Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my friend got one just now from king's.
No, just you.

:erm:
Reply 3
Original post by Emilyjmitchell
Has any one else got an unconditional offer? Just curious

Unconditional offer, for 2016 intake you meant?

I only got conditional offers for Economics and Politcs, from Manchester, Sheffield and Warwick. So, I'm #curious as well.:biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Pisang

I only got conditional offers for Economics and Politcs, from Manchester, Sheffield and Warwick. So, I'm #curious as well.:biggrin:

When did you submit your UCAS?? I'm waiting the offer from Warwick..but I only got acknowledgement
Original post by Pisang

Ive had conditional offers from Warwick Liverpool and queen mary london (for varying math and economics degrees) and an unconditional offer for Mathmatical economics and statistics at Birmingham:smile:
certain universities are making unconditional offers. It started with Birmingham who were offering unconditional offers to applicants where the predicted grades were AAA. Since then numerous other unis have started doing this including Lancaster and Leicester. A university doesn't necessarily do it for every subject though. The reason behind all this is that pre 2012 every uni had a set quota they could take on. If they exceeded these numbers they got fined. Since the caps have been removed some universities have increased their intake so others were not filling theirs. This is why they are making unconditional offers and usually only if you make them your firm choice. I hope this helps explain what is happening
Original post by swanseajack1
certain universities are making unconditional offers. It started with Birmingham who were offering unconditional offers to applicants where the predicted grades were AAA. Since then numerous other unis have started doing this including Lancaster and Leicester. A university doesn't necessarily do it for every subject though. The reason behind all this is that pre 2012 every uni had a set quota they could take on. If they exceeded these numbers they got fined. Since the caps have been removed some universities have increased their intake so others were not filling theirs. This is why they are making unconditional offers and usually only if you make them your firm choice. I hope this helps explain what is happening

You can't firm an unconditional offer. If accepted, you're committed to going to whichever university made you that offer, unless they release you.
Someone in the year above got an unconditional to Nottingham but idk what the course was.
Reply 9
I have one for September 2016, but I'm not currently in education so there's not much more I can add on. They just wanted my degree certificate from my first degree and they changed it to unconditional.
Reply 10
Original post by nulhill
When did you submit your UCAS?? I'm waiting the offer from Warwick..but I only got acknowledgement

October 13 2015. I'm from Malaysia btw.
Original post by Hydeman
You can't firm an unconditional offer. If accepted, you're committed to going to whichever university made you that offer, unless they release you.

This is making it firm
Original post by Emilyjmitchell
This is making it firm

While you may have an idea of what is your first choice in your head, strictly speaking, the conditional firm and conditional insurance system that UCAS has only exists for, well, conditional offers. Hence, an unconditional offer cannot be firmed, only accepted. This is why, if you accept an unconditional offer, you cannot have an insurance offer, conditional or otherwise, because the whole point of the conditional insurance offer is to have something you can fall back on in case you miss your firm offer, which obviously isn't the case if you've already accepted an unconditional offer.

Sorry for being a pedant. :tongue:
A lot of the time it will be a conditional offer which is then turned into unconditional. Eg. If you firm the Uni some will then offer unconditional if you meet all requirements
Original post by Hydeman
While you may have an idea of what is your first choice in your head, strictly speaking, the conditional firm and conditional insurance system that UCAS has only exists for, well, conditional offers. Hence, an unconditional offer cannot be firmed, only accepted. This is why, if you accept an unconditional offer, you cannot have an insurance offer, conditional or otherwise, because the whole point of the conditional insurance offer is to have something you can fall back on in case you miss your firm offer, which obviously isn't the case if you've already accepted an unconditional offer.

Sorry for being a pedant. :tongue:

you have to make the offer your firm choice. if you don't it just stays as an offer. The fact your insurance goes doesn't mean you haven't firmed the unconditional offer
I've had three offers so far one of which is unconditional if I make it my firm choice. They are making the decision very hard.
Original post by nulhill
my friend got one just now from king's.

what course? what was she predicted at A2 and did she get as AS?
So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?
I have an unconditional from Kings for 2017 entry for Computer Science and Robotics. I'm an american student and I'd already met their admissions requirements twice over(both with SATII's and AP's) with particularly hard AP's. The offer doesn't require me to put them as my firm choice so, unless I get no other offers or another unconditional, they're going to be my insurance. For anyone who's curious my scores were SAT: 800M, 770 CR, 620 W SATII: 770 World History, 760 Lit, 750 Physics, 740 Math2(10th grade), 800 Math2(resit) AP: 55543 in world history, english language, BC calculus, US history, and Physics 1. (Y'all's nA* nA and AAAA thing is so much shorter to type than our stuff) Kings' published typical offer for this course is 554 on AP's or 650 on 3 subject tests. My PS and reference were also pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Original post by Mesosleepy
So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending