The Student Room Group

If war broke out between Russia and China would win?

China have more allies so I'm going with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViewsFromSi6
China have more allies so I'm going with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Russia. It's got practice at fighting wars.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Russia. It's got practice at fighting wars.

With the power of reading, you quickly amass the knowledge, especially how not to repeat the mistakes of others.
Original post by Joseph.S
With the power of reading, you quickly amass the knowledge, especially how not to repeat the mistakes of others.

Unfortunately C2 and effective well practiced ISTR capabilities don't come from mere reading. It comes from experience and lessons learnt.
Reply 4
thank god these two countries are allies
China. With their population they can literally keep flinging people over at Russia until the war ends.
Well China do have more allies in the world and aren't in any particularly big regional crisis'(ok, you can consider the tensions they have with Taiwan and Tibet as mini crisis' though the tensions with Japan are a big hot topic issue). China has powerful friends and if anything, the West would side with China purely for economic reasons. The reality is much more complex. China will likely never go to war with Russia because they are building their alliance together despite previous tensions that existed in the 50's/60's before the death of Mao.
Russia?! China literally has 10x the number of people as Russia does
China is a physically isolated country with most of China impoverished with uneven population densities > one nice missile to the coastal region will suffice. Secondly they have a poor naval infrastructure, combined with a bad current economic climate.
Reply 9
Russia - nuclear weapons
Unfortunately C2 and effective well practiced ISTR capabilities don't come from mere reading. It comes from experience and lessons learnt.

When you have scholars that have been standing on the shoulders on giants for so long, it will be a tighter call imo.
When you have scholars that have been standing on the shoulders on giants for so long, it will be a tighter call imo.

I'll take it those scholars aren't down at fire team level and have experience at putting rounds down whilst doing effective fire and manoeuvre.
I'll take it those scholars aren't down at fire team level and have experience at putting rounds down whilst doing effective fire and manoeuvre.

No, I'm assuming they are using their trained army. You have scholars negotiating ideas to the commanders. After all, China can just throw men at it.

Apologies if it seems I've targeted your call.
Original post by member1753327
China is a physically isolated country with most of China impoverished with uneven population densities > one nice missile to the coastal region will suffice. Secondly they have a poor naval infrastructure, combined with a bad current economic climate.

Completely disagree. How can you say that China is more remote than Russia? Russia has a crude climate with anti-Russian sentiment from its Eastern European neighbours and not much better in Asia. Moscow is its only major hub (save some sub bases) - China has Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong if we're being picky, plus loads of industrial districts where arms are manufactured. China's economy is still better than Russia's (thanks to sanctions due to Ukraine) and China's navy may be old but it isn't older than Russia's communist era machines.
In this day and era , a war between such major powers would not be a win for either side.
Reply 15
Russia.

China doesn't have an outstanding military record as Russia does.
Assuming we're ignoring MAD causing a stalemate and it's just conventional firearms/military, I'd have to say China should win. Firstly the raw man power available to China vastly outstrips what Russia can offer. Now both like to show off their military might at parades and although both have some aging tech, I'd say Russia's is a degree more ramshackle than China's mechanized might. There's also the fact that China is the manufacturing centre of the world, if they need to manufacture tanks/planes/missiles etc, they'll be pumping them out far faster than Russia IMO. Russia has real world experience though, and of course when China rolls through Eastern Russia, depending on how drawn it is despite this not being WW2-era supply lines, would they struggle in the harsh conditions where Russians are better acclimatized?

In the end though even if they can draw it out pure numbers and the ability to reinforce lost man/hardware makes me think China can win the day.

Also if push came to shove and the West had to pick a side, we ain't picking Putin.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
In this day and era , a war between such major powers would not be a win for either side.

Who would've guessed that Sun Tzu and the Dalai Lama are both on TSR
Tough one but I think China would edge it due to population.
Original post by MrKmas508
Tough one but I think China would edge it due to population.

Me too, but we all know atleast 10% of humanity will be wiped out due to the these power house countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending