The Student Room Group

Who likes eating eggs here?

Scroll to see replies

HA! I don't like eggs :P
I personally have no qualms with eating meat and/or foods derived from animals. This is in stark contrast to something such as slavery. I guess I just don't place as much thought/emphasis on animal life as I do human.
It's disheartening but I'm pretty sure I'll have an egg soon. :rofl:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'll probably stop(or cut down on) eating eggs and less luxury stuff like meat n chicken when I go to university

Eggs are one of the cheapest foods. Thats what i was eatinf when i was on my £5 a week fitness diet lol.
They're definitely worth trying :smile: Tastier than an egg one I think- don't get the indigestion afterwards. I went veggie and 9 and vegan at 13, so about 4 years ago. You're lucky to have never eaten meat- my family all eat it so I ate it until I figured out what it was :frown:
Eggs are still a cheap source of protein and vital nutrients. Would you rather people be malnourished because they cannot afford more expensive alternatives?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Eggs are still a cheap source of protein and vital nutrients. Would you rather people be malnourished because they cannot afford more expensive alternatives?

Gram for gram, lentils are about three times cheaper than eggs, and are also a great source of protein, iron and fibre without any of the cholesterol that eggs have.
Not remotely true.

For every 100g of Sainsbury's horridly farmed eggs you get 14.1g of protein at the cost of £0.155.

For every 100g of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm you get 6.6g of protein at the cost of £0.401.

So to get the same amount of protein from tofu compared to that lousy quality Sainsbury's egg, you'll have to spend £0.857 - 5.52 times what you'd spend on those low-quality eggs.

I guess veganism is a rich person's cause.
And you can get cheaper eggs than those in Sainsbury from See Woo in London's Chinatown - your point being?
it has enlightened me and now i think egg is more good than before

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've honestly never really cared to think about it. What would be your thoughts on the matter?
İn all honesty, yes it does make me feel bad but alas I'll continue to eat eggs

Posted from TSR Mobile
I concur.
Call me a right-wing, fascist Nazi, but I think the answer is this: because humans are humans, a superior animal until our cockroach overlords take us as slaves after a nuclear holocaust.
Probably because as a fellow human I can personally feel more affected by the plights of humans over animals. The notion of of suffering to humans is something I place above that of animals. Animal cruelty for the sake of it is obviously wrong, but if this is the process required for foodstuffs such as egg, then in my eyes so be it.

If there was a better way of creating the food in question, so here eggs, that didn't require such a process, then I'd be all for it.
You don't need to go vegan for this. I have a friend who owns acres of land where hens and roosters are in a place what i would call a chicken heaven.

They are not locked in cage, they just roam around pecking what they want. Some of them have an army of chicks. Another bunch of them **** a doodle doos whenever they want and some of them even gets into a tussle.

Yes, some of them do meet their end, some of them do lose their eggs at night and some of them are sold. But nothing is as gruesome as what I saw in your video.
I do. They taste delicious in the morning. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Gram for gram, lentils are about three times cheaper than eggs, and are also a great source of protein, iron and fibre without any of the cholesterol that eggs have.

But cholesterol is tasty :frown:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Call me a right-wing, fascist Nazi, but I think the answer is this: because humans are humans, a superior animal until our cockroach overlords take us as slaves after a nuclear holocaust.

Why that is the rational social darwinists used, they thought black people and other non Caucasian people were a different race. If that were true, would genocide of these different races be legit? What if Neanderthals still existed? Would genocide of them be fine just because we have tanks and they have spears. Plus they are a different species of ape.

It's basically Planet of the Apes. We are the Apes that inherited the earth and there are many species that could or indeed did (Neanderthals for example) that fit the place humans held in that film...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrDystopia

If there was a better way of creating the food in question, so here eggs, that didn't require such a process, then I'd be all for it.

There is. It might make it more expansive. We might have to eat less animal products. But it is doable. It may even be desirable and necessary on an environmental front.

it isn't an either or binary decision between eating meat and going vegan. It's a continuous spectrum.

I am rather flexible in my beliefs and have no qualms with acknowledging the effects my actions have on the world. Plus even if I don;t agree with a position on something there is often at least some sense behind it I agree with.

No doubt I;m still and evil human in your eyes though.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending