The Student Room Group

How would Lancaster view my grades?

I'm applying for Geography at Lancaster (which is AAB) as my first choice, because I love the place, but more to the point, I'm a little worried that my predicted grades may just be short, even if it is by one.

I'm currently predicted: A - B - B - C (and I've done an EPQ with I believe a predicted C or B), How would these weigh up do you think?

I'm just worried because an assessment tomorrow will bring a second B to an A but I'm still really quite worried about it all.

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mnmsyellow
I'm applying for Geography at Lancaster (which is AAB) as my first choice, because I love the place, but more to the point, I'm a little worried that my predicted grades may just be short, even if it is by one.

I'm currently predicted: A - B - B - C (and I've done an EPQ with I believe a predicted C or B), How would these weigh up do you think?

I'm just worried because an assessment tomorrow will bring my B to an A but I'm still really quite worried about it all.

Thanks!

Lancaster isn't in the position of having to be kind to anyone, so as you don't meet the requirements, you'd be well advised to regard this as your high risk application and make your others within your reach. If they make you an offer, it will be for AAA, which is their standard offer. The lower AAB offer is for contextual offers only, so unless you qualify for this, you will get the higher offer and as you are two grades short of this, it is quite a gamble.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Lancaster isn't in the position of having to be kind to anyone, so as you don't meet the requirements, you'd be well advised to regard this as your high risk application and make your others within your reach. If they make you an offer, it will be for AAA, which is their standard offer. The lower AAB offer is for contextual offers only, so unless you qualify for this, you will get the higher offer and as you are two grades short of this, it is quite a gamble.

Okay, it's just, looking at the site, it states that "AAB" is the standard offer for the geography course I applied for, as the four year ones are usually A*AA or AAA, while the three year ones are AAB according to both the site, and my friend who happens to be a part of the admissions team up there. I was hoping there would be some form of leniency.:frown:
Original post by mnmsyellow
Okay, it's just, looking at the site, it states that "AAB" is the standard offer for the geography course I applied for, as the four year ones are usually A*AA or AAA, while the three year ones are AAB according to both the site, and my friend who happens to be a part of the admissions team up there. I was hoping there would be some form of leniency.:frown:

http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/460998/geography?Vac=1&AvailableIn=2016&Query=geography&ProviderQuery=Lancaster%20University%2C%20&AcpId=1364&page=1&providerids=1364&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu

I'm going off this. I don't think leniency for friends is the way they go about things, but if you do, the question you are posing is somewhat moot.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/460998/geography?Vac=1&AvailableIn=2016&Query=geography&ProviderQuery=Lancaster%20University%2C%20&AcpId=1364&page=1&providerids=1364&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu

I'm going off this. I don't think leniency for friends is the way they go about things, but if you do, the question you are posing is somewhat moot.

Don't worry I'm not counting on the leniency for friends, I'm just looking around for any help really, and I've been told that Lancaster tends to give out a lot of offers, and if you put them as a firm choice you can be a grade below, I was just hoping to confirm it in some way. (I've learned this from both my friend and other threads). Like I said, I'm just worrying really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending