The Student Room Group

I don't want to lead him on

So there's this guy; I really like his personality and I bounce off of him better than anyone.It's like part of me wants to be in a relationship with him but part of me thinks I'm just lonely and he's such a good guy he fits the bill. But he's just not my type; I'm on the gay side of bisexual so if I like a guy, it's a fairly rare exception. If I genuinely like him, he's one of the only guys I've liked for their personality. I know it'll never work but I worry some of my banter comes across as flirty and the part of me that feels like it could work loves it but the logical part of me is terrified I'm leading him on.I don't even know if he likes me but if he does, I could be well on my way to hurting him and destroying the friendship. In short, this can only end badly. Help!
Reply 1
Bump.
Gay or not, the advice is the same. Get the courage to talk to him about this.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Gay or not, the advice is the same. Get the courage to talk to him about this.

Won't that **** up our friendship?
Original post by Anonymous
Won't that **** up our friendship?

Que sera sera.
Reply 5
Original post by Jonathan Crane
Que sera sera.

Sorry?
Sorry?

It's a well-known phrase with an equally well-known song associated with it. It means "whatever will be will be", so basically if the friendship is good enough then you'll be fine.
Reply 7
Original post by Jonathan Crane
It's a well-known phrase with an equally well-known song associated with it. It means "whatever will be will be", so basically if the friendship is good enough then you'll be fine.
Oh right; thanks then.
Reply 8
Bump (wouldn't mind a few more insights if possible).
Are there any signs that he might like you? Because if he thinks that you're into the fairer sex, he might be put off making moves of his own - if a dude asks out a lesbian knowing she's a lesbian, that could be taken much worse than a straight/bisexual girl asking out a straight dude.

I suggest you talk to him about it, if he doesn't reciprocate the feelings then the pair of you could just laugh this off as good friends would. I can't see any decent guy taking it badly; he doesn't gain anything by throwing your friendship away over this, he would be flattered if anything.

At the very least it'll be a load off your back and you won't spend the next weeks and months wondering "what if"

Odds are that you will probably be; alright.
Best way is to talk to him, otherwise your just going to be left in limbo
Bump (wouldn't mind a few more insights if possible).

I agree with shawn - just talk to him about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending