The Student Room Group

New weekend job makes me extremely anxious

I just started working at a café in the small town i live near about 3 weeks ago, it was okay at first but since i've continued going i've discovered the staff aren't as friendly as they seemed and i feel as if i haven't been trained effectively and they get very stroppy whenever i make mistakes. Since my shift last week i've been very stressed out, i cried when i got home and have found myself upset about it several times over the duration of the week. I can't stop worrying about it especially at night and I absolutely dread going, i think about it so much it's interfered with my concentration at college and I don't know what to do, it feels too early to leave.
Why is it that you feel stressed working - what in particular do you find difficult?
Reply 2
Original post by hellodave5
Why is it that you feel stressed working - what in particular do you find difficult?

I feel under a lot of pressure from my colleagues who all know the cafe very well and i feel as if i have been dropped in with no real introduction to how the place is run, so i spend a lot of time worrying if i'm doing things wrong and i seem to take it very personally whenever someone makes a complaint. I have a history of social anxiety issues as well which puts me on edge a bit, but i don't know if that's just something i have to get over
Original post by kjdm4
I feel under a lot of pressure from my colleagues who all know the cafe very well and i feel as if i have been dropped in with no real introduction to how the place is run, so i spend a lot of time worrying if i'm doing things wrong and i seem to take it very personally whenever someone makes a complaint. I have a history of social anxiety issues as well which puts me on edge a bit, but i don't know if that's just something i have to get over

I have social anxiety too, and makes things like that difficult. I have the same problem, still, at almost 24. Though I find I can cope if I generally face it.
Reply 4
Original post by hellodave5
I have social anxiety too, and makes things like that difficult. I have the same problem, still, at almost 24. Though I find I can cope if I generally face it.

good to know it's not just me :smile: how do you distract yourself from overthinking things too much?
Original post by kjdm4
good to know it's not just me :smile: how do you distract yourself from overthinking things too much?

I suppose its all about believing in yourself I suppose, and that, if you do anything wrong then it usually doesn't matter too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending