The Student Room Group

This boy said he wants to go out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessZara
This boy said he wants to go out with me. I said ill think about it and I don't know what to tell him tomorrow :/
I don't want to go out and I don't want to say no cause it's going to sound really mean and I need a nicer way to say no :s-smilie: :/ any ideas ?

The most popular cop-out for women is "I have a boyfriend".

Seems the most effective in discouraging continued attention.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by 0lut0
Tell him your Muslim.

Her muslim what?
Reply 22
Original post by De Chirico
Shoot him down ruthlessly. If you're too nice about it he might still cling onto the hope that you will change your mind.

Lol'd at ruthlessly. I think this would work but it's not very nice is it?

Like someone else said, just say thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested.
say, I don't want to go out with you -- don't make up some bull excuse because you don't want to hurt his feelings, hes probs been rejected before, he can take it like a man.
Honest and direct is the best way. If you sheepishly say no or show any kind of doubt, then he might take that as 'no for now, but there's hope for the future'. Guys just aren't very good at taking hints.
This boy said he wants to go out with me. I said ill think about it and I don't know what to tell him tomorrow :/
I don't want to go out and I don't want to say no cause it's going to sound really mean and I need a nicer way to say no :s-smilie: :/ any ideas ?

just be honest. there is no nice way to say no but it is even worse when you get lied to about the reason why and we can tell when a reason is genuine and when it is fake. he may be upset but he will get over it
Speaking on behalf of all males, just be straight up. Nothing worse than having false hope.
Wats his name

Seriously, just say "I just don't see you that way". At school I fancied this girl, and she kinda dodged it, so it was clear she didn't feel the same way, but she never really said so outright, so it was easy to keep on the hook. Eventually she just told me that- she just didn't see me that way, and it was really helpful, I moved on much better because of it.

Sometimes I think it's worse fancying nice girls than bitchy ones, it would be better long term if they just said "ugh no, go away", than accidently lead you on for ages by not wanting to be mean.
Original post by Anonymous
Wats his name

why would you care. and why even post in anonymous.
Reply 30
I have noticed people use the "I have a boyfriend" card often even though they don't. Seems to work most of the time so cannot fault it :biggrin:
Reply 31
Does he have any Cats?
how did u meet him
Original post by I Don't Know 79
how did u meet him

how does that even matter
Oh my god Zara, I can't believe you said you'd think about going out with me when you had no intention to do so at all. I wish you had just been honest with me from the start, rather than giving me false hope. I am so sad right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending