The Student Room Group

UCAS reference

Does the reference need to be finished before sending off my application to UCAS?
Original post by Mesosleepy
Does the reference need to be finished before sending off my application to UCAS?

Yes
You can pay for it before the reference is submitted but the application won't be complete and you can fail the deadline until the reference is delivered
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes
So if i click on pay/send, it won't let me?
Reply 4
Original post by Docjones1
You can pay for it before the reference is submitted but the application won't be complete and you can fail the deadline until the reference is delivered

Once I pay, does my details on my ucas get sent to my teacher who does my reference?
Once I pay, does my details on my ucas get sent to my teacher who does my reference?

Yes. And then he/she attaches the reference and sends it to UCAS, who send it to your universities. Your referee can also send it back to you if they think you've made a mistake on it.
Reply 6
Original post by Hydeman
Yes. And then he/she attaches the reference and sends it to UCAS, who send it to your universities. Your referee can also send it back to you if they think you've made a mistake on it.

So they will check my detail are correct before sending?
Anybody know what happens when you apply for ucas as a external student? Do you still need a reference or can you use the one you was given last year?
So they will check my detail are correct before sending?

Most likely. I'm slightly unsure about this because my referee didn't look at my application in detail -- when she sent it back to me, her complaints were what I would suspect one might think from looking at my application but not reading it. 'You seem to have a lot of GCSE -- did you take extra ones in your own time?' was the main one.
Original post by Evil Genius
Anybody know what happens when you apply for ucas as a external student? Do you still need a reference or can you use the one you was given last year?

You need a reference. In this case it would have to be somebody like an employer or somebody who can attest to your academic ability.
Original post by Hydeman
You need a reference. In this case it would have to be somebody like an employer or somebody who can attest to your academic ability.

I don't really have a reference right now tbh? Is last years reference on the ucas system still?

Can I ask my last years tutor or someone to do it?
Original post by Evil Genius
I don't really have a reference right now tbh? Is last years reference on the ucas system still?

Can I ask my last years tutor or someone to do it?

Unlikely. Even if you want to use last year's reference, you'd still need to apply through the school that gave you that reference and agree with them that they'll write you a reference.

Yeah, just ask whoever does the reference at your school to do it. Are you a gap year applicant? If so, that's perfectly okay -- I did it too. They didn't mind writing me a reference. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending