The Student Room Group

cant stand religion bashers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robinfr
I seriously don't understand religion bashers the ones that don't really know anything about the religion and the people who follow the religion. I dunno it just gets on my nerves. does it get on anyone else's nerves

If your beliefs can't stand up to criticism from others then you really need to find some new beliefs.
Original post by Longshot700
Facepalming over what? freedom of what to believe in believe in without being ridiculed?

*super facepalm*

Yes, that entirely you buffoon. I ought to ridicule you now for saying such an absurd statement. In fact I shall.

Hey all, look at this guy's silly statement above ^ ^ ^

Har-har-har.
Original post by robinfr
I seriously don't understand religion bashers the ones that don't really know anything about the religion and the people who follow the religion.

Let me elucidate a little, then. Religions are man-made ideologies, created to influence and control superstitious people at a time when ignorance, illiteracy and a lack of scientific process were major problems to mankind. They seek to control people based on an inbuilt need to find the truth about our existence, and a tendency to be credulous.

They are not needed in the modern era. Scientific endeavour is beginning to answer the questions and democracy, diplomacy and social science allow us to understand and moderate behaviours.

It is the duty of every educated person to challenge superstitious belief at every opportunity.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Yes, that entirely you buffoon. I ought to ridicule you now for saying such an absurd statement. In fact I shall.

Hey all, look at this guy's silly statement above ^ ^ ^

Har-har-har.

...weirdo
Original post by mackemforever
If your beliefs can't stand up to criticism from others then you really need to find some new beliefs.

That's just what bullies say to justify their bad treatment of people.
...weirdo

Idiot.
Original post by 雷尼克
I'm fine with religion as long as it doesn't affect people who choose not to follow it - which it currently does not.

Try telling that to the enslaved Yazidis in Syria, or the relatives of the Christian Pakistani woman who was murder by a mob of Moslems who thought (wrongly, as it happens) she had destroyed a copy of the Koran, or the parents of Lee Rigby. A religion they did not follow affected them.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Idiot.

Look who's talking.
Look who's talking.

Are you 10 years old? Or do you not realise how stupid you sound, or both?
Original post by 雷尼克
You misread what I said. I said that religion does currently affect people who don't believe in it by using a double negative.

I didn't misread it. I misunderstood it. I suggest the following might have been a better way to express it:

I would be fine with religion if it didn't affect people who choose not to follow it - which is currently not the case.
Original post by 010197
Actually money is the root of all evil

true, i would eradicate that as well

set all banks on fire
OP Good troll, you got ppl getting pissed.

A generous 5/10
Original post by Underscore__
I think most people believe in aliens because of probability and logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
People can also use probability (Antony Flew) and logic (Descartes) and game theory (Pascal's Wager) to derive an existence of a god (or rather, a rational need to believe in one).
People like to talk **** about stuff they know nothing about.

They don't follow the religion, they just use what the media feed them. They're just sheep
Original post by driftawaay
true, i would eradicate that as well

set all banks on fire
I welcome the age where we start trading things with seashells!
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I welcome the age where we start trading things with seashells!

omg that would be amazing :h:
Original post by PillsIV
People like to talk **** about stuff they know nothing about.

They don't follow the religion, they just use what the media feed them. They're just sheep

Actually, many of the 'religion bashers' on TSR often happen to know more about religions than the supposed followers of such faiths.

Go figure!
A question to everyone who follows a religion as blindly as the OP: if whatever deity you follow did create a perfect world, why does He in all, his perfection, allow children to be born with birth defects such as anencephaly, which condems them to die after hours and in the meantime are unable to even gain consciousness or awareness of their sorroundings? Why allow children to die before their parents, when the opposite should be happening?
Original post by driftawaay
omg that would be amazing :h:
But imagine how heavy purses would be.
Facepalming over what? freedom of what to believe in believe in without being ridiculed?

So do you oppose ideologies, say Nazism, being 'ridiculed' or criticised/satirised?

People have rights, ideas do not.

No idea is above scrutiny, and no human is beneath dignity.

Quick Reply

Latest