The Student Room Group

How Autistic are YOU?

Scroll to see replies

I only scored 9. Quite surprising, considering I'm a socially awkward introvert. :unsure:
38. Wut. :erm:
I got 45, but considering im awaiting my diagnosis for autism- a higher score is expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
21 :smile:
I scored 10.
Scored 50
I got 21
Reply 70
31 so possibly autistic... No I don't think so I'm just socially awkward
I got 15
I scored 8
16 :tongue:
Reply 74
Original post by Flying Lotus
I got a score of 8. I found the quiz to be highly repetitive.

Do you find repetitive behaviours calming?
I only got a 23 on this test. Which is surprising because I was diagnosed with "very high-functioning" Asperger's Syndrome. I expected it to be higher. Mostly because I don't like to make eye contact, I don't like having my routine upset, I can have a tendency to nitpick, and I'm uncomfortable around people I don't know.

Oddly enough, the only thing they suggested was getting me pulled out of class every other day to go to speech therapy and get yelled at for being uncomfortable making eye contact with people I don't know very well. Incidentally, I had the same experience in a Speech Communication class. I kept getting into trouble for struggling with eye contact and sounding anxious with public speaking, although my writing was perfect.

The big thing that always stood out to me as not being an Asperger's trait for me, is that I love jokes and imaginative games. I was using sarcasm and irony when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I also love fiction. I freaked a teacher out once because they didn't expect someone my age to be capable of that.

I sometimes wonder if they can really tell the difference between Introversion, social anxiety, and mild Autism/Asperger's. Just because I don't like social situations and can't handle a lot of stuff going on at once doesn't mean I can't read facial expressions or deal with small groups of people well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SmashConcept
Do you find repetitive behaviours calming?

I see what you're getting at....

silly "test".

Quick Reply

Latest