The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plagioclase
What subject are you applying for?

English and Modern Languages (French).
Original post by Nancy97
Have been allocated to Pembroke!!! I wonder what it is like on that college. :biggrin:
@tamara98 Serbian? :biggrin:

I've applied to Pembroke! I found it absolutely lovely on the day when I went to go and visit, I had never considered it before my visit and fell in love with it when I did. I'm sure you'd love it :smile:
oh gosh I wish I had known!! I just have a friend who went to Balliol and liked it, so after checking it out I applied... Do u know the process if a college is oversubscribed??
anyone know the most popular colleges for ppe?
Has everybody got there confirmation letters from their college? I haven't received mine yet????
Original post by ranayounis
I've applied to Pembroke! I found it absolutely lovely on the day when I went to go and visit, I had never considered it before my visit and fell in love with it when I did. I'm sure you'd love it :smile:

Really?!!! Oh Gosh, I hope I will be invited to the interview, I would love to see it sooo much!!! :biggrin:
Original post by sportyannie
Has everybody got there confirmation letters from their college? I haven't received mine yet????

We haven't got confirmation letters from the college, don't worry. Just the ones who put in an open application got allotted colleges.

Btw, guys, is there any way to know approx how many people applied to a certain college for a certain course in 2014/15? St Hilda's accepts only 6 students for engineering science every year and I kinda need to know how many people I'm up against xD
Original post by theonetruequeen
We haven't got confirmation letters from the college, don't worry. Just the ones who put in an open application got allotted colleges.

Btw, guys, is there any way to know approx how many people applied to a certain college for a certain course in 2014/15? St Hilda's accepts only 6 students for engineering science every year and I kinda need to know how many people I'm up against xD

Not for 2014/2015 unfortunately, but you might be interested in this : https://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/wwwoxacuk/localsites/gazette/documents/statisticalinformation/admissionsstatistics/Admissions_Statistics_2013.pdf
Just been allocated to St Edmund Hall for Law :smile:
Original post by ranayounis

I spent a week at Oxford when I went on an Oxford programme led by Pembroke and it was really friendly!
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone doing sitting the HAT?? And if so do you have any advice? I'm sort of freaking out
Original post by unistresshelp
Is anyone doing sitting the HAT?? And if so do you have any advice? I'm sort of freaking out

Past papers past papers past papers past papers! And all the mark schemes. They are super helpful.

Have you already tried any?
I've applied to Trinity! :biggrin: what did you apply for?
Eagerly waiting for the college follow-up email! Desperate to get my supporting documents sent off and be able to chill for a while :,)
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Subject?

PPE, TSA.
Original post by theonetruequeen

I'm sorry this may be a stupid question but, did they really open the course for 6 students? thats crazy (I applied for E&M at CC)
You're also the first one I've found :tongue: I've applied for Medicine ! hmm, my brother studies at Trinity college Cambridge so whilst visiting Oxford it stuck out to me :colondollar: but when I got there, there was a girl who went to the same school as me quite a couple of years back (great coincidence! ) and she really sold it for me! I spent the most time there talking to her which was really helpful so I went for it :smile: How about you? What made you choose Trinity :biggrin:
What should you do on the MLAT (in the translation section) if you don't recognize a word, or if you don't know how to translate it into the target language? Just leave it as is and show that you understand the grammar of the rest of the sentence?
I heard Oriel don't give fridges ! (something I would listen out for :colondollar:) but Trinity is beautiful! I really liked Balliol too though oops! I'm sure you might come across a few more people... Really nervous for the aptitude tests

Latest

Trending

Trending