The Student Room Group

24 year old celebrity, 16 year old girl ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefithliar
So. I'm the type of girl who looks older than my age, I'm 16 nearly 17 but can pass for 18/19 ( I don't try before anyone makes a comment on that) and my dm's on Instagram are typically a giant sausage fest. Recently I put my snapchat in my bio as I don't have that many friends and just wanted to make more. I'd decided to check my DM's and I'd saw I had a few dm's from people I hadn't really expected on there. Two very high profile celebrity males, one Disney/Nickelodeon actor and a "instgram famous" high fashion model. I opened and responded to them and they all seemed like pretty nice people so I added them on snapchst and they added me back. I am now good friends with 3 of them but one of them in particular is a very famous 24 year old who I was shocked to have made a connection with. We both spoke everyday despite the time difference of them living in the US and it went on for a few months before we both realised we had a connection. First off, they didn't realise I was 16 until they asked when we started talking. They were put off by this but were happy to be friends and talk like normal until feelings developed and this all changed. Now things have progressed they're planning to fly over to the UK to meet me and just spend some time together until I eventually fly over to him next year. They have stated many times that they want to start a relationship but I don't know whether that would cause problems for them in the future.

I am very mature ( as mature as a 16 year old can be ), I'm very intelligent and have been tested for that and have always been a lot more mature than most people my age. I understand how this can be conceived as wrong or for me to be an "easy lay" but if you think about it, this person could risk their whole career if it came out that we were in a relationship as I'm so young.

Really, I'm just asking for everyone's opinions on this topic. Ask me questions if you want more info :smile:
Did you know that every girl your age thinks they're very mature.

None actually are.
Firstly, 16 and 24 is a bigggg difference. Secondly, intentions may have been made from the outset. I can't judge the dodgyness of that as dependent on context (Instagram photos etc.). But considering people tend to look +/-2 years and would probably be a push to say you look 18.
Original post by Tootles
Did you know that every girl your age thinks they're very mature.

None actually are.

I know most girls think they're mature but I know I definitely am. Judging by the fact the majority of my friends are 5+ years older than me, I'm not interested in smoking,drinking or partying like most girls my age and don't have unrealistic expectations of "relationship goals" it's hard to judge how mature I am when the general belief is that you always think you're more mature than you actually are.
Original post by hellodave5
Firstly, 16 and 24 is a bigggg difference. Secondly, intentions may have been made from the outset. I can't judge the dodgyness of that as dependent on context (Instagram photos etc.). But considering people tend to look +/-2 years and would probably be a push to say you look 18.

I usually get 18-21 when people guess my age, I looked around 18 when I was 14, so it's a guess that I probably look a lot older than I am now. I don't dress older or act older, it's just I don't look my age.

I don't know what his intentions were when he first messaged me as he had assumed that I was older than I am, so it is fair to say he probably was looking for sex at the time. Personally I do think things have changed as he doesn't bring up anything sexual as he's already mentioned and we have both discussed that it would be better if we waited till I was older but he would still be happy to be in a relationship with me now.

It does sound pretty dodgy as he messaged me off of his Instagram but it actually happens a lot more than you'd think. I have been hit on by celebrities at concerts & festivals who they all seem to believe I'm older than I am. If I hadn't FaceTimed and spoken to him I wouldn't have believed it was him and thought I was being catfished but I know for definite that it is him and his intentions do actually seem sincere.

I'm not trying to sound big headed or vain at all, not even in the slightest but I am a very pretty girl and when you're a pretty girl you do get attention, from everyday people and celebrities. It just happens. That sounds so conceited but it's true, I'm not going to say that I'm ugly when I obviously can't be if I get the attention I do get.

When you say context (Instagram photos) do you mean the impression he would have gotten from my photos ? If that's what you meant, then he wouldn't really have gotten any signals saying "easy" as my photos on my Instagram are fully clothed,no cleavage photos of me and my friends,myself and family.
Reply 65
Even if you're not trolling and he is serious about a relationship; you should hold your horses. He could get in lots of trouble, and you'd be getting harassed by the paparazzi (assuming he's a well known celeb). Then there's the fact that he's in his mid-twenties and you're still, by definition, a child. It's very dodgy.
I usually get 18-21 when people guess my age, I looked around 18 when I was 14, so it's a guess that I probably look a lot older than I am now. I don't dress older or act older, it's just I don't look my age.

I don't know what his intentions were when he first messaged me as he had assumed that I was older than I am, so it is fair to say he probably was looking for sex at the time. Personally I do think things have changed as he doesn't bring up anything sexual as he's already mentioned and we have both discussed that it would be better if we waited till I was older but he would still be happy to be in a relationship with me now.

It does sound pretty dodgy as he messaged me off of his Instagram but it actually happens a lot more than you'd think. I have been hit on by celebrities at concerts & festivals who they all seem to believe I'm older than I am. If I hadn't FaceTimed and spoken to him I wouldn't have believed it was him and thought I was being catfished but I know for definite that it is him and his intentions do actually seem sincere.

I'm not trying to sound big headed or vain at all, not even in the slightest but I am a very pretty girl and when you're a pretty girl you do get attention, from everyday people and celebrities. It just happens. That sounds so conceited but it's true, I'm not going to say that I'm ugly when I obviously can't be if I get the attention I do get.

When you say context (Instagram photos) do you mean the impression he would have gotten from my photos ? If that's what you meant, then he wouldn't really have gotten any signals saying "easy" as my photos on my Instagram are fully clothed,no cleavage photos of me and my friends,myself and family.

You sound fairly objective, so fair play there. But just remember regardless of how intelligent one is at a young age, you are still young and therefore relatively naive to many situations which you haven't encountered and so may be seen as 'easy' in the way of being taken advantage of.

You mention that your pictures are not revealing - but sort of brings into question the points mentioned previously, in that from photos with friends and usually with family it makes it much easier to tell someones age (age of friends; place in family)... and makes me question 'why?' (would they get his attention, or choose to approach you rather than say someone close, someone looking older, or someone that is 'easier' looking).

Though age is just a number when you're older... 16-24 is a really big difference. 50% + your age?
keep us updated on how it goes please! Good luck
Original post by Andy98
Even if you're not trolling and he is serious about a relationship; you should hold your horses. He could get in lots of trouble, and you'd be getting harassed by the paparazzi (assuming he's a well known celeb). Then there's the fact that he's in his mid-twenties and you're still, by definition, a child. It's very dodgy.

Definitely not trolling, it would seem like I am but I'm not. I didn't know where to ask this question and saw an email for this site and thought this might be a good place.
Reply 69
Definitely not trolling, it would seem like I am but I'm not. I didn't know where to ask this question and saw an email for this site and thought this might be a good place.

So you say; however, in my experience trolls say it too.
You sound fairly objective, so fair play there. But just remember regardless of how intelligent one is at a young age, you are still young and therefore relatively naive to many situations which you haven't encountered and so may be seen as 'easy' in the way of being taken advantage of.

You mention that your pictures are not revealing - but sort of brings into question the points mentioned previously, in that from photos with friends and usually with family it makes it much easier to tell someones age (age of friends; place in family)... and makes me question 'why?' (would they get his attention, or choose to approach you rather than say someone close, someone looking older, or someone that is 'easier' looking).

Though age is just a number when you're older... 16-24 is a really big difference. 50% + your age?

When I mean pictures of my family I mean pictures of me with my cousin at a festival who is in her 20's who could be mistaken for a friend, I don't have any siblings nor any photos on my page which you would actually be able to identify someone is a family member (all pictures of relatives who are a similar age to me or older) so it's not the case they would be able to gauge how old I am by those pictures as I still look a lot older in all of my pictures anyway. The reason he had for why he'd messages me was because he'd said I was his "dream girl" and hadn't seen a girl who looked like me before and I was exactly his type. So my guess is that he saw the pictures of me on my profile (he said he saw them on his discover page, you know on Instagram when you go to search and see a load of random pictures that you may be interested in based on what you like and follow) and liked how I looked, so messaged me. That is normally how other people have seen pictures of me, or have seen them on a "beauty goals" page and dm'd me from there.

Generally that is where the majority of my dm's come from. What you're saying with the age thing and why he went for me over someone his own age is probably to do with my looks as well, you don't really seem to find a lot of girls who look like me (very light green eyes, tanned, long dark curly hair,Black Native American,Colombian) so it's sort of the "exotic" look that would stand out in a lot of photos.

I genuinely do know about the age gap and I'm not being naive and hoping it won't be a big deal as I know it is, especially after the whole Kylie Jenner/Tyga drama and they have the same age gap. I do have a lot to learn in life but me and him do share a connection I think is truly hard to find. I may be mature but I still haven't lived the experiences someone older has.
Original post by Andy98
So you say; however, in my experience trolls say it too.

Very true, you can choose to believe me or not to believe me. I knew people wouldn't believe me when I posted this but I wanted advice on the topic and I've received more advice than negativity, so I'm happy for that
Original post by Andy98

I'm definitely not interested in being in the public eye 24/7 as I can see through him how annoying and damaging it can be. I'm happy for it to be private right now and for long as it can possibly be. He is VERY well known, so just being seen with him could cause a giant **** storm and probably damage his career so it's best for us to not be together publicly at this age.
Reply 73
Very true, you can choose to believe me or not to believe me. I knew people wouldn't believe me when I posted this but I wanted advice on the topic and I've received more advice than negativity, so I'm happy for that

I look upon most such situations skeptically, but always leave a nugget of advice.

I'm definitely not interested in being in the public eye 24/7 as I can see through him how annoying and damaging it can be. I'm happy for it to be private right now and for long as it can possibly be. He is VERY well known, so just being seen with him could cause a giant **** storm and probably damage his career so it's best for us to not be together publicly at this age.

I probably wouldn't know who he is regardless :tongue:

But yeah, point is: too soon
Can we have a clue? Tyler Posey?
Although in no way do I believe what your saying, sorry but it sounds very shifty.
Original post by _Charlotte15
Although in no way do I believe what your saying, sorry but it sounds very shifty.

You don't have to believe me, although I am telling the truth. I wouldn't believe the story if it wasn't happening to me.

Definitely not him ? Whoever he is, sorry. I have no clue who Tyler Posey is aha, is that the one who's on the same show or friends with Dylan Obrien though ? I'm guessing vampire diaries or teen wolf
You don't have to believe me, although I am telling the truth. I wouldn't believe the story if it wasn't happening to me.

Definitely not him ? Whoever he is, sorry. I have no clue who Tyler Posey is aha, is that the one who's on the same show or friends with Dylan Obrien though ? I'm guessing vampire diaries or teen wolf

Yeah it is, can we not have a clue then? Or his Instagram name ?

Btw if you were trying to find celebs who are 24 it would be a waste of time. The age I used isn't his exact age, it +/- a few years. Thought if I put his actual age it would make it too easy to guess.
Yeah it is, can we not have a clue then? Or his Instagram name ?

No clues,names or instagrams. Anything that could link to him being found out would jeopardise his whole career and everything he's worked for, I'm not going to do that just to brag online about it. I just wanted input from people and advice to see how other people feel on the topic.
It's justin bieber

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending