The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there were many people looking to take a gap year and resit their A2s to apply again for Medicine 2016 entry?

I had an offer from St George's this year but missed my grades so am taking a forced gap year and trying again :smile:

Would be nice to know a few others in this situation!

Are you applying to St Georges again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by Sp22
Hi , I got no offers because of my Bmat score but have the right grades for medicine so am taking a gap year. How much are you going to write in your ps about gap year plans ?? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your bmat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Hello, im taking a gap year and had a question. Do you have to designate an entire paragraph in your statement about your gap year and what your doing because im not resitting? Or can you just talk about what you have done and link it in, like saying your hopeing to gain more experience by...
What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rp165
Are you applying to St Georges again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah they don't accept retakes so
Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Like many people on here, I too am resitting and reapplying this year. I was hoping I could get some advice on which unis to apply to, as people seem to know a fair bit on here! :smile:

My stats:
GCSEs - 7A*, 4A, 1B
A2 - Bio A, Chem B (two marks off an A! Ugh), Maths B, Phys C
UKCAT - 640 average

Resitting Chem, Maths and Physics.

I was thinking Exeter, UEA and Cardiff (I have extenuating circumstances), but my UKCAT is quite low (darn system went and screwed me over! haha). Any advice? :smile:
Original post by Rp165
Hello, im taking a gap year and had a question. Do you have to designate an entire paragraph in your statement about your gap year and what your doing because im not resitting? Or can you just talk about what you have done and link it in, like saying your hopeing to gain more experience by...
What do you think?

Hey, you don't have to write a whole paragraph of things you're doing in your gap year. I just added a few sentences about my job for example and I can talk more about what I've done at interview.

Original post by Ronnie24
Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Like many people on here, I too am resitting and reapplying this year. I was hoping I could get some advice on which unis to apply to, as people seem to know a fair bit on here! :smile:

My stats:
GCSEs - 7A*, 4A, 1B
A2 - Bio A, Chem B (two marks off an A! Ugh), Maths B, Phys C
UKCAT - 640 average

Resitting Chem, Maths and Physics.

I was thinking Exeter, UEA and Cardiff (I have extenuating circumstances), but my UKCAT is quite low (darn system went and screwed me over! haha). Any advice? :smile:

Welcome to the crew :3 I'm also applying to UEA and Exeter. What are your predictions? Cardiff sounds like a good option with a lower UKCAT though. Maybe another GCSE heavy-ish uni? Like perhaps HYMS?
If you missed a firm offer for 2015, and now are applying to the same university as a resit candidate with mitigating circumstances, would they re-interview you if they accepted your mitigating circumstances and ukcat/bmat etc?

Or would they just give the offer straight away as long as other requirements are all met (which is given from the fact that you previously had a firm offer)?

anyone knows the answer to my query, that'd be great!
Original post by autumnnn
If you missed a firm offer for 2015, and now are applying to the same university as a resit candidate with mitigating circumstances, would they re-interview you if they accepted your mitigating circumstances and ukcat/bmat etc?

Or would they just give the offer straight away as long as other requirements are all met (which is given from the fact that you previously had a firm offer)?

I'm pretty sure they'd have to reinterview you, unless they've said otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same boat, I don't know about all unis but I'm pretty sure ICL are going to have to interview me again
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I'm pretty sure they'd have to reinterview you, unless they've said otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply!
Original post by yasaminO_o
I'm in the same boat, I don't know about all unis but I'm pretty sure ICL are going to have to interview me again

Oo, if I get the time tomorrow I will call up a few medicine schools and see what the general procedures are around this, hopefully that might solve our query! I'll let you know :smile:
Oo, if I get the time tomorrow I will call up a few medicine schools and see what the general procedures are around this, hopefully that might solve our query! I'll let you know :smile:

Omg that would be fab thank you!
Hey there! Just discovered this thread! I'm a resitter who's reapplying this year. I held an offer for Bristol last year and missed my grades due to extenuating circumstances so I ended up with A in maths B in bio and B in chem. I've applied to Bristol, Kings, Imperial and Exeter!

My stats are:

GCSEs: 5A*s 6As
A2 predicted: A*AA (I'm retaking one module from each subject)
UKCAT: 710 band 1
And now waiting to do the BMAT (:/)

Hopefully things will go more smoothly this year! Good luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Hey there! Just discovered this thread! I'm a resitter who's reapplying this year. I held an offer for Bristol last year and missed my grades due to extenuating circumstances so I ended up with A in maths B in bio and B in chem. I've applied to Bristol, Kings, Imperial and Exeter!

My stats are:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm reapplying with mitigating circumstances to exactly the same places as you except for Bristol omg
I'm reapplying with mitigating circumstances to exactly the same places as you except for Bristol omg

Ooh!! We should keep an update on our progress in that case! See how long they take to reply to us :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg that would be fab thank you!

hey I called a few london unis and they said they re-interview which makes sense,
good luck with everything!
hey I called a few london unis and they said they re-interview which makes sense,
good luck with everything!

Oh thank you for letting me know :smile:
Original post by Hopefulmedic15

My stats are:

Doesn't Bristol have a strict no-resit policy outside the two years, even with extenuating circumstances? :s-smilie: The TSR resit policies page must be out of date...

Also, with Imperial, I think they usually expect you to clear with them before applying whether your extenuating circumstances are accepted by them or not.

Good luck. :h:
Original post by Hydeman
Doesn't Bristol have a strict no-resit policy outside the two years, even with extenuating circumstances? :s-smilie: The TSR resit policies page must be out of date...

Also, with Imperial, I think they usually expect you to clear with them before applying whether your extenuating circumstances are accepted by them or not.

Good luck. :h:

I've cleared it with both of them prior to applying and they both let me! As for Bristol I was told that as I previously held an offer with them I was going to have been good enough to get past interview and offer stage and I had quite severe extenuating circumstances so after reviewing my case and my evidence they allowed me to reapply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You also missed an ICL offer? Seems like there's quite a few of us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending