The Student Room Group

Help with a couple of good phrases in French re. TV programmes?

Heeeeelllllllllppppp!!!! I need help with a couple of things please:-

1) I need a couple of high calibre sentences about my TV viewing habits for a French written exam (written piece).

I was thinking of something along the lines of:- J'aime surtout la television car ca peut etre assez amusant. Je prefere les emissions de sport et les comedies parce qu qu'ils sont tres rigolo.

BUT quite frankly don't think this is going to WOW the examiner - so help on improvement would be good or something else inspirational even better!

2) I need to write about the advantages and disadvantages of visiting the cinema. Only a couple of lines. I've written quite a chunk about a specific film which is probably okay but now apparently need a couple of killer lines about the best and worst things about going to the cinema by tomorrow.

Can any lovely person provide a bit of inspiration please? Something to amaze the examiner! (This is a written piece by the way, so my grammar needs to be spot on hence me posting this thread :-)
1) Bien que + subj would probably look really good just make sure you get it right:

Bien qu'il y ait beaucoup d'emissions que j'aime, je dirais que je préfère les comédies parce qu'elles sont vraiment rigolotes etc.

(although there are lots of shows that i like, i would say that i prefer comedies because they're really funny etc.)

2) This is a part of one of my igcse speaking questions about whether i prefer watching films at home or at the cinema:

Quoique ça puisse être passionnant quand on va au cinéma, c’est beaucoup plus cher. De nos jours, chaque entrée au cinéma coûte la même que les DVDs, cependant, si on achetait un DVD, on pourrait le regarder autant qu’on voudrait. Aussi, à la maison on peut manger des bons bons sans déranger les autres.
Original post by hoafanuk
1) Bien que + subj would probably look really good just make sure you get it right:

Bien qu'il y ait beaucoup d'emissions que j'aime, je dirais que je préfère les comédies parce qu'elles sont vraiment rigolotes etc.

(although there are lots of shows that i like, i would say that i prefer comedies because they're really funny etc.)

2) This is a part of one of my igcse speaking questions about whether i prefer watching films at home or at the cinema:

Quoique ça puisse être passionnant quand on va au cinéma, c’est beaucoup plus cher. De nos jours, chaque entrée au cinéma coûte la même que les DVDs, cependant, si on achetait un DVD, on pourrait le regarder autant qu’on voudrait. Aussi, à la maison on peut manger des bons bons sans déranger les autres.

Great, thanks so much!
No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending