The Student Room Group

How to practice for a-level practicals?

Does anybody know the best way to revise for the A-Level practical examinations? Either ISA's or EMPA's? If there is anyone on here reading this who got B or A or even A* on the practical units can you drop me hints? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
The biology EMPAs are common sense, if you know the biology work from the course and do a couple past papers you'll be fine. And you can't go wrong with carrying out the actual practical and writing down results unless you're stupid. Chemistry EMPA you actually need to learn and stuff. Our school gave us EMPA notes and stuff, plus there lots of stuff and resources online for that chem EMPA. Oh and the physics EMPA I was well and truly screwed😊
Original post by shortguy
The biology EMPAs are common sense, if you know the biology work from the course and do a couple past papers you'll be fine. And you can't go wrong with carrying out the actual practical and writing down results unless you're stupid. Chemistry EMPA you actually need to learn and stuff. Our school gave us EMPA notes and stuff, plus there lots of stuff and resources online for that chem EMPA. Oh and the physics EMPA I was well and truly screwed😊

Thanks I'm quite nervous for them because my GCSE practical results were always the weakest :/ Yeah, sod physics, I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore, three lines of best fit? No siree.
Reply 3
Do past papers over and over again, and know the topics your practical is on well enough.

The only hard thing about them are the how science works question, so try asking your teacher for some of these questions for a particular topic.
Original post by kkboyk
Do past papers over and over again, and know the topics your practical is on well enough.

The only hard thing about them are the how science works question, so try asking your teacher for some of these questions for a particular topic.

How far in advance do they tell you what the topic is on?
Reply 5
Well your teachers would tell you their prediction earlier on, and then they would tell you the ropics like 2-4weeks in advance (i can't remember)
Original post by kkboyk
Well your teachers would tell you their prediction earlier on, and then they would tell you the ropics like 2-4weeks in advance (i can't remember)

Reply 7
Btw, check out Alevelbiology.co.uk and Sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com

They really helped me :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk
Btw, check out Alevelbiology.co.uk and Sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com

They really helped me :tongue:

Thanks, noted :smile:
Reply 9
Do any one have CIE A-Level Topical Past Year Papers for chemistry p2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending