The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
[QUOTE=Anonymous;60085433]I'm currently in a relationship but if I was single I know that I could have sex with different guys as often as I want to. I personally never wanted to and don't see much accomplishment in this as I find casual sex to be empty for me personally. But I see a lot of slut-shaming on here and I wondered if some of these guys are just sexually frustrated and taking it out on women that actually can get laid. The thing is if these guys got even a fraction of the opportunities man women get they would gulp it right up and be over the moon.

What do you think?
So, I think that by and large both men and women are looking for sex with someone they find attractive and can have mutually rewarding enthusiastic loving fun with. The fact that guys in the heat of the moment are probably a bit more indescriminate doesn't take away from this.
Original post by cole-slaw
harassing attractive girls,

On a different thread you slate the OP for thinking of certain girls as attractive/unattractive, it can't be done you say, as "beauty is entirely subjective"... and then here you do exactly that. My grandmother is less confused. Not even a joke.

As for the OP on this thread, yes it's definitely something to envy, they have the sexual power, though it appears most girls don't want to eat that particular cake, despite having it.
But the losers desperately playing the numbers game in clubs don't end up getting laid anyway because they're so repulsive.

If women want a guy that isn't a complete loser, they DO have to put the work in.

The problem in dating is all these repulsive low life guys with illusions of grandeur harassing attractive girls, not getting anywhere (obviously) and then complaining about how hard it is to get laid.

For an average looking guy, its actually no harder than for an average looking girl.

Well I don't necessarily see someone as a 'loser' just for approaching many women, even if they're out of his 'league' (something I don't believe in personally). It's perfectly fine to approach someone politely. It's when these guys/girls can't take 'no' for an answer that I find quite aggravating and downright rude tbh.

I would agree that complaining about it is irritating aswell.
Reply 83
if a woman is really immature she can get take advantage of. Smarter women though see sex as part of a relationship so might have sex just as often but with the right bloke.
Original post by CoolCavy
i can't even type it because it is so gross but i will give you the other letter, 'R' :s-smilie:

OMG, you are so innocent. Do you fancy meeting up for a drink and talking about (what's your avatar?) guinea pigs?

:colone:
Original post by chocolate hottie
OMG, you are so innocent. Do you fancy meeting up for a drink and talking about (what's your avatar?) guinea pigs?

:colone:

erm..i'm flattered but i don't drink alcohol :colondollar: but i will happily talk about guinea pigs all day long :h:
erm..i'm flattered but i don't drink alcohol :colondollar: but i will happily talk about guinea pigs all day long :h:

I was just kidding. You are too sweet. :smile:

Here's a tip though, Steer clear of men of men who want to discuss your furry pets. There will be only ONE furry pet on their mind really.

EVER. :biggrin:
Original post by chocolate hottie
I was just kidding. You are too sweet. :smile:

Here's a tip though, Steer clear of men of men who want to discuss your furry pets. There will be only ONE furry pet on their mind really.

EVER. :biggrin:

too sweet? like when you put too many sweetners in your tea? :redface:

and that is....? :colondollar:

Nothing to do with sugar. The Americans say cute but it means much the same...
Reply 89
this is my first ever forum :h: and i don't go on any weird sites that would use any weird s***** terms

I can send you some links if you want. It will teach you a few things.
There's no point in being the campus bike that everyone gets to ride.
Original post by DanB1991
Most of them have sex after starting the relationships. While many relationships do start on failed on night stands (failed as it grows into something) or someone actually meets someone they like on a night out, generally those fall apart. Thus the reputation it's quite a bad idea to start a relationship with someone you met on a night out.

By comparison I've found that mostly, with couples I've met had, that they have had sex after their relationship started (whether it was offical or not is a moot point).

I would say in around 3/4's of my relationships, we had sex after they started.

****, I better break the news to the dozens and dozens and couples whose weddings I've attended over the past few years that their relationships are destined to fail :-(
Original post by Hopple
Why are you discounting people who want to have sex as an equivalent of those who don't? And why those of below average attractiveness also?

I would exclude those who aren't after sex because something can only be difficult (or not) if you're actually trying to do it.

you misunderstood me. They do want sex, they just know they can't get it so don't put themselves through the unpleasant experience of trying and failing.

I don't have to jump off a building to know that it is difficult to fly.
Original post by dreamlover
On a different thread you slate the OP for thinking of certain girls as attractive/unattractive, it can't be done you say, as "beauty is entirely subjective"... and then here you do exactly that. My grandmother is less confused. Not even a joke.

As for the OP on this thread, yes it's definitely something to envy, they have the sexual power, though it appears most girls don't want to eat that particular cake, despite having it.

No, I criticised OP in that thread for judging women as being attractive or unattractive without even speaking to them.

Just because attraction is subjective does not mean that some girls are not more attractive in general than others.
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
There's no point in being the campus bike that everyone gets to ride.

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed it.
Original post by 41b
No, just like I don't get jealous that homeless people can urinate wherever they like. When you have no self-respect, you have unlimited freedom.

That was a pretty good example but I wouldn't say homeless people have no self respect...
****, I better break the news to the dozens and dozens and couples whose weddings I've attended over the past few years that their relationships are destined to fail :-(

And from the dozen or so weddings I've been to, and the few hundred long term couples I know in their late 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, I can count the amount who met clubbing on one hand.
Original post by DanB1991
And from the dozen or so weddings I've been to, and the few hundred long term couples I know in their late 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, I can count the amount who met clubbing on one hand.

Maybe you have nerdy, atypical, friends. Don't be embarrassed.
Maybe you have nerdy, atypical, friends. Don't be embarrassed.

Right..... because my hobbies stop me from being a social person?

I still enjoy and play sports, go out most friday nights when I'm not working and despite living in the middle of nowhere I still get to see my mates 3-4 times a week. I actually know a large diverse groups of people, going from nerds, atypical nerds like myself, sport jocks, hipsters and your everyday kind of people.

In my experience the people who go in relationships with people they met clubbing or on nights out (pub doesn't really count), usually have short relationships or at best/worst a decent length one that they're completely miserable in.

I know only know one person who is about 32 now, who is in a serious long term relationship that has lasted around 10 years and married the girl, that he met on a night out.... even then that technically was a wedding!\

Maybe it's different from how it used to be, but really people aren't going out clubbing as much as they did about 10 years ago, which is seeing how people are getting slowly turned off from this binge drinking explosion that happened 10-20 years ago.
Reply 99

Their dog of course :smile:

Latest