The Student Room Group

French exam

For my French exams I have to write a paragraph about, what my friend does to keep healthy. I'm not quite sure how to write it, could someone please give me some phrases?? 😊
You could use some imperfect then present tense phrases to refer to what your friend used to do in the past but does now perhaps:

elle faisait...mais maintenant.../de nos jours... (she used to do...but now.../nowadays...)

Other possible phrases:

La plupart du temps elle essaie de manger sainement...par exemple, elle mange pas mal de fruits et de légumes tous les jours...(most of the time she tries to eat healthily...for example she eats lots of fruit and vegetables every day...)

En ce qui concerne(/quant à) l'exercice, elle en fait beaucoup...par exemple, elle aime jouer à la/au...(as far as exercise is concerned(/as for exercise), she does a lot (of it)...for example she likes to play...

Hope this helped!
Original post by Mariya29
For my French exams I have to write a paragraph about, what my friend does to keep healthy. I'm not quite sure how to write it, could someone please give me some phrases?? 😊

C'est bonne pour la sante= it is good for your health
Pour garder la ligne= to keep/maintain your figure
J'ai fais du jogging une fois par semaine= I do jogging once a week
Ça aide prevènir les maladies= it helps to prevent sicknesses
May have missed out some accents just check before writing them down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
C'est bonne pour la sante= it is good for your health
Pour garder la ligne= to keep/maintain your figure
J'ai fais du jogging une fois par semaine= I do jogging once a week
May have missed out some accents just check before writing them down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*c'est bon...la santé
*je fais
*aide à prévenir
Original post by hoafanuk
*c'est bon...la santé
*je fais
*aide à prévenir

Thanks it won't allow me on this keyboard to put accents on more than once?:/ are you french I'm guessing or just good at the language unlike me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks it won't allow me on this keyboard to put accents on more than once?:/ are you french I'm guessing or just good at the language unlike me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem and no i'm not french haha, just started as this year x
No problem and no i'm not french haha, just started as this year x

Same, apologies for the mistakes usually pretty accurate hahax

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you finding it so far? @_Charlotte15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd recommend "Cela aide" instead of "ça aide" as it's more formal. As has already been pointed out, you need the preposition "à" after "aider"
How are you finding it so far? @_Charlotte15

It's a huge step from gcse for me, the biggest out of the 4 other subjects I've took but I'm enjoying it. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really enjoying it, probably my favourite so far! I think my other subjects (bio, chem and spanish) have probably had bigger jumps, especially spanish but they're all noticeably harder. What else are you taking?
Really enjoying it, probably my favourite so far! I think my other subjects (bio, chem and spanish) have probably had bigger jumps, especially spanish but they're all noticeably harder. What else are you taking?

Ethics&philosophy, english and French

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah ok, do you have any idea what you want to do?
ah ok, do you have any idea what you want to do?

No not really, maybe english at uni but not sure. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not really, maybe english at uni but not sure. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine/French + beginners' Russian but not 100% sure atm
Medicine/French + beginners' Russian but not 100% sure atm

Mines between English and French but same nothing's for certain yet. Russian?! Don't know a word of Russian unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither but it looks so interesting! One of my French teachers can speak it and it sounds so cool haha
Me neither but it looks so interesting! One of my French teachers can speak it and it sounds so cool haha

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Thankyou so much for your helpp! :biggrin:
No problem! Glad it helped x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending