The Student Room Group

Most powerful war pictures

Pictures captured at times of war are able to provoke the strongest of emotions, and convey meanings better than any article or report could!
Share the most powerful war images you have seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teenhorrorstory
Pictures captured at times of war are able to provoke the strongest of emotions, and convey meanings better than any article or report could!
Share the most powerful war images you have seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remnants_of_an_Army

One of my favorites.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

is that
censored
or

Posted from TSR Mobile

That boys face on the far left always gets me. Kinda wanted to post that.. oh well.

Reply 6

The horrid picture that goes with that is one of the journalists behind the photographer. There was a load of journalists there, the children were running toward them and the journalists avoiding them - it made for this picture looking better unless you see the other one.

They're a bit mercenary, photojournalists.

always
image.jpeg

Attachment not found

Up: August 8, 1986. Tarik El Jdideh. Samira Bou Chnak searching for her two children following a car explosion. Taken during the Lebanese civil war

Down: August 8, 2002. Tarik El Jdideh. Samira Bou Chnak with her two children, Khaled and Farah.
Second picture is after the war, but still! It's an incredible picture as it's the same woman in the same place many years after.
loads :frown:

Original post by CoolCavy
loads :frown:

Reply 12

Inappropriate.
Reply 13
Original post by jedanselemyia

always

Is that a war picture? i always thought it was a monk protesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
Is that a war picture? i always thought it was a monk protesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Against the fact that his country's regime had a negative stance towards Buddhists, so in a state of religious war? :\
Still powerful though
Let's all take a moment to thank God we don't live in a warzone and that our first world problems seems minute compared to what those in war face. Amen.
I absolutely loved the story of Wojtek the bear.
A brown bear donated in Iran to the Polish army in the midst of WW2.
He grew up to be a charmer, and like any of his soldier mates he loved beer :lol:
He also helped carry ammunition, and it's said that he never dropped a single crate.
This is my personal favourite

These follow closely

Original post by zetamcfc

I absolutely loved Remnants of an army, truly evocative. My history teacher used it in one of his lectures last year on the First Afghan War

Quick Reply

Latest