The Student Room Group

What really gets on your nerves?

Scroll to see replies

People eating with mouth open gets on my nerves so bad
Reply 61
Nothing to be honest. I used to get annoyed or wound up by things but now I just deal with it and get on with things. Life is too short to worry about these things. I now try to find the positive or understand why rather than get annoyed. Most people are just trying to get by in life and not cause anyone else grief. We could all do without the extra angst and grief.

Sometimes I like to just go for a relaxing walk along the river and I sometimes see people doing the things that used to annoy me and its more relaxing than anything because you see that other people are just trying to get by in their own little world and make a life for themselves like you. A lot of these things people do are purely habit and they don't mean no harm so why get mad over these things? You're working yourself up over some of the most trivial things. It's really not worth it.
Original post by Awesome Genius
For me I'd have to say 5 things

1. People driving slowly in the fast lane in slow cars
2. Overweight cock blockers
3. Rich kids with too much money that drive expensive sports cars
4. People who blame society for all of their problems
5. The woman on the train I met today who said "i don't have time for Asians".

For me, I'd say people who think there is such a thing as a "fast lane", even though the same speed limit is supposed to apply in all 3 lanes, and the middle and right lanes are overtaking lanes...
Too much strong odor. Like overbearing perfume/too much. Ugh, headache time.

Smelly breath.

Erm people who talk too much or too fast or cut you off

And then those outbursts of thought like "Oh! yada yada yada" or trying too hard to be noticed. Especially during lectures or something.

Just senseless or rude behavior.
Original post by RFowler
For me, I'd say people who think there is such a thing as a "fast lane", even though the same speed limit is supposed to apply in all 3 lanes, and the middle and right lanes are overtaking lanes...

As a non-police member of the public, I realise I cant enforce the speed limit with selfish driving.
People not wearing their seatbelts.~

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you're approached by some persistant git from Sky, LoveFilm or another service/charity/magazine you couldn't care less about. Why target the dullest, uninterested looking individual around you? lol.

Older generations (50+) who believe all video games are made for children.

Prices of almost everything being hiked up over the past decade or so. Even carrier bags. Who saw that one coming I ask you.

People interrupting me in conversation. I could understand if I was the type who forever bangs on & on, but I'm the opposite and use short sentences most of the time.

Something I've noticed about society in recent years. When people you've recently met show their way of not liking you a great deal by repeating a sentence (in their own voice) which you said 2 minutes earlier. You just stand their and think christ, that was impressive... this time next week you'll have learned how to tie your own laces. It doesn't really get on my nerves, but it does ruffle my feathers a bit.

Teenagers shouting/screaming at the top of their lungs in the street for no apparent reason whatsoever. Shut it, kiddywinks. You're just cruising for a bruising.

People leaving public bogs in a horrible state. If we need all this CCTV around us, it should be placed in there. At a respectable angle of course.
As a non-police member of the public, I realise I cant enforce the speed limit with selfish driving.

If I use the middle lane for overtaking, and end up needing to use the outside lane to overtake again (e.g. lorries overtaking lorries, which is the only time I've ever used the outside lane) then I'll use the "fast lane" to overtake while keeping to the speed limit, whether you like it or not.
'Sorry' being used instead of 'excuse me'.
Michael Gove
1.University.
2.University
3.University.
4.University.
5.University life
Taxes.
Original post by RFowler
If I use the middle lane for overtaking, and end up needing to use the outside lane to overtake again (e.g. lorries overtaking lorries, which is the only time I've ever used the outside lane) then I'll use the "fast lane" to overtake while keeping to the speed limit, whether you like it or not.

Yeh absolutely but some people spend AGES "overtaking" not going back to the middle lane when they aren't overtaking.
Reply 72
For me I'd have to say 5 things

1. People driving slowly in the fast lane in slow cars
2. Overweight cock blockers
3. Rich kids with too much money that drive expensive sports cars
4. People who blame society for all of their problems
5. The woman on the train I met today who said "i don't have time for Asians".

My A-levels other than English Language :angry:

MY GRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People :x
When your walking on the street, uni, work wherever and someone decides to walk so ****ing slow, like they have the time in the world, move out of the way ! Also when there's small path and a bunch of 6 ******s and walking together so slow as if there blocking the road.

Also people who dont answer there phones.
1)When people talk and chew their food with their mouth open
2)When someone is walking extremely slow in front of you, and they just won't move for you
3)Don't mind elderly people at all and will gladly move for them and give away my seat, but when they barge you out of the way to get past and are just rude I can't stand it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
When your walking on the street, uni, work wherever and someone decides to walk so ****ing slow, like they have the time in the world, move out of the way ! Also when there's small path and a bunch of 6 ******s and walking together so slow as if there blocking the road.

Also people who dont answer there phones.

The first one is the bane of my life, annoys me so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hm,
let me think
such a tricky decision
hard one
NOT
THE entireeee HUMAN RACE gets on my nerves.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Racists
Bad manners
Charging extra for stuff

Speak a lot of sense Bill Gates, I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like my personal space. If your confused, some 'lads' put thier arm around your shoulder, I tell em to stop begging it. On the bus today some girls thought it was funny to ruffle the back of my hair then pretend no one did it.

When people act arrogant or go out of thier way to upset someone. I get really angry,really quickly at this.

I hate waiting, i walk really quickly and have to drag my feet when walking and talking with mates. Binned my old shoes as the soles had holes in them from dragging my feet.

Quick Reply