The Student Room Group

2 guys have a crush on me and are blocking me from my crush. What should I do?

So to cut a long story short, in my group of friends there are 2 guys that have a crush on me - but I have a crush on someone else in our friendship group (I think he may like me back but I can't be sure he is quite shy).

So the first guy that has a crush on me is constantly latching onto me within the group and whilst I like him as a friend it is exhausting speaking to him all evening, every evening. He recently asked me out and I politely refused but he is still clinging on. The second guy that likes me is awkwardly best buddies with my crush. He's always asking me to come over and sit next to him and following me around and staring at me but less so than the first guy.

I never get the chance to be alone with my crush and have a good conversation with him. With him being shy as well I really need the opportunity to be alone with him. But the other 2 guys are constantly buzzing around us!

Any suggestions as to what I can do? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Ask him out. Problem solved.
Reply 2
Original post by CheetahCurtis
This.
just be straight to him, and tell him your feelings
Be ruthless! Crush all who stand in your way!
Original post by Anonymous
So to cut a long story short, in my group of friends there are 2 guys that have a crush on me - but I have a crush on someone else in our friendship group (I think he may like me back but I can't be sure he is quite shy).

So the first guy that has a crush on me is constantly latching onto me within the group and whilst I like him as a friend it is exhausting speaking to him all evening, every evening. He recently asked me out and I politely refused but he is still clinging on. The second guy that likes me is awkwardly best buddies with my crush. He's always asking me to come over and sit next to him and following me around and staring at me but less so than the first guy.

I never get the chance to be alone with my crush and have a good conversation with him. With him being shy as well I really need the opportunity to be alone with him. But the other 2 guys are constantly buzzing around us!

Any suggestions as to what I can do? Thanks :smile:

Invite your crush to go see a movie/get a coffee just you two?

If you have something like a club/class in common, invite him to hang out one-on-one on the pretext of doing homework, or some club activity.

I assume you have him on social media/phone number? If not get those.

Congrats on all the attention, must mean there is something universally appealing/likeable about you, but if these guys are always around and in your way, then get pro-active and arrange activities for you and your crush without them.

Best of luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys really like well experienced women, so get with those guys and the guy you like will become jealous, think you are a player and want you more.

Just kidding, that's disgusting, tell the guy you like obviously.
Reply 7
test drive all 3. you don't pick a car just by looking at it, do you
Reply 8
Confide in the blockers that you fancy the pants off your crush and ask for their help in winning him for yourself. Kills 3 birds with one stone, maybe..
Original post by Bupdeeboowah

Lol thats the way to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pbw

That's an extremely valid point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ravioliyears
That's an extremely valid point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But don't use the gear stick so easily.
But don't use the gear stick so easily.

Loooll of course not

Posted from TSR Mobile
my friend had a boy who had a crush on her follow her round all day -- I told him to leave her alone because she was getting real pissed with it. get one of your friends to say that, or if he keeps following you, tell him yourself, or he will just keep doing it. and if they keep messaging you, just mute the chat, that's what I do.
Original post by Dilpreet Singh
just be straight to him, and tell him your feelings

Original post by CheetahCurtis

I actually wouldn't mind asking him out I just don't get the opportunity as the other two are always around! Maybe I need to give the hint to the other 2 that I'm not interested more strongly and in that sense be ruthless. I'm so sick of them never leaving me alone.
Original post by Zarek
Confide in the blockers that you fancy the pants off your crush and ask for their help in winning him for yourself. Kills 3 birds with one stone, maybe..

You know I thought about that... But I'm scared that they will try and sabotage things so I'm trying to avoid using 3rd parties, especially them!
Original post by pbw

I really don't fancy the other 2. The one that I like is very sweet and on the quiet side which is just my type. The other 2 are very strong personalities and I don't find them physically attractive either.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Guys really like well experienced women, so get with those guys and the guy you like will become jealous, think you are a player and want you more.

Just kidding, that's disgusting, tell the guy you like obviously.

The funny thing is I'm slightly older and (at least I assume) more experienced than all of them. But yes I need to tell the one I like!
Original post by BerniHurton
my friend had a boy who had a crush on her follow her round all day -- I told him to leave her alone because she was getting real pissed with it. get one of your friends to say that, or if he keeps following you, tell him yourself, or he will just keep doing it. and if they keep messaging you, just mute the chat, that's what I do.

Hmm yeah maybe I need to tell someone else before it gets out of hand. I feel kind of bad though. I think I will just excuse myself to the bathroom each time they come and then go stand with someone else after or something. Hopefully they will get the hint.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Invite your crush to go see a movie/get a coffee just you two?

If you have something like a club/class in common, invite him to hang out one-on-one on the pretext of doing homework, or some club activity.

I assume you have him on social media/phone number? If not get those.

Congrats on all the attention, must mean there is something universally appealing/likeable about you, but if these guys are always around and in your way, then get pro-active and arrange activities for you and your crush without them.

Best of luck.

Thank you :h: Yeah we need some alone time! I have his number but should be seeing him tomorrow anyway as part of our group. So I will ask then.

I don't usually get this much attention from men it's very strange :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending