The Student Room Group

Why are Black grads less likely to get jobs than their white counterparts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeyK
Life has, is and will always toughThe end

:indiff: When you make a list in one sentence following the said subject, you have to break the commas properly, so each separate point you are making will make sense in its own sentence.

In other words:

Life has been tough.
Life is tough.
Life always will be tough.

That is what you...tried to say.

And it would be shortened to this:

"Life has been, is--and always will be--tough."

"The end."

ffs.
Ethnic minority graduates are actually more likely to get a job than a equivalent white person, they are just less likely to get into a good university which hamper their progress later.
it the universities that are the problem, employer just want people from good universities (as you would expect).
Racism

I've seen it for myself, it's sick.

Btw people from Indian, Chinese backgrounds face the same hurdles but do better.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Racism

Btw people from Indian, Chinese backgrounds face the same hurdles but do better.

Yea we do. In the country I'm from, where Indians are nationals not natives (aka it's not India), we pretty much run the place. It's a mainly black place though yet Hinduism for one is the main religion practiced :wink: And our foods and music are pretty standard cuisine. Also had Indian P.Ministers.

But ok now how do we do it better? What stops blacks?

Go on...
Institutionalised racism, yo.
Reply 25
Original post by rat poison
:indiff: When you make a list in one sentence following the said subject, you have to break the commas properly, so each separate point you are making will make sense in its own sentence.

In other words:

Life has been tough.
Life is tough.
Life always will be tough.

That is what you...tried to say.

And it would be shortened to this:

"Life has been, is--and always will be--tough."

"The end."

ffs.

"ffs" :laugh:

Thanks Teach :jumphug:

P.S.
You do know what time it is right?? and I hardly slept today
ffs
Yea we do. In the country I'm from, where Indians are nationals not natives (aka it's not India), we pretty much run the place. It's a mainly black place though yet Hinduism for one is the main religion practiced :wink: And our foods and music are pretty standard cuisine. Also had Indian P.Ministers.

But ok now how do we do it better? What stops blacks?

Go on...

I don't know what you said but ok. You could of just named the country? LOL

Culture is all wrong pal.
I don't know what you said but ok. You could of just named the country? LOL

Culture is all wrong pal.

The country doesn't matter. I was just adding onto: Indians can do well against racism, like you said, and those were examples.
Then I just asked, how can blacks do it too?
It was more of a critical thinking thing, like let's brainstorm lol why blacks don't succeed all the time, aside from "racism." I think people just say **** and don't think and wonder why things are bad now.
Original post by LeyK
"ffs" :laugh:

Thanks Teach :jumphug:

P.S.
You do know what time it is right?? and I hardly slept today
ffs

I was being obnoxious lol so I'm glad you didn't take it seriously like it's not that deep for me to do all that to you, ha.
The country doesn't matter. I was just adding onto: Indians can do well against racism, like you said, and those were examples.
Then I just asked, how can blacks do it too?
It was more of a critical thinking thing, like let's brainstorm lol why blacks don't succeed all the time, aside from "racism." I think people just say **** and don't think and wonder why things are bad now.

transition from slavery to normal life was where it all started from. Whites who enslaved blacks and profited heavily should of paid repatriation funds. Legislation from then on has been largely anti black. But even with perseverance one can succeed over such a long time. I think the culture has been indoctrinated.

In the US for example the wealth gap between white/black families is huge. Believe its like 200k net worth and 40k net worth (numbers off my head).
Reply 30
I was being obnoxious lol so I'm glad you didn't take it seriously like it's not that deep for me to do all that to you, ha.

:rofl: Tis cool m9

I've taught myself not to let things go to my head, not that I'm short tempered or anything :u:
transition from slavery to normal life was where it all started from. Whites who enslaved blacks and profited heavily should of paid repatriation funds. Legislation from then on has been largely anti black. But even with perseverance one can succeed over such a long time. I think the culture has been indoctrinated.

In the US for example the wealth gap between white/black families is huge. Believe its like 200k net worth and 40k net worth (numbers off my head).

For the same job?
Also I don't really know how it works with employer and salary and things like that but like CEOs and execs of companies and things decide pay, no? Idk it could be glass ceiling I mean it's obvious, I don't get the use of the thread, it's greatly racism and partly poor work ethic and education on black's part.
For the same job?
Also I don't really know how it works with employer and salary and things like that but like CEOs and execs of companies and things decide pay, no? Idk it could be glass ceiling I mean it's obvious, I don't get the use of the thread, it's greatly racism and partly poor work ethic and education on black's part.

Net worth not income. So debt take away total worth i.e housing, cars, cash.
eh whatever, not my issue.
For the same job?

Black students are getting good grades though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's because blacks aren't as intelligent, and more likely to have criminal records.
Racism

I'd disagree on Chinese background statement. I believe they are at an advantage. The reason why I say this is because, provided they're of British nationality and they're brought up right, they easily stand out in interviews due to their features (olive-like skin and black hair). From my experience, the assessment centres are generally dominated by white grads. But if there were a few asians participating in those assessment centres, then I think more attention will be directed towards them. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the same for black people.
Original post by userna-me*
I'd disagree on Chinese background statement. I believe they are at an advantage. The reason why I say this is because, provided they're of British nationality and they're brought up right, they easily stand out in interviews due to their features (olive-like skin and black hair). From my experience, the assessment centres are generally dominated by white grads. But if there were a few asians participating in those assessment centres, then I think more attention will be directed towards them. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the same for black people.

i had a chinese friend who told me his company hired another white guy for the same position and was paid more than him. and the guy just ended up throwing whatever he doesnt know how to do to my friend.

he also complained that the company intentionally held a long meeting on chinese new year night eve, the time chinese people go home for reunion dinner.
Original post by ElChapo
Black students are getting good grades though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you asking or stating...
Racism

Quick Reply