The Student Room Group

Why do people drink alcohol?

There are so many risks and issues associated with it that it really surprises me a lot of people consider drinking alcohol. I could really never imagine myself drinking it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

My main issue with it is that by consuming large quantities, one loses one's inhibitions and becomes awfully rude. Swearing, shouting and all the rest of it are fairly common consequences. I think it is the most horrendous thing. To be seen shouting or heard using strong language in a public place is the greatest recipe for embarrassment I have ever heard of.

Surely I'm not the only one?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I agree, people that get pissed every weekend for 'fun' are so annoying.
To get drunk.
Original post by chantalc

prsom

people r strange :dontknow:
i actually enjoy drinking various alcoholic drinks. Not because of the alcohol in them, because of the taste.

I don't understand the attraction in going and getting smashed just for 'fun' though

Why would this annoy you?
Cos being drunk is a good feeling. You should try it.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
prsom

people r strange :dontknow:

its so annoying, people that say they're more fun when they're drunk, have to get pissed before a party, think its funny when they have no idea whats going on or have control over themselves...yes I'm fun at a party aha.

its people that obsess over drink that piss me off
I love being drunk :awesome:
To get away from reality for a little while?
(edited 8 years ago)
its so annoying, people that say they're more fun when they're drunk, have to get pissed before a party, think its funny when they have no idea whats going on or have control over themselves...yes I'm fun at a party aha.

I know.

I think it's people that have bad/sad lives that have to get drunk a lot. :h:

Nah, I'm way less fun to be around when I'm drunk. Well.. unless people are laughing at me, but that's a whole other ball game.
Original post by SmashConcept
Why would this annoy you?

because its all they obsess about, talk about and think is important. I have no problem with drinking and Im not saying I don't, but I'm not obsessed
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
I know.

I think it's people that have bad/sad lives that have to get drunk a lot. :h:

or they don't have amazing personalities like us:wink:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Nah, I'm way less fun to be around when I'm drunk. Well.. unless people are laughing at me, but that's a whole other ball game.

aw, thats not fun for you
Ill answer your question when you answer: Why do people drink fanta
You can't really question 'why' they do? It's like saying, why do people smoke. You're going to get many different reasons.

That's true. I don't really see why so much money should be spent on something so trivial.
aw, thats not fun for you

No, I really enjoy being drunk. The lightheaded feeling; feeling happy and giggly, like I can do anything and nothing is as **** as it is when I'm sober.
or they don't have amazing personalities like us:wink:

agreed :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest