The Student Room Group

How Autistic are YOU?

Scroll to see replies

I got 46, what do i win?

I've never met anyone i can relate to, literally 29 with no social activity whatsoever. On happy days i do some maths, and on sad days i just hibernate. The loneliness is real.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I already self-diagnosed my autism and PTSD and anyone saying that that's not valid is classist and ableist scum.

You do realise that this isn't Tumblr right... :wink:
Original post by pineneedles
I scored 40. Do you think getting a high score on this test would be a reasonable incentive to talk to someone about this?

If you want to, then yes, I think so. I scored high on these types of quizzes. That led me to reading up about Autism, and I recognised a lot about myself in the descriptions of the traits. Eventually I spoke about it with my GP, and had a long follow-up talk about it. She referred me for an assessment and I was indeed diagnosed with high-functioning ASD.

Of course, it is good to keep in mind that this is just an online test with a few questions, that takes a couple of minutes to fill out. So it doesn't necessarily mean anything. It can just be a starting point to look into things. :smile:
Reply 43

Original post by Flying Lotus
I found the quiz to be highly repetitive.

Same
(edited 8 years ago)
30 :laugh:
I scored 29 which is only just in the not autistic part.... I don't believe I am autistic at all so agree with my results however I think the reason for my score being high is because a lot of the points are relevant to people with anxiety difficulties.
Original post by Kittiara
If you want to, then yes, I think so. I scored high on these types of quizzes. That led me to reading up about Autism, and I recognised a lot about myself in the descriptions of the traits. Eventually I spoke about it with my GP, and had a long follow-up talk about it. She referred me for an assessment and I was indeed diagnosed with high-functioning ASD.

Of course, it is good to keep in mind that this is just an online test with a few questions, that takes a couple of minutes to fill out. So it doesn't necessarily mean anything. It can just be a starting point to look into things. :smile:

Thanks, I may consider it if I feel like the difficulties I have would be better managed if people at sixth form, for example, understood that I have a problem if it turns out I do. Otherwise there's not much point because I'm content with how I am.
Reply 48
33 but I'm diagnosed with ASD so:erm:
That test is real bad though because not all ASD is the same and that is just prolonging stereotypes.
Original post by Aph
33 but I'm diagnosed with ASD so:erm:
That test is real bad though because not all ASD is the same and that is just prolonging stereotypes.

I was thinking that, for example I know of multiple autistic people in each box for the reading fiction question.
23 No autism..phew..
37. Had ASD diagnosis about 15 years ago.
27. I was diagnosed with the ""characteristics" when I was younger and I definitely have some of the symptoms cyrrently.
If you're really wanting to see, look at the Baron Cohen Eyes in Mind test
Reply 56
I have been tested for autism and Asperger, and have neither (have obsessive compulsive personality disorder instead). I scored 28.
I got 25
Got 11
I got 17, in a way I think I scored more as some of the questions bordered on anxiety more.

Quick Reply

Latest