The Student Room Group

Bonfire night plea:

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
But it is still OK to burn Catholics, isn't it? :redface:

Edit: for the benefit of the moderator whose job it is to review this post, the above is a reference to the meaning of Bonfire Night, more properly Gunpowder Treason Day, and the attempted destruction of the Houses of Parliament and the assassination of the protestant King James VI of Scotland / I of England by a bunch of catholic conspirators who sought the reversal of the state religion back to Catholicism and ultimately rule by the Pope from Rome. The guy that is burned as an effigy is Guy Fawkes, the chap charged with igniting the vast store of gunpowder hidden in the building's cellars. Remember, remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
no of course not :colonhash:

Bugger. That's Bonfire night cancelled then.

:mad:
Original post by Simes
But it is still OK to burn Catholics, isn't it? :redface:

I love how this was actually the first thing my mind and you still managed to get with the comment first.

:rofl:
why is everyone talking about catholics when this is about hedgehogs :s-smilie:

Chill Miss Cavy

I love hedgehogs and I promise not to hurt them
That loud crackle and pop you hear at a bonfire? That's a hedgehog exploding :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
are you Bismarck in diguise? :holmes:
No, King James.
Reply 7
Youve obviously never tried roasted hedgehog. Youd change your mind pretty quickly.
Reply 8
Original post by saeed97
You've obviously never tried roasted hedgehog. You'd change your mind pretty quickly.
Do you advocate the pack-it-in-mud method the gypsies use?

I am assured it is best, since the prickles, fleas and skin all come off with the baked mud.
Sorry i cant. I find they give the fire a good kick

Spoiler

have you some weird animal fetish?
Hey guys :smile:

This isn't really a proper thread just related to something i read on the news and what makes me anxious every year.

It is getting close to Bonfire/GuyFawkes night *whoo* :groovy:and that is great and good fun but can i just urge everyone:

Please can you check your bonfires for hedgehogs, before you light them!

Hedgehogs love to nest in bonfires (they love the sticks), so please can you check that there are no hedgehogs in the bonfire before you light it. Hedgehog numbers are declining dramatically and they need all of the help they can get. Even if you don't like hedgehogs or animals it dosen't take a lot of effort to make sure no hedgehogs are inside before you light it.

thank you and let's save hedgehogs from being burnt alive this bonfire night :h:

http://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/aboutus/news/details/-/articleName/2015_10_13_NEWS_BurntHedgehog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/natureuk/2011/11/why-hedgehogs-are-in-trouble-a.shtml

PRSOM

People are always talking about the pets inside, but not the animals outside!
Reply 12
it isn't weird that i love animals :colonhash:
That's what David Cameron said. :rolleyes:
yay you have a Halloween guinea pig avatar :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hedgehogs are cool.
Reply 15
:goaway: can everyone stop mucking about, this is a serious issue :s-smilie:

I am being serious. Give it a go.
Original post by Simes
Do you advocate the pack-it-in-mud method the gypsies use?

I am assured it is best, since the prickles, fleas and skin all come off with the baked mud.

Interesting, never seen this before. Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a try.
Original post by KingBradly
Hedgehogs are cool.

yay!! :grouphugs::five:
Original post by Odd socks
yay you have a Halloween guinea pig avatar :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i made it on GIMP :biggrin:
Reply 17
no i will not 'give it a go'

why is it that everytime i post something vaughly animal related everyone starts making jokes about it. :s-smilie:

Because some people dont give a crap about them :smile:
Reply 18
if you don't then why are you even here. You yourself are an animal and as i stated in the OP which i doubt you bothered to read, even if you don't care it dosen't take a minute to check a bonfire.

Dont worry i'll go one step further and not do a bonfire at all. Happy now?
Naw this is so cute!!! Yes of course I will check my bonfire! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending