistry at Merton from the US!

Anyone know when interviews tend to occur? I know that it's usually early December, but does anyone know of a more specific range of dates? I have an orchestra performance on the 10th that I'll likely miss if I fly to the UK for the interview.
Original post by djangosp2

Anyone know when interviews tend to occur? I know that it's usually early December, but does anyone know of a more specific range of dates? I have an orchestra performance on the 10th that I'll likely miss if I fly to the UK for the interview.

Interview timetable by subject;
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable

You're clear!

(I'm a third year chemist, feel free to ask if you've got any questions)

To the best of my knowledge, Oxford does Skype interviews for us international applicants, so IMO you'll be fine regardless :smile: the exact dates are dependent on the department iirc so I'm not sure when we'll know them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nhabib3
Did any1 get acknowledgement from the college?? I got an offer from a different university already but no acknowledgement from OX

I did an open application and when I received an acknowledgment from Oxford, I was told that I would receive a separate acknowledgement from my allotted college in the week ending 23rd October. So I say you'll have one by Friday too.

And congrats on the offer! If I may ask, what uni/what course?
Anyone applying for Brasenose or English? (I'm applying for both)

I've already done my A-Levels, and spent a year at Nottingham doing Philosophy & Theology. Didn't like the course or the uni and I had problems at home all year, so I've "suspended my studies" and now I'm reapplying for English as I should've done the first time I applied to universities!

Applied to Oxford, Durham, York and UCL, got an offer from York yesterday.

Spoiler

Hope all your applications go swimmingly, best of luck guys!
Original post by theonetruequeen
I did an open application and when I received an acknowledgment from Oxford, I was told that I would receive a separate acknowledgement from my allotted college in the week ending 23rd October. So I say you'll have one by Friday too.

And congrats on the offer! If I may ask, what uni/what course?

I got accepted into Birmingham. After 5 or 6 days of applying... But the main goal is oxford
Original post by jonwithnoname
Anyone applying for Brasenose or English? (I'm applying for both)

I've already done my A-Levels, and spent a year at Nottingham doing Philosophy & Theology. Didn't like the course or the uni and I had problems at home all year, so I've "suspended my studies" and now I'm reapplying for English as I should've done the first time I applied to universities!

Applied to Oxford, Durham, York and UCL, got an offer from York yesterday.

Spoiler

Hope all your applications go swimmingly, best of luck guys!

I'm not applying for either, but I hope it all works out for you!

Original post by nhabib3
I got accepted into Birmingham. After 5 or 6 days of applying... But the main goal is oxford

I have nothing in the ten days since I sent in my application. Getting a bit jumpy now. Hopefully I can do well on the PAT and have a good chance at Oxford - attending there would be such a dream come true!
I'm not applying for either, but I hope it all works out for you!

I have nothing in the ten days since I sent in my application. Getting a bit jumpy now. Hopefully I can do well on the PAT and have a good chance at Oxford - attending there would be such a dream come true!

Hope I see you at Oxford... It would really be a dream come true
Hey (:

I'm an International applicant from Singapore.

Does anyone know if the Skype interview dates are the same as those found on the interview timetable?

And if anyone has been through a Skype interview please share your experience!
I've also made an open application for Oxford and i've received an acknowledgement letter but still waiting for an email from allocated college... :frown:
Original post by Nancy97
I've also made an open application for Oxford and i've received an acknowledgement letter but still waiting for an email from allocated college... :frown:

We'll have one soon enough, don't worry!
Do let us know when you get any news though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll have one soon enough, don't worry!
Do let us know when you get any news though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I hope so. I'm becoming more and more desperate. :frown:
Yup, I certainly will! You can count on me! :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97

Me too ! Stressing as I need more information regarding the written work for my chosen course.
Finally allocated St Hilda's after an open application!

Anyone who's been there, can y'all tell me what it's like? :biggrin:
Finally allocated St Hilda's after an open application!

Anyone who's been there, can y'all tell me what it's like? :biggrin:

I'm even more nervous waiting for my allocated college grrrrr !!! :biggrin:
Original post by tamara98
I'm even more nervous waiting for my allocated college grrrrr !!! :biggrin:

I have also been allocated to St Hilda's! I think that everyone who made the open application will receive their emails soon!

Latest

Trending

Trending