The Student Room Group

German woman evicted from home to make way for refugees

Scroll to see replies

Bornblue logic: "The Daily Mail falsely reports on stories and is not credible, unless Ashcroft writes a book about Cameron or they attack UKIP (which is everyday), other than that you should not believe a word from the Daily Mail"
Original post by Bornblue
Yet she's saving hundreds of thousands of lives and showing real compassion.
Some things are more important than money.

I'd welcome us to do the same.

The majority of refugees who are trying to get into Germany, England, Sweden, and so on, are not fleeing from a war, they're not running for their lives, they're economic migrants who were perfectly safe in their own country.

If all of these people are so desperate to be safe, and are genuinely coming from countries where their lives are at risk, then why aren't they all applying for asylum as soon as they get to Europe? Why aren't they getting to Hungary and seeking asylum there? Surely if you've just escaped a war torn nation you'd just be happy for refuge anywhere safe, wouldn't you?

Oh no wait, this is why they're not doing that:

I think we should take a large amount of refugees, but only those who are genuinely running for their lives.

Those who are trying to get into countries where they can do naff all but claim benefits, who are travelling this way simply for our money, the kind of animals who will riot if they don't get their way, who refuse to apply for asylum anywhere because they know they won't get it, who get into countries and refuse to follow the laws, who ruin the countries they get into. As far as I'm concerned those animals can **** off home.
I believe this is more to do with corruption than belittling a German. If a migrant/refugee takes over an apartment, the landlord is in a position to earn a higher rentals from the government. This is sort of a booming business in Italy's Sicilian.

Given the uproar, I'm sure the Government will help her to relocate.
Original post by mackemforever
The majority of refugees who are trying to get into Germany, England, Sweden, and so on, are not fleeing from a war, they're not running for their lives, they're economic migrants who were perfectly safe in their own country.

If all of these people are so desperate to be safe, and are genuinely coming from countries where their lives are at risk, then why aren't they all applying for asylum as soon as they get to Europe? Why aren't they getting to Hungary and seeking asylum there? Surely if you've just escaped a war torn nation you'd just be happy for refuge anywhere safe, wouldn't you?

Oh no wait, this is why they're not doing that:

I think we should take a large amount of refugees, but only those who are genuinely running for their lives.

Those who are trying to get into countries where they can do naff all but claim benefits, who are travelling this way simply for our money, the kind of animals who will riot if they don't get their way, who refuse to apply for asylum anywhere because they know they won't get it, who get into countries and refuse to follow the laws, who ruin the countries they get into. As far as I'm concerned those animals can **** off home.

If the left can't see the real reason why the migrants are migrating to Western Europe, then God help them
Your views wouldn't be out of place in the BNP, quite frankly you're disgustingly xenophobic.
Cheers.

Since when did the BNP support more or less free movement with a billion people as I do.

I just don't see why immigration must equal diversity. I like not seeing women in Burka's and being in a white country.
The guardian is a reliable broadsheet newspaper
You made me queef.
Original post by Aj12
The women did an interview with a German paper that has been picked up by The Telegraph as well: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11891631/German-woman-threatened-with-eviction-to-make-way-for-refugees.html

The Daily Mail is a rag but at least read the article before dismissing it as rubbish.

I did read it - and I didn't dismiss the article, just having a healthy skepticism of sources and requesting confirmation with a second source. The Mail still has a shoddy track record of reliability so I'll not accept it until it's reported by another.
Your views wouldn't be out of place in the BNP, quite frankly you're disgustingly xenophobic.
Cheers.

#salty
Yet you do exactly the same with Owen Jones and the guardian.

Are you talking about the Owen Jones/Peter Hitchens interview I commented on another thread??

I enjoyed watching it, and quite like Owen as it happens, he went to my old college. He talks a lot of twaddle obviously, but means well.

The difference between us is that I read the Guardian because I am curious to see what the other side think. Then I make my mind up as to whether any of it has value or not, mostly it doesn't but sometimes it makes reasonable points.

You dismiss a story that appears in a paper you disagree with out of hand. Because it appears there THEREFORE it is worthless. And it isn't just you, all the bonkers left on this site do.
The guardian is a reliable broadsheet newspaper - the daily mail is a comic book.
Ask any academic which they feel is more reliable as a source.
Grow up.

Kind of like how they manipulated chruchills quotes to make it sound like hevwanted to exterminate the kurds? Or when they falsely reported that ghadafi perfomed an airstrike on a group of innocent protesters?
Original post by Aj12
The women did an interview with a German paper that has been picked up by The Telegraph as well: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11891631/German-woman-threatened-with-eviction-to-make-way-for-refugees.html

The Daily Mail is a rag but at least read the article before dismissing it as rubbish.

Lol because the telegraph is much more reliable.

Yes the story is true but it's not surprising to find the articles omit certain facts
Original post by Rakas21
Its disgusting that Germany, Italy and Greece don't care about the ethno-cultural makeup of their country.

If these places want a million immigrants then open the border with North America but keep this third world horde out, we don't want them.

Some people care more about being a decent human being and helping other desperate people than satisfying their childish, racist and xenophobic prejudices.
Original post by Plagioclase
Some people care more about being a decent human being and helping other desperate people than satisfying their childish, racist and xenophobic prejudices.

Now I understand why some people view it as racist not to want a 'diverse' country but I'd love to know how a post suggesting we open the border to 400 million North Americans can be deemed xenophobic. I'll ignore the childish assertion for now in the hope that you got your mod position without attempting to insult people who disagree with you.
Original post by Rakas21
Now I understand why some people view it as racist not to want a 'diverse' country but I'd love to know how a post suggesting we open the border to 400 million North Americans can be deemed xenophobic. I'll ignore the childish assertion for now in the hope that you got your mod position without attempting to insult people who disagree with you.

I'm not commenting on your comment about opening the door to North America (which shows that you've completely missed the point of why these countries are allowing refugees in, people aren't letting refugees in because they desperately want immigration, they're letting them in because they're in desperate need of help, and we're in an economic and social position to be able to help them).

I'm sorry if I'm showing emotion but people who have attitudes like yourself make me so angry. You are unable to comprehend the kind of horrors these people are escaping - our problems fade in comparison - yet you are completely unwilling to accept social responsibility for your fellow human beings and would rather have them continue living in misery than alter your perfect little white British population. I do not understand why it makes you so upset if we have people of a different ethnicity in this country but whatever the reason, surely you realise that basic human welfare is more important? That's an incredibly selfish view to have, I am sorry if you think I am being offensive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Its disgusting that Germany, Italy and Greece don't care about the ethno-cultural makeup of their country.

If these places want a million immigrants then open the border with North America but keep this third world horde out, we don't want them.

You talk as if ethnicity means anything at all - it really doesn't matter what race someone is...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plagioclase

I'm sorry if I'm showing emotion but people who have attitudes like yourself make me so angry. You are unable to comprehend the kind of horrors these people are escaping - our problems fade in comparison - yet you are completely unwilling to accept social responsibility for your fellow human beings and would rather have them continue living in misery than alter your perfect little white British population. I do not understand why it makes you so upset if we have people of a different ethnicity in this country but whatever the reason, surely you realise that basic human welfare is more important? That's an incredibly selfish view to have, I am sorry if you think I am being offensive.

Of course I don't accept responsibility for those in the countries these migrants are coming from. Their choices were not our fault.

With that being said though I will shock you by saying that I actually agree that all humans have a right not to starve or be killed.. That does not mean however that I believe they have a right to turn up at the global equivalent of a 4 star hotel. Turkey has already said its willing to take them and is perfectly safe, so is India and Indonesia ECT...
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
You talk as if ethnicity means anything at all - it really doesn't matter what race someone is...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biologically I agree but different groups congregate and hold different values. Until our species gets past its national, ethnic and cultural division, I'd rather have those that I deem 'one of us'.
Original post by Rakas21
Biologically I agree but different groups congregate and hold different values. Until our species gets past its national, ethnic and cultural division, I'd rather have those that I deem 'one of us'.

That assumes there's no real integration occurring - having lived in Bradford (by your own suggestion in previous threads, one of the worst cities for this) for four years, I'm incredibly dubious of such suggestions. Comparing it to my home town (suburban Leicestershire, almost entirely white British in my area) the only real difference is the nightlife in Bradford is dead, and that's far more because Leeds is so close (Leicester has much the same problem with regards to live music and events due to its proximity to Nottingham and Birmingham).

You're massively overstating the cultural differences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia...
Original post by Rakas21
Of course I don't accept responsibility for those in the countries these migrants are coming from. Their choices were not our fault.

If you saw someone fall down and seriously injure themselves when you're out, would you also ignore them because it's "not your fault"? Just because we're not directly responsible for the war they're fleeing from doesn't mean that we don't have a moral responsibility as human beings to care for other fellow humans who are in need, since we'd expect the same if we were unfortunate enough to be in their position.
Original post by Rakas21
With that being said though I will shock you by saying that I actually agree that all humans have a right not to starve or be killed.. That does not mean however that I believe they have a right to turn up at the global equivalent of a 4 star hotel. Turkey has already said its willing to take them and is perfectly safe, so is India and Indonesia ECT...

You're doing the equivalent of an angry toddler screaming "It's not my problem! It's not my problem!". Turkey already has well over a million refugees, they've done a done already - and they're a lot poorer than us. We have resources to do much more to help and we should be proud to help. You're just saying "let someone else deal with it" - just like walking past someone seriously injured in the street because "someone else will deal with it".

Quick Reply