The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CoolCavy
i am serious, why does everyone think i'm not? :mad:

Just the general surprise that someone can be old enough to operate a computer and internet forums and yet having not come across that term before.
Reply 61
No, just like I don't get jealous that homeless people can urinate wherever they like. When you have no self-respect, you have unlimited freedom.
Original post by cole-slaw
The truth is more subtle than that.

The reason some women don't actively seek sex is because they know they won't get it, because they're unattractive.

Men of equivalent attractiveness still seek sex, desperately, but just fail endlessly.

The difficulty faced by these two above groups is identical.

Discounting those two groups, and considering only people of average or above-average attractiveness, you will find exactly the same levels of people who want sex, and exactly the same number who get sex, and thus exactly the same level of difficulty for both males and females.

You could, naively, argue that the extra "competition" from all the ugly guys makes it harder for average or above average guys. But realistically, those guys are absolutely no competition whatsoever.

Unattractive girls can most definitely get sex, and lots of it!!!!

Hell the biggest 'slut' (and I very rarely use that phrase) at our uni was one of the biggest (not fat per say), most hideous girls I've seen. She pulled most nights she went out, why? Most guys don't mind dropping their standards a tad, a few guys don't mind dropping their standards at all!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DanB1991
Unattractive girls can most defiantly get sex, and lots of it!!!!

Hell the biggest 'slut' (and I very rarely use that phrase) at our uni was one of the biggest (not fat per say), most hideous girls I've seen. She pulled most nights she went out, why? Most guys don't mind dropping their standards a tad, a few guys don't mind dropping their standards at all!

There are exceptions to every rule. Generally, unattractive girls don't even try to get sex.
Unattractive girls can most defiantly get sex, and lots of it!!!!

The image of a woman defiantly getting sex is amazing. Thank you for this.
Original post by STARRS
The image of a woman defiantly getting sex is amazing. Thank you for this.

OOPS!!! ta for noticing that!.... I'm a tad hungover right now :P

There are exceptions to every rule. Generally, unattractive girls don't even try to get sex.

I think many don't as it's a confidence issue..... but I would say many do it less, I would hazard a guess maybe around 50% still know they can get laid if they tried. I also find they tend to be more "finding a relationship" kind of people rather than those who want one night stands.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Ignoring same-sex

Every time a woman has sex, so does a man so how does this even work?

Multiple average-looking women are more likely to sleep with one attractive 'alpha' male.

This is pure biology, we can trace our ancestors to 20 females and only about four males.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Multiple average-looking women are more likely to sleep with one attractive 'alpha' male.

This is pure biology, we can trace our very distant ancestors to 20 females and only about four males.

So?

A man is still having sex, I don't care if you're an incel loser
Original post by Reue
Just the general surprise that someone can be old enough to operate a computer and internet forums and yet having not come across that term before.

this is my first ever forum :h: and i don't go on any weird sites that would use any weird s***** terms
OOPS!!! ta for noticing that!.... I'm a tad hungover right now :P

I think many don't as it's a confidence issue..... but I would say many do it less, I would hazard a guess maybe around 50% still know they can get laid if they tried. I also find they tend to be more "finding a relationship" kind of people rather than those who want one night stands.

"finding a relationship" kind of people still have sex you know.

How else do you think you find a relationship?
this is my first ever forum :h: and i don't go on any weird sites that would use any weird s***** terms

Stop flirting you two. You'll derail the statistics.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
So?

A man is still having sex, I don't care if you're an incel loser

Whooosh over your head

The point is that women can get laid more easily.
Reply 72

Perhaps I just grew up in a particularly vulgar area, but Laid was certainly a very common term. There's also the fantastic song of the same name as featured in almost every American Pie :biggrin:
And it feeellss like jealousy.
"finding a relationship" kind of people still have sex you know.

How else do you think you find a relationship?

Most of them have sex after starting the relationships. While many relationships do start on failed on night stands (failed as it grows into something) or someone actually meets someone they like on a night out, generally those fall apart. Thus the reputation it's quite a bad idea to start a relationship with someone you met on a night out.

By comparison I've found that mostly, with couples I've met had, that they have had sex after their relationship started (whether it was offical or not is a moot point).

I would say in around 3/4's of my relationships, we had sex after they started.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by bassbabe
And it feeellss like jealousy.

Just disgust.
The amount of borderline autistic male virgins in this thread

SMH
Reply 77
The answer is no because we blokes are more fussy. Do I sense a female on male or male on female type argument developing here, excuse the pun, Is someone really needed to keep the score? Isn't it about quality not quantity...:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Women can get laid easily. However, they cannot get laid by whoever they want easily. There is a difference.
Reply 79
The truth is more subtle than that.

The reason some women don't actively seek sex is because they know they won't get it, because they're unattractive.

Men of equivalent attractiveness still seek sex, desperately, but just fail endlessly.

The difficulty faced by these two above groups is identical.

Discounting those two groups, and considering only people of average or above-average attractiveness, you will find exactly the same levels of people who want sex, and exactly the same number who get sex, and thus exactly the same level of difficulty for both males and females.

You could, naively, argue that the extra "competition" from all the ugly guys makes it harder for average or above average guys. But realistically, those guys are absolutely no competition whatsoever.

Why are you discounting people who want to have sex as an equivalent of those who don't? And why those of below average attractiveness also?

I would exclude those who aren't after sex because something can only be difficult (or not) if you're actually trying to do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending