The Student Room Group

Do I have to declare a U grade that I RESAT and got an A in?

Hi guys, I'm about to semd off my UCAS application. But before I do; Do I have to declare a U grade that I RESAT and got an A in?
I was told that the 'decalre all grades, even if unsuccessful' only appled to grades that I did NOT RESIT.
Please only anser form an informed perspective.

Scroll to see replies

Supposedly yes, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744719.
Shame isn't it? I can imagine being asked why I got a few U's in my first year in the STEM A levels.
You need to declare all grades m8
I think it might help you as it shows that how you improved, uni will take it possitively, don't worry :smile:
Yes, tell them, but don't assume it's a bad thing.

You can always ring the admissions office on an anonymous basis and check with them.
But U to A is really good.

Well done by the way:clap2:.
Reply 5
Original post by hudamh
Hi guys, I'm about to semd off my UCAS application. But before I do; Do I have to declare a U grade that I RESAT and got an A in?
I was told that the 'decalre all grades, even if unsuccessful' only appled to grades that I did NOT RESIT.

Ohh what subject is thus? If it was maths? AMAZING!!! WELL DONE by the way x
Unfortunately yes because I was in a similair situation as you last year & it was so annoying!
Bloody well done on pulling it up to an A though!
People are right as well, when I went to the university of York I asked if they considered third years/resitters/re applicants and they said you'll be treat the same and sometimes view it as a positive because you were motivated enough to try again and pull your grade up
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Pretty sure you do have to declare it, but considering you got an A it shouldn't hinder your application.

Just out of curiosity, what subject is it?
Original post by hudamh

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

Paragraph A. As informed a perspective as you are going to get.
Original post by hudamh
Yes, I've read this, but I wasn't sure if that refers to exams that have been resat.

Why would it not? It replaces the grade you had if you resit, but it doesn't make the original event not happen, much as you would like it to.
Original post by hudamh
I contacted UCAS and I can confirm that I do NOT have to declare Us for qualifications I resat.

Did you? Well, that is news.

What do you think, @Minerva @PQ ?
(edited 8 years ago)
You Do Not have to declare U's.
Anything above you do.
Original post by lizmoo0721
Anything above you do.

That was once true a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It isn't true now. and that isn't quite the question the OP is asking.
Original post by lizmoo0721
Anything above you do.

Yes you do - UCAS makes it very clear before sending off applications that everything, including Us, has to be declared. OP's situation is a little different, but otherwise people should always declare every grade they get, from Us to A*s.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Did you? Well, that is news.

What do you think, @Minerva @PQ ?
As usual, there is a disconnect between what UCAS says in its guidance and the declaration you are required to make when you submit your application, and the advice you get from their helpdesk people.

Original post by hudamh
I contacted UCAS and I can confirm that I do NOT have to declare Us for qualifications I resat.
Declare it, is my advice, but it is up to you.
Original post by Minerva
As usual, there is a disconnect between what UCAS says in its guidance and the declaration you are required to make when you submit your application, and the advice you get from their helpdesk people.

Declare it, is my advice, but it is up to you.

My opinion, too.
If UCAS said that, then there is something weird happening. The universities can check what grades you got, including resits, so will know if you do not declare it. Then your application is fraudulent so you can and probably will be kicked out of uni. Don't risk it.
If you can get it in an email from UCAS what they've said about it, then I would say you were in the clear. Otherwise, why risk it?
unfortunately yes otherwise why would UCAS even give you the option to declare a U grade in the first place?
I know this is very off topic, but to go from a U to an A is astounding. So massive congrats on that :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending