The Student Room Group

Social failure, can't get a boyfriend, nearly 19

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm at uni and I don't think the problem is my looks as people have said I'm good looking .
Often when I meet guys the conversations flow well but then I find it impossible to build a relationship with them.

I don't know what to do as I'm getting so lonely and depressed, it's like there's a barrier between me and relationships.

I just want the experience and it's getting so frustrating
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm at uni and I don't think the problem is my looks as people have said I'm good looking .
Often when I meet guys the conversations flow well but then I find it impossible to build a relationship with them.

I don't know what to do as I'm getting so lonely and depressed, it's like there's a barrier between me and relationships.

I just want the experience and it's getting so frustrating

You're 19, don't worry about it.
PM yours truly and this predicament shall cease to exist
Seriously, don't worry about it. Besides, not everyone is looking for a relationship. I don't know anyone at uni who is with someone they've met here - the only ones in relationships seem to be those who were in them before getting here.

So, armed with that knowledge, it's clear none of them are right for you. Why force the notion of a "good relationship" onto a real life situation that won't support it? In other words, stop worrying about it and get on and make your own life worthwhile for you.
90% of communication is non-verbal...

this may help you ?

[video="youtube;HAA3_Rmu_6A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAA3_Rmu_6A[/video]
So, armed with that knowledge, it's clear none of them are right for you. Why force the notion of a "good relationship" onto a real life situation that won't support it? In other words, stop worrying about it and get on and make your own life worthwhile for you.

In other words, I'm the only saving grace in her virtual vicinity that can free her from the shackles of loneliness and frustration. :yum:

Original post by the bear
90% of communication is non-verbal...this may help you ?[video="youtube;HAA3_Rmu_6A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAA3_Rmu_6A[/video]
Why would you watch this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiceTheSlice
In other words, I'm the only saving grace in her virtual vicinity that can free her from the shackles of loneliness and frustration. :yum:

Not what I meant in the slightest, but if you want to think that, it's up to you!

Why would you watch this?

I rolled my eyes as soon as I read the description. I dunno, maybe I could learn something, but this point made me laugh.

"The body language signals women should look out for to tell if a guy is interested in her"

All most women need to look for to establish if most men has any interest in her is simply the presence of a pulse. Admittedly it does get more complex than that in terms of really serious interest, but these kind of guides are just so bleuch, imo. Society has survived and thrived long enough without these so-called experts jumping in to enlighten us with their "expertise", so why do we need them now? I think they just make the whole process more complicated than it already is. (But then, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so maybe this is just a meaningless rant.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending