The Student Room Group

Thirsty girls

I've seen how easy it is to bash boys on tsr for being thirsty but why is it that girls get away with it? Or do thirsty girls not exist as much?

Like if a guy chats to a girl here, he's being thirsty for some reason but I don't see girls being accused of this when they initiate convos with the opposite sex. Why the double standard?
There's a difference between initiating convos and being thirsty. Some of the stuff guys say on this website... :facepalm2:

But if a guy gets labelled thirsty for speaking to a girl then that's not cool either.
Girls do not get away with being thirsty.
Thirsty for dudes is not the same thirstiness for girls. There's a science to it lol

Thirsty dudes is when he approaches every female, one to the next, mostly because the previous girl just turned him down. And he has no game and makes it loud and clear against his will. Shirtless selfies, mirror selfies, and then the mirror is dirty. Or he has a car and claims it's his. Money in his photos.

Thirsty girls are the ones who are overly flirtatious, loud, aggressive, showing a lot of skin and body for no reason, a lot of makeup just to go to the corner shop or a class lecture. The ones who desperately want male attention so you just scoot away from her, or put her on block. The ones with blow-kiss selfies all the time. Just repulsive.
I've never seen boys being bashed for wanting a glass of water :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
There's a difference between initiating convos and being thirsty. Some of the stuff guys say on this website... :facepalm2:

But if a guy gets labelled thirsty for speaking to a girl then that's not cool either.

That's fine, if someone is blatantly being thirsty then fair enough. I just think it's so much easier to call a guy thirsty than a girl, sometimes the guy doesn't have to be doing anything other than just being friendly.
Girls keep it to PM's only usually
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
That's fine, if someone is blatantly being thirsty then fair enough. I just think it's so much easier to call a guy thirsty than a girl, sometimes the guy doesn't have to be doing anything other than just being friendly.

Maybe guys like that just give off a creepy vibe so are seen as being thirsty? I'm not sure.

I would say women do get judged for being 'thirsty' and are called 'aggressive', 'desperate' and 'slut' etc. So I'm not really understanding how there is a double standard. If anything the man is usually the one expected to initiate so unless he is putting her on a pedestal, not taking the hint for rejection or following her bait around like a donkey that hasn't eaten for days and a carrot they are not seen as thirsty.
Original post by Mpagtches
I've never seen boys being bashed for wanting a glass of water :dontknow:

What're you talking about? I'm lost. Maybe it's not you, I'm currenty under the influence.
Original post by jazjaz

I would say women do get judged for being 'thirsty' and are called 'aggressive', 'desperate' and 'slut' etc. So I'm not really understanding how there is a double standard.

Yea exactly, that's what I'm saying. I'd be talking with my boys and then a girl would pass, we'd all look at her and then there's always one dude who goes, "nah, she's thirsty." And I remember a recent time a girl was wearing leggins and bright pink shoes just minding her business and someone called her thirsty for wearing leggins.
Original post by rat poison
What're you talking about? I'm lost. Maybe it's not you, I'm currenty under the influence.

You need to sober up -- here have this water :smile:
Original post by Mpagtches
You need to sober up -- here have this water :smile:

haha, good one.
water doesn't work for me, and it's not alcohol that I need sobering from.

But anyway explain, are you saying that a dude would get insulted for offering a girl a drink or something?
Reply 11
Yea exactly, that's what I'm saying. I'd be talking with my boys and then a girl would pass, we'd all look at her and then there's always one dude who goes, "nah, she's thirsty." And I remember a recent time a girl was wearing leggins and bright pink shoes just minding her business and someone called her thirsty for wearing leggins.

Sorry but your 'boys' sound a bit immature and insecure to be calling someone wearing leggings thirsty!
Original post by jazjaz
Sorry but your 'boys' sound a bit immature and insecure to be calling someone wearing leggings thirsty!

Don't say sorry to me, I didn't say it. I'm on your side, lady lol
I'm just pointing out that yes girls get called thirsty too, and for silly ****.
Reply 13
Don't say sorry to me, I didn't say it. I'm on your side, lady lol
I'm just pointing out that yes girls get called thirsty too, and for silly ****.

Haha I know I wasn't calling you out, I was calling them out :smile:
Original post by jazjaz
Haha I know I wasn't calling you out, I was calling them out :smile:

k, cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending