The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Manchester are also crazy quick- took them just over 24 hours to offer me a place!
Original post by duckd0nald
I got an offer from King's two days ago. What subject are you doing? Perhaps the offer time depends on the subject you chose.

I'm applying for English, wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Based on last year, Sent mine off first week of September, had all 5 offers by middle of October. When you send it has a big effect, get in before the rush
Reply 143
Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all
Original post by afern
Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all

I know people who have offers from Cardiff + Warwick for History.
Original post by Ryanx623
Based on last year, Sent mine off first week of September, had all 5 offers by middle of October. When you send it has a big effect, get in before the rush

I sent mine off in mid-end of September, haven't heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still the Start of the rush though...
Got an offer from Sheffield a few days ago and sent off my UCAS application just over 2 weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. What have you applied for?
Original post by connieiscrazy
Same here. What have you applied for?

Maths and Computer Science/Computer Science/Data Science

You applied for Law, right? That department normally takes bloody ages to get back to applicants.

Looking back at the Law stalking pages, offers seemed to have rolled in around mid-November to early December for those who applied early.
Original post by ombtom
I got an offer from Surrey yesterday (Physics). :smile:

When did you send yours?
I've applied to surrey too :smile:
Maths and Computer Science/Computer Science/Data Science

You applied for Law, right? That department normally takes bloody ages to get back to applicants.

Looking back at the Law stalking pages, offers seemed to have rolled in around mid-November to early December for those who applied early.

If I was more science-y, I'd probably have applied for Computer Science, it looks and sounds so interesting. Yeah, it looks like I'm in for a long wait with Law. I looked at the stalking page too and Newcastle sometimes gave offers at the end of October for early applicants, but I'm not getting my hopes up as I know it varies from year to year
Original post by connieiscrazy
If I was more science-y, I'd probably have applied for Computer Science, it looks and sounds so interesting. Yeah, it looks like I'm in for a long wait with Law. I looked at the stalking page too and Newcastle sometimes gave offers at the end of October for early applicants, but I'm not getting my hopes up as I know it varies from year to year

Haha, it's quite fascinating yeah! I went for the mix with Maths/Data Science this year because of how much doing extra maths helps for the areas I'm interested in: AI, Cryptography, Computational Finance etc. I prefer the more interdisciplinary areas, I just find it more interesting to debate the effects of AI or even how we should model markets rather than learning about standard compiler/programming language design.

Oh right, hopefully you hear from them pronto! The wait will be worth it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by afern

I have got offers from uea and loughborugh
Original post by chichi98
Manchester are also crazy quick- took them just over 24 hours to offer me a place!

Incredible! :eek: which subject did you get an offer for? And will it potentially be either your firm or insurance choice? :h:

Original post by TheTechN1304
Got an offer from Sheffield a few days ago and sent off my UCAS application just over 2 weeks ago

Well done! :h: Which subject are you interested in studying?
I've only received acknowledgement emails from Swansea and Cardiff (with my SIMS login) and it's been 2 days! :eek: my jaw literally drops when I see some of you getting offers in the same day; you must truly be ruffling the admissions tutors' feathers! :wink:
Sent my application of this morning, this thread is giving me hope for quick offers :h:
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Sent my application of this morning, this thread is giving me hope for quick offers :h:

Which unis/course have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Which unis/course have you applied to? :smile:

I have two applications for Liverpool University (Tropical Disease and Biology deferred choice), LJMU (biology), Bristol (Virology and Immuology) and Leicester (Medical Microbiology). I'm so nervous!
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
I have two applications for Liverpool University (Tropical Disease and Biology deferred choice), LJMU (biology), Bristol (Virology and Immuology) and Leicester (Medical Microbiology). I'm so nervous!

They sound interesting :smile: I'm sure you'll get one soon enough, I know how you feel, the wait is agonising! Do you know which ones will be your firm/insurance?

Latest