The Student Room Group

I hate life!!!

Just matched with a guy on tinder- he's JUST my type, seems really sweet, well educated etc etc ... Did a quick stalk & found out he HAS THE SAME SURNAME AS ME, and I'm indian so this is pretty much a deal breaker in my culture ... Why oh why is there always that one thing...

Scroll to see replies

I genuinely hope this is a troll...
Original post by driftawaay
I genuinely hope this is a troll...

I laughed when I read this. So probably?
Reply 3
wtf that's really insensitive. Not a troll.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Just matched with a guy on tinder- he's JUST my type, seems really sweet, well educated etc etc ... Did a quick stalk & found out he HAS THE SAME SURNAME AS ME, and I'm indian so this is pretty much a deal breaker in my culture ... Why oh why is there always that one thing...

lol why?

Would assume that would be preferable, means you dont have to change your name if you get married?
Reply 5
If it was Patel don't be surprised
you know you can change your name?

If he's indian, and you're indian.. what's the problem? ...
Reply 8
Original post by samina_ay
If he's indian, and you're indian.. what's the problem? ...

Marrying someone with the same surname is pretty much forbidden, as there's a chance we could be related somewhere along the line although this is probably not the case. Indians & their theories though...
Reply 9
Original post by MAINE.
lol why?

Would assume that would be preferable, means you dont have to change your name if you get married?

I don't actually like my surname & can't wait to change it
Original post by aamirac
If it was Patel don't be surprised

More likely Khan.
Original post by MrKmas508
More likely Khan.

That's not an indian surname...
Marrying someone with the same surname is pretty much forbidden, as there's a chance we could be related somewhere along the line although this is probably not the case. Indians & their theories though...

I don't think you will be, just a matter of coincidence I guess. Why is it forbidden?
That's not an indian surname...

I didn't read the question if I'm honest.

You matched with someone and already have a thought about marrying them? You should fix up and re-evaluate yourself
If you get married, you'll have the same surname anyway sooo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by member1753327
You matched with someone and already have a thought about marrying them? You should fix up and re-evaluate yourself

Ooh who rattled your cage
There's no point speaking about this on here. ONLY COMMENT IF YOU ARE INDIAN.
There's no point speaking about this on here. ONLY COMMENT IF YOU ARE INDIAN.

I am Indian.
Original post by Melancholy
I am Indian.

Is this all you have to say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending