The Student Room Group

Horoscopes are for idiots

So this morning my mum told me she always reads the horoscopes and asked if I'd like to hear mine. I told her that horoscopes are ludicrous and there is no scientific basis behind them. She then asks if everything in life is scientific, 'what about ghosts?'.

Frequently in life I question my own intelligence, but right now I'm wondering how on earth are people stupid enough to believe in this crap?

Scroll to see replies

I Read my horoscope and believe it when it's good ^^ it's the law of attraction
Original post by Hevachan
I Read my horoscope and believe it when it's good ^^ it's the law of attraction

I find that cute.
Woah woah woah there, mate. Try not to cut yourself on that edge!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Excuse me?
I also believe they are *******s, a bunch of ambiguous statements given over periods of time. Chances are some of those things they "predict" will come true, especially when people want them to be, and how loosely they are worded. People can believe them if they want but it does make me laugh.

Another example of people claiming to have some insight into divine workings, and claiming money from it as a result.
Of course, they're vague enough to be true for anybody, and a load of pretentious rubbish. But I'm still waiting for the tall dark handsome stranger my horoscope promised me:redface:
Reply 7
Haha I don't believe in horoscopes but they are great to read and see what could be happening in my 'future'.

Went to See a psychic once and got told great changes were going to happen in the next 3 years. I jut laughed and walked out!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

I've never heard of someone who doesn't believe Horoscopes are real! What is this?!
It's business. Some people can make money out of it. Science is definitely not the answer to every question in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you are a harrassed Mum, who is going to make you feel good when you get 5 minutes to yourself... Stephen Hawking, Dorkins or Russell Grant ?
Of course they are real. Idiot.
It's obvious that the particular alignment of planets in the solar system at a given arbitrary time relative to an arbitrary animal sign at the time of my birth is a completely reliable director and predictor of what will happen to me. FFS OP.
I only believe in my horoscopes when it holds some truth :u:
Original post by Friar Chris
It's obvious that the particular alignment of planets in the solar system at a given arbitrary time relative to an arbitrary animal sign at the time of my birth is a completely reliable director and predictor of what will happen to me. FFS OP.

You are a fool.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
You are a fool.

Oh boy :facepalm:
I find it amazing when people believe in rubbish like horoscopes and mediums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
*tips fedora*
Original post by Underscore__
I find it amazing when people believe in rubbish like horoscopes and mediums

Posted from TSR Mobile

and religion
I don't really believe in them but sometimes they're fun to read.

Quick Reply

Latest