The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got acknowledgement from University?
Original post by LoveToArgue
Anyone got acknowledgement from University?

Some yes some no. I haven't got mine from Christ Church yet. best of luck :smile:
Original post by emem2011
I've applied for Medicine :smile: My chances are pretty low but I thought I'd give it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heeey!I've applied for med too :biggrin: how do you feel for BMAT?
Original post by snowflake39
Good luck with the TSA, I have to make an MLAT. Seems we're all international who are applying at ChCh. Dutch applicant here :tongue:

Hey I'm an international applying to ChCh too! From the USA, though. Let me know when you guys get your confirmation emails!
Original post by vildeung
Does anyone know if it is possible to combine a biochemistry degree with some computer science (even if it is not a joint degree)?

Hi, I am a Biochemistry applicant.
I'm afraid that there's not the possibility of doing that. As far as I know, the only joint courses available in Oxford are listed on their website. I have been looking through the Biochemistry page and I haven't see any signs of joint courses.
Original post by MouseyBrown
Not Harris Manchester or Law, but I am an old man like you. :tee:
Have you resat qualifications etc?

lol :smile: No i left after GCSE's first time round, just doing an Access Course at the moment. What are you hoping to study?
Original post by Pcabezas
Hi, I am a Biochemistry applicant.
I'm afraid that there's not the possibility of doing that. As far as I know, the only joint courses available in Oxford are listed on their website. I have been looking through the Biochemistry page and I haven't see any signs of joint courses.

I see, thank you. Do you know if we can take any optional modules outside the biosciences department?
I see, thank you. Do you know if we can take any optional modules outside the biosciences department?

Do you mean modules of other undergraduate degrees? By the way, have you applied for Biochemistry?
Original post by james3254
lol :smile: No i left after GCSE's first time round, just doing an Access Course at the moment. What are you hoping to study?

Hopefully History and Politics. Good luck with it all!

Check the biochem website..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure you can't - one of the downsides of studying at Oxford, I'm afraid :sadnod:
Anyone get a material science email as a second choice degree to physics?
Original post by Student 977
Same with me for maths tbh!

It's all so scary haha, I really love Oxford though! I went on the UNIQ summer school and it was incredible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OxSarah
Heeey!I've applied for med too :biggrin: how do you feel for BMAT?

Yay another medicine applicant :biggrin:
Not very good at all, I'm finding it quite difficult to revise for it as I have no idea what to revise! How about you?
I'm hoping my GCSEs will be good enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I don't suppose there's any lovely staff/students about to offer some advice? :smile: Possibly @The_Lonely_Goatherd or @BrasenoseAdm ?

I am aware this is possibly specific to Hertford, but I received my request for written work today, and it asks that, '' Each piece of written work should be accompanied by a covering sheet, which can be downloaded here. Please supply your written work in digital format, by email, as one pdf document. Please do not submit multiple pdfs for each piece of work. ''

Does this mean it wants me to condense 2 top sheets and 2 articles of writing into ONE pdf file, altogether? As a single document? I want to be clear because I initially thought it was submitting 2 pdf topsheets and the 2 documents as word files, and this is seeming to not be the case although I'm not 100% sure how this is best laid out?

Sorry for the possibly stupid question! Advise is VERY appreciated :smile: x
Original post by kareembo
Hey I'm applying to Maths and Computer Science at Worcester College. How are you feeling about it?

MAT is the thing rn that i need to try my best! :smile: you?
Original post by Ivoryfall
Hey guys! I don't suppose there's any lovely staff/students about to offer some advice? :smile: Possibly @The_Lonely_Goatherd or @BrasenoseAdm ?

I am aware this is possibly specific to Hertford, but I received my request for written work today, and it asks that, '' Each piece of written work should be accompanied by a covering sheet, which can be downloaded here. Please supply your written work in digital format, by email, as one pdf document. Please do not submit multiple pdfs for each piece of work. ''

Does this mean it wants me to condense 2 top sheets and 2 articles of writing into ONE pdf file, altogether? As a single document? I want to be clear because I initially thought it was submitting 2 pdf topsheets and the 2 documents as word files, and this is seeming to not be the case although I'm not 100% sure how this is best laid out?

It does sound like they want it all in the one PDF but I would double check with @BrasenoseAdm because in my day, it was all done via snail mail, so I am not 100% sure :shakecane:
Original post by Ivoryfall

I'd say they want a pdf which includes the top sheet and essay for EACH piece of written work you are submitting. So two pdfs in total.
Put in an open application, got allocated to Christ Church. Pretty scary :colondollar:
Original post by longsightdon
Put in an open application, got allocated to Christ Church. Pretty scary :colondollar:

Seriously? That's weird, I always thought ChCh was way too oversubscribed! It's an amazing college, though :smile:

Latest