The Student Room Group

Wil the EPQ get me into the top universities?

I am currently studying Alevels in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I am in year 12 and have recently taken on the EPQ but I am have the chance drop it within the next couple of weeks as it is a lot of work. As you can see my work load is pretty big and I am aiming to go to a top univeristy but I don't want to take on more work and for my grades to suffer for the EPQ if it isn't even a requirement for top univeristies. I am wondering whether it is an expectation these days and for any advice any of you may have for me! Thank you in advance
Original post by Amyh141999
I am currently studying Alevels in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I am in year 12 and have recently taken on the EPQ but I am have the chance drop it within the next couple of weeks as it is a lot of work. As you can see my work load is pretty big and I am aiming to go to a top univeristy but I don't want to take on more work and for my grades to suffer for the EPQ if it isn't even a requirement for top univeristies. I am wondering whether it is an expectation these days and for any advice any of you may have for me! Thank you in advance

There is absolutely no need to do it :smile: if not doing it means you can put more effort into your A Levels, you're more likely to get better grades in them. I dropped it a few weeks before it had to be due in and it was the best decision I made. You won't be at a disadvantage :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyh141999

It is not really worth taking.
It does not really put you in an advantageous situation.
If I was you I'd rather concentrate on nailing good grades in my normal A levels :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Changing Skies
There is absolutely no need to do it :smile: if not doing it means you can put more effort into your A Levels, you're more likely to get better grades in them. I dropped it a few weeks before it had to be due in and it was the best decision I made. You won't be at a disadvantage :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your reply! I feel that I would be able to put much more into my A-Levls without the EPQ.
Reply 4
Original post by Rickstahhh
It is not really worth taking.
It does not really put you in an advantageous situation.
If I was you I'd rather concentrate on nailing good grades in my normal A levels :smile:

I agree with you, thank you for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest