The Student Room Group

How Do I Get This Girl?

A few weeks ago I was selected for a trip where lots of other teenagers from around the UK came together to do leadership activites. I didn't really make any friends however towards the end of the week I started to talk more to one of the girls that was in my group, that was easy because I am also a girl but I didn't talk to her enough to get her social media or anything.

She was really intelligent, sporty and she is the most stunning girl I've ever seen. She wears glasses that actually look really sexy on her, but just her face was amazingly beautiful. She had cute cheeks, gorgeous eyes and was short and slim but curvy.She was so lovely to talk to aswell. She is driving me crazy and I can't stop thinking about her.

She lives in another county that is two hours away so it's impossible for me to run into her. I don't have her social media and she has facebook which I have an account for but don't use so have no pictures, adding her would look really odd. I have instagram but she doesn't so I can't talk to her that way.
I have no idea how to pursue her, she really was lovely so I wouldn't feel so bad about being friends. I would really appreciate any advice, bearing in mind she is a girl and so am I.
Original post by Anonymous
A few weeks ago I was selected for a trip where lots of other teenagers from around the UK came together to do leadership activites. I didn't really make any friends however towards the end of the week I started to talk more to one of the girls that was in my group, that was easy because I am also a girl but I didn't talk to her enough to get her social media or anything.

She was really intelligent, sporty and she is the most stunning girl I've ever seen. She wears glasses that actually look really sexy on her, but just her face was amazingly beautiful. She had cute cheeks, gorgeous eyes and was short and slim but curvy.She was so lovely to talk to aswell. She is driving me crazy and I can't stop thinking about her.

She lives in another county that is two hours away so it's impossible for me to run into her. I don't have her social media and she has facebook which I have an account for but don't use so have no pictures, adding her would look really odd. I have instagram but she doesn't so I can't talk to her that way.
I have no idea how to pursue her, she really was lovely so I wouldn't feel so bad about being friends. I would really appreciate any advice, bearing in mind she is a girl and so am I.

Maybe bite the bullet and message her on Facebook - saying Hey, it's me from .... I don't really use Facebook but if you're interested you can Whatsapp me on (insert your number here).and I would love to get to know you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe bite the bullet and message her on Facebook - saying Hey, it's me from .... I don't really use Facebook but if you're interested you can Whatsapp me on (insert your number here).and I would love to get to know you.

I completely get that approach, could work but she wouldn't know how I know her last name or anything, I just read it on her lanyard name tag.
I completely get that approach, could work but she wouldn't know how I know her last name or anything, I just read it on her lanyard name tag.

Maybe mention that as well then? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe mention that as well then? :smile:

I guess this is one way I can approach the situation, i just don't want to mess it up. I've never done the whole relationship thing, it's actually so hard.
I guess this is one way I can approach the situation, i just don't want to mess it up. I've never done the whole relationship thing, it's actually so hard.

You're overthinking it slightly, don't worry too much and send her a message. :smile:
Reply 6
Yep just do what Sean said and it can go either way but at least you won't have regrets. I mean what are the chances you'll meet her again?? Just go for it :smile:

yep it is, oh and it doesnt get any easier either.

I think in this instance, youve just got to bite the bullet and find her of fb. Then message her, seeing as she lives that far away you cant be relying on chance to see her again, so you will have to make it happen.

Find her pop her a message, even if you dont use fb much you can still use messenger.
Reply 8
Original post by silverbolt
yep it is, oh and it doesnt get any easier either.

I think in this instance, youve just got to bite the bullet and find her of fb. Then message her, seeing as she lives that far away you cant be relying on chance to see her again, so you will have to make it happen.

Find her pop her a message, even if you dont use fb much you can still use messenger.

You all have a good point and I am really considering it. I just don't want her to actually think I like her that way at this point, just friends first. I would rather be rejected as a friend and that be it than be rejected as a love interest and not ever know if we could have been friends.

I know I am overthinking but I don't want to come across weird by being really abrupt and out of the blue, I feel I should have an actual reason to talk to people.
You all have a good point and I am really considering it. I just don't want her to actually think I like her that way at this point, just friends first. I would rather be rejected as a friend and that be it than be rejected as a love interest and not ever know if we could have been friends.

I know I am overthinking but I don't want to come across weird by being really abrupt and out of the blue, I feel I should have an actual reason to talk to people.

No!

Look if you go down the friend route with the aim of getting her into bed, your lying to her because your motives are ulterior. There is enough "nice guys" in this world who are doing exactly that. Who then get pissed because the girl doesnt reciprocate those feelings

Sure if you end up dating her then your going to be her friend anyway
Original post by silverbolt
No!

Look if you go down the friend route with the aim of getting her into bed, your lying to her because your motives are ulterior. There is enough "nice guys" in this world who are doing exactly that. Who then get pissed because the girl doesnt reciprocate those feelings

Sure if you end up dating her then your going to be her friend anyway

I am a girl which is what is making this situation much more difficult, it is really likely that she doesn't even like girls so I don't want to be too forward off the bat.
I am a girl which is what is making this situation much more difficult, it is really likely that she doesn't even like girls so I don't want to be too forward off the bat.

well if shes not gay then your really gonna be out of luck now matter how much you try to be her "friend"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending