The Student Room Group

What is the most annoying question you get asked the most?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rat poison
Ah ok I use olive oil and keratin oil sometimes. Oh tresseme I always thought that was for European hair textures lol I also use VO5 hot oil conditioner. Natural highlights nice, are you EastAfrican habesha by any chsnce?
Erm Idk it's tricky. I consider myself black because my mum raised me and she is black but too has East Indian. I'd just half and half black and Indian but I still just say I'm black, even though not everyone agrees lol

It's a mis-conception that it's only for white people's hair! it's actually REALLY good for curly/afro hair. (I've done my research, i'm obsessed with hair) ooo that's interesting- so looks wise would you say you look more black? Nope, I'm Nigerian! - Although I am not 100%, I do have a small mix but it's not that significant to me because I am not close to the culture in any way :/ LOL. But it's hard convincing people I'm Nigerian because I apparently look nothing Like it. I've gotton told I look like from quite a few countries, I've gotton; Dominican, Guyanese, Jamaican, Cuban, mixed oriental and black, and just mixed in general really.
Original post by simbasdragon
It's so frustrating! And you can tell that most of them aren't actually interested in what you say, they've already got an image in their minds of you eating nothing but salad.

Now I just say 'the same as you but with quorn instead of meat or fish.'

That's a good one, especially when you can't be bothered anymore with people's stupidity :s-smilie:
I even get mocked sometimes for being vegetarian.. Just wow :lol:
"What does your dad do?" :facepalm2:
Original post by loveleest
It's a mis-conception that it's only for white people's hair! it's actually REALLY good for curly/afro hair. (I've done my research, i'm obsessed with hair) ooo that's interesting- so looks wise would you say you look more black? Nope, I'm Nigerian! - Although I am not 100%, I do have a small mix but it's not that significant to me because I am not close to the culture in any way :/ LOL. But it's hard convincing people I'm Nigerian because I apparently look nothing Like it. I've gotton told I look like from quite a few countries, I've gotton; Dominican, Guyanese, Jamaican, Cuban, mixed oriental and black, and just mixed in general really.

So if you're full black African and have that hair then you must take good care of it. I wouldn't be as impressed if you were habesha because their hair generally is like that. :wink:

Well what do you think? Do I look black? I also have hazel eyes so with the skin color and hair I have...No I don't look very black at all, hence people disagreeing when I say I am. I just always arbitrarily said I was black because my mum is, Idk. But I'm fairly light skinned compared to full black African and Carib and then with the hair.
what is it?

how'd you get so hung
Original post by pagorai
but you know what i actually dont sleep that much. Its just that i go to bed very late therefore i wake up very late and people just assumes stuffs

Exactly me; my damn work/Uni schedule, and in the summer, no schedule so I was always out.
So if you're full black African and have that hair then you must take good care of it. I wouldn't be as impressed if you were habesha because their hair generally is like that. :wink:

Well what do you think? Do I look black? I also have hazel eyes so with the skin color and hair I have...No I don't look very black at all, hence people disagreeing when I say I am. I just always arbitrarily said I was black because my mum is, Idk. But I'm fairly light skinned compared to full black African and Carib and then with the hair.

lol, thank you, I do take really good care of my hair! I really appreciate that. Hmm, well with the skin tone and hair I would have said you look mixed black and white especially with the hazel eyes..lool you sound so good looking :smile:
Thanks, it's that bushy/curly because my mom is part black Caribbean. My dad is full East Indian. You have a very nice texture. That's like a perfect texture. I know you say it's natural but what type of oils or conditioner do you use? Your hair looks wet-n-wavy type, girls get weave and perm to get that texture.

I wanted to rep this because it's so adorable.

You're an absolute breath of fresh air, young lady, just saying.

wait,who are you talking about lol?
lol, thank you, I do take really good care of my hair! I really appreciate that. Hmm, well with the skin tone and hair I would have said you look mixed black and white especially with the hazel eyes..lool you sound so good looking :smile:

Everyone thinks I'm North African, including North Afs. Never really get mixed race because I'm not that light. Like they tend to be erm you know yellow with brown hair. And our facial features are different, you can vaguely tell I'm Asian. Not so much mixed with white. Like Caribbeans know what I am on sight since most people with my mix are Caribbean, as am I. Everyone else is boggled.
wait,who are you talking about lol?

the top one was to you, the bottom was to the other person I also quoted :redface:
Everyone thinks I'm North African, including North Afs. Never really get mixed race because I'm not that light. Like they tend to be erm you know yellow with brown hair. And our facial features are different, you can vaguely tell I'm Asian. Not so much mixed with white. Like Caribbeans know what I am on sight since most people with my mix are Caribbean, as am I. Everyone else is boggled.

Oh really, like Moroccan, Algerians? But they are usually fair skinned with straight hair, no? Oh okay maybe if I see your whole face I'd be able to tell that you are mixed Asian and black. Where did you get your hazel eyes from?
Original post by Tom Jickleson
But seriously though, WHERE are your parents? I've been searching for them for ages.

lol omg
Oh really, like Moroccan, Algerians? But they are usually fair skinned with straight hair, no? Oh okay maybe if I see your whole face I'd be able to tell that you are mixed Asian and black. Where did you get your hazel eyes from?

Erm yea like Moroccan or Idk just Arab. No they have curls too looool My dad's side has green-eyed people. He has distant Spanish heritage and I'm his only kid that he's had with my mom with the eyes and skin tone; his other kids we look more similar.No one thinks I'm related to my mother's kids. My mom has dark family being black Caribbean and then South Indian. Like...dark...lol but still clearly Indian because of features and hair. From Madras/Chennai mostly but her adopted family raised her speaking Hindi. We're all over the place lol
Reply 113
what is it?

'Why dont you go to parties?'
Erm yea like Moroccan or Idk just Arab. No they have curls too looool My dad's side has green-eyed people. He has distant Spanish heritage and I'm his only kid that he's had with my mom with the eyes and skin tone; his other kids we look more similar.No one thinks I'm related to my mother's kids. My mom has dark family being black Caribbean and then South Indian. Like...dark...lol but still clearly Indian because of features and hair. From Madras/Chennai mostly but her adopted family raised her speaking Hindi. We're all over the place lol

Oh wow, that's interesting. Always thought they had light hair and eyes, well the ones I know of do anyway. aww that's cool, you sound so exoctic. I love hazel eyes on at indians/black people it looks soooo pretty, I bet you're proper nice looking lol.
Original post by chantalc
"where are you really from?"

This and "are you old enough to have 3 children?" Well seeing as I just told you I do I guess the answer is yes!
Original post by HanaGEM
This and "are you old enough to have 3 children?" Well seeing as I just told you I do I guess the answer is yes!

So where are you really from?
Original post by ivy.98
Yess, except that I get noticed for acting black :confused: m8 you don't make any sense

Lol you act black? Explain...
Original post by TheYearNiner
So where are you really from?

I was born in london and raised in the midlands but neither explains my looks, though they do explain my accent
"Is that really your hair?" (no you cannot touch it - oh no, did you just touch it without my permission? :unimpressed:)

"Why are you so quiet?" (I don't want to talk to you, ok?)

"What do you want to do?" (ugh stop asking me about my future!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending