The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got allocated to St Anne's ! :biggrin:

Original post by Pcabezas
I have also been allocated to St Hilda's! I think that everyone who made the open application will receive their emails soon!
Do people who applied directly to a college also get an email? In the first mail it said that there will be further information at the end of October. Is the mail you got an email with further information or is it just for people who made an open application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nhabib3
Did any1 get acknowledgement from the college?? I got an offer from a different university already but no acknowledgement from OX

I haven't yet either.
Guys, check your spam inbox, that's where I found mine !

Original post by sportyannie
I haven't yet either.

Original post by scblx
Do people who applied directly to a college also get an email? In the first mail it said that there will be further information at the end of October. Is the mail you got an email with further information or is it just for people who made an open application?Posted from TSR Mobile
I have also been allocated to St Hilda's! I think that everyone who made the open application will receive their emails soon!

This is fate tbh :tongue: I can't wait to know more about it!

Original post by scblx
Do people who applied directly to a college also get an email? In the first mail it said that there will be further information at the end of October. Is the mail you got an email with further information or is it just for people who made an open application?

This one's just for those who made the open application, but we were told that our colleges would mail us soon. So I'm assuming you'll get mails from your colleges around that time as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamara98

Yay!
Original post by Plagioclase
Yay!

By any chance, are you currently studying there ? :smile:

LOOOOL, the same college as the one I applied to - how insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain to my why you would possible make an open application? I mean sure, you might not care which college you go to, and you there is a chance you might not even go to the college you apply for, but you are supposed to have an equal chance of getting into Oxford regardless of which college you apply to, so you surely must like one college just a little bit more than the others?! It just seems a bit pointless to me
Still waiting for christ church to send their acknowledgement. Stressing this out :||||
How long has everyone been preparing for the admissions tests?
By any chance, are you currently studying there ? :smile:

Yep!
Original post by Eux
Can someone explain to my why you would possible make an open application? I mean sure, you might not care which college you go to, and you there is a chance you might not even go to the college you apply for, but you are supposed to have an equal chance of getting into Oxford regardless of which college you apply to, so you surely must like one college just a little bit more than the others?! It just seems a bit pointless to me

International applicant here. I didn't really know what to opt for. When I visited Oxford as tourist, I had no idea I'd apply and I really don't remember a lot of it anyway. So instead of choosing something randomly, I let Oxford choose for me.
Original post by Princepieman
LOOOOL, the same college as the one I applied to - how insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god you

Original post by Eux

I'm an extremely flexible person and I simply couldn't make a choice. Although I did like some colleges more than the others, I know that in the end if I get an offer I'll like it wherever I am. I did get lucky with St Anne's though ! :biggrin:
Original post by Eux

I'm from Spain, so I had no idea about the different colleges, nor have I ever been to Oxford.

Therefore, I decided that I would rather be allocated to a random college than choosing one based on nothing.
I've been allotted Exeter.
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
How long has everyone been preparing for the admissions tests?

I haven't done much for the PAT, but going through a few past papers, methinks the maths section isn't much to worry about. I'll be revising for the Physics section soon, though that's going to be difficult since I'll be writing my final CIE boards starting the 28th.
+ I'm also an international applicant !

Original post by Plagioclase
Yep!

That's incredible, what's your course ? Is the atmosphere as friendly as what it seems like, judging by the website and student testimonies ?
Original post by theonetruequeen
x

x

x

Thats fair enough and I understand why you made that choice, but surely you must know whether you want to spend 3 years in a college close to town, with a large number of students, big grounds, cheap or expensive accomodation, large number of tourists? I went to visit Oxford on one of their open days and I ended up applying to a college I haven't even been inside before, despite visiting Oxford!
As I said before - I'm an extremely flexible person. Had I been the type of person that easily gets annoyed at little things I wouldn't have sent an open application.

Also, anyone knows if people get a randomly allocated college or do they read through your personal statement and grades a bit ? Like is there a giant hat with our names in it ?

Latest

Trending

Trending