The Student Room Group

Time to change our attitude towards America

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
America is a state that regularly performs lethal injection

More delusion. Public beheading is a humiliating and painful way to die, lethal injection is neither. The people America inflicts it on are also actual criminals, as opposed to the apostates, homosexuals, and "sorcerers" (???) Saudi Arabia sees fit to kill. What do you expect from a judicial system designed in the 7th century Middle East?

Honestly, mate, pull your head out of your arse.
(edited 8 years ago)
America is cancer....even worse.
Original post by StrangeBanana
More delusion. Public beheading is a humiliating and painful way to die, lethal injection is neither. The people America inflicts it on are also actual criminals, as opposed to the apostates, homosexuals, and "sorcerers" (???) Saudi Arabia sees fit to kill.

You really can't expect sophistication from a judicial system designed in 7th century Arabia.

Being murdered while people watch isn't humiliating? And it's clearly painful since alot of the time they writhe around in pain before they die.

I guess you support the death penalty though so this is a silly debate.

You must be dumb
Reply 23
Original post by stochasticking
History is always taught in schools from your own countries' narrative. Russia didn't play a part? Did they not push back the Nazis from advancing beyond Moscow in 1942(with a little help from winter)? Who advanced on Berlin from the east in 1945? What part did the US play in the battle of Britain ? America didn't save Europe from the Nazis, the allies did ; it was a collective effort.

i dont have time to get into it here, but you should brush up on your history. without the US, there is absolutely no way the allies would have won. and they did not have to help, it was our( european) conflict but they decided to get involved and save us.
Being murdered while people watch isn't humiliating?

...yes, it is. :indiff:

And it's clearly painful since alot of the time they writhe around in pain before they die.

No it's not, and no they don't, if it's done properly.

I guess you support the death penalty though so this is a silly debate.

As it happens, I don't, I just have the mental faculties to distinguish between the methods used by America and those used by a dictatorial regime that hasn't yet made it out of the dark ages.
Original post by Quanty
We are very disrespectful towards America and American culture. Seems like we cant go more than a few sentences without taking some jab at them. This is a trend that I find disturbing. America saved Europe from the Nazis, they subsidize our national safety today as well. They are the most innovative country, yet we still mock them. I would like for us to become more respectful

Original post by StrangeBanana
...yes, it is. :indiff:

No it's not, and no they don't, if it's done properly.

As it happens, I don't, I just have the mental faculties to distinguish between the methods used by America and those used by a dictatorial regime that hasn't yet made it out of the dark ages.

So why do you agree with lethal injection? It's a slow and painful public execution lol.

And it's not always done properly. Your lack of knowledge disturbs me. The European company that used to supply the US with the drugs they need for lethal injection no longer does because of ethical reasons. Now they source them from less reputable companies and these mistakes are much more common place now.

Ye you're dumb. Read a book or something.
Frankly I don't blame people for disliking us. You can't fault them for feeling this way.

[video="youtube;CyDlW-S4STY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDlW-S4STY[/video]
x

I've thoroughly dismantled your delusions, and anyone with half a brain can see it.

Have a nice day. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by ~Seraphina~
Frankly I don't blame people for disliking us. You can't fault them for feeling this way.

[video="youtube;CyDlW-S4STY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDlW-S4STY[/video]

how self conscious can you get :s-smilie:
Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, George Bush, Donald Trump, Westboro Baptist Church, the death penalty... need I go on?

EDIT: I'm fully aware of the role the UK played in the wars, just to clarify
(edited 8 years ago)
I & I know that all of the youth shall witness the day that Babylon shall fall!
Original post by Quanty
i dont have time to get into it here, but you should brush up on your history. without the US, there is absolutely no way the allies would have won. and they did not have to help, it was our( european) conflict but they decided to get involved and save us.

I think you in fact need to brush up a tad on your history. You stated that "America saved Europe from the Nazis". You could quite easily make the same argument for Russia or Britain. If Germany won the Battle of Britain they would have had a much stronger stranglehold over Europe. It was a World War that was initiated in Europe. Not "our " conflict. It was actually a more collective effort that won the War in Europe against the Nazis.
Reply 33
I think you in fact need to brush up a tad on your history. You stated that "America saved Europe from the Nazis". You could quite easily make the same argument for Russia or Britain. If Germany won the Battle of Britain they would have had a much stronger stranglehold over Europe. It was a World War that was initiated in Europe. Not "our " conflict. It was actually a more collective effort that won the War in Europe against the Nazis.

Yes it was a collective effort, but its disengenuous to downplay the american impact. They were the single most important reason the nazis did not win. So it isnt inaccurate fir me to say america saved europe. (Twice if we count ww1)
Original post by Quanty
Yes it was a collective effort, but its disengenuous to downplay the american impact. They were the single most important reason the nazis did not win. So it isnt inaccurate fir me to say america saved europe. (Twice if we count ww1)

America did play a part. Definitely. I don't agree. I think the part the USSR played in WW2 is hugely downplayed. Most probably because USSR were never really considered full allies but had a common enemy. WW1? US didn't enter WW1 until 1917 a year before its expiry.
Original post by Quanty
they have made errors, everyone has. but without america we would not have: the internet, good music, good movies, etc. they contribute more to the wellbeing of the world than anyone else.

Some of the best music and movies I have watched have been British. The internet has many downsides.
Don't be so lame. We arse kiss them, we construct our entire country around pleasing them. We should be doing the opposite, EU withdrawal is the perfect example. Look at how cravenly they ask Obama or Hilary whether they want us in the EU.
Original post by driftawaay
but LoL they have michelle bachmann/sarah palin/donald trump/republicans, how could we not mock them

We have Jeremy Corbyn.
Original post by Quanty
We are very disrespectful towards America and American culture. Seems like we cant go more than a few sentences without taking some jab at them. This is a trend that I find disturbing. America saved Europe from the Nazis, they subsidize our national safety today as well. They are the most innovative country, yet we still mock them. I would like for us to become more respectful

American confirmed
America did play a part. Definitely. I don't agree. I think the part the USSR played in WW2 is hugely downplayed. Most probably because USSR were never really considered full allies but had a common enemy. WW1? US didn't enter WW1 until 1917 a year before its expiry.

Yet wAs critical to a successful allied outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending