The Student Room Group

How Autistic are YOU?

Scroll to see replies

16 :P
Original post by jeremy1988

I sometimes wonder if they can really tell the difference between Introversion, social anxiety, and mild Autism/Asperger's. Just because I don't like social situations and can't handle a lot of stuff going on at once doesn't mean I can't read facial expressions or deal with small groups of people well.

I was once told by some clueless woman that my Autism is actually anxiety and it's impossible for me to have Autism. She's the only person I've met whose made such a riciulous claim. Everyone else either hasn't noticed it, has noticed something isn't quite right (I remember a friend claiming he's aware I've got some issues with communication - I'm well aware of that fact too) or has actually worked out I'm Autistic.
Original post by OU Student
I was once told by some clueless woman that my Autism is actually anxiety and it's impossible for me to have Autism. She's the only person I've met whose made such a riciulous claim. Everyone else either hasn't noticed it, has noticed something isn't quite right (I remember a friend claiming he's aware I've got some issues with communication - I'm well aware of that fact too) or has actually worked out I'm Autistic.

Oh, well they're not the same thing, but they can produce similar symptoms on the surface.

The important thing is to take the time to get to the root of why a person has issues with communication. It could be anxiety, inexperience, or Autism.
26. So **** the ***** who say they think I have Asperger's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by queen-bee
I scored 14

14 checking in. High five :biggrin:

"Based upon your responses to this autism screening measure, it appears that you are likely suffering from an autism spectrum disorder, or Asperger's disorder. People who score similarly often qualify for a diagnosis of autism or Asperger's.

People with an autism spectrum disorder often suffer from severe and sustained impairment in social interaction and the development of restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, and activities. The disturbance must cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional soon to rule out a possible anxiety disorder."
In all honesty I find the results shocking...

For a place like TSR I'm surprised very few are autistic
Reply 87
I got 31. I have scored between around 27 and 35 on this test in the past I think (dependent on both short-term and long-term perceptions, moods, etc.)
edit: Should add that in childhood I was thought to be probably on the spectrum by professionals but never diagnosed
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Simes
The answer to life, the universe and everything! I got 42.

What do I win?

I was going to say that. I also got 42.
Original post by Lord Jon
In all honesty I find the results shocking...

For a place like TSR I'm surprised very few are autistic

Over 30% scored possibly/likely autistic. That's ****ing huge
I don't need a test to tell me, I already know :moon:
I scored 15😝
Scored 15
I scored 9.

But even though I was honest on the test, it's easy to understand which boxes you should tick if you want it to come out as a lower score for autism.
Reply 95
Got a 34, but I've already been diagnosed with ASD, so go figure. :tongue:
I scored 18. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I scored 35 :O. Lord have mercy!
Original post by Jack1066
Aspergers isn't something you can just overcome, people tend to keep some of their symptoms and thoughts. Its a struggle if you have aspergers but if you think you can overcome some of the symptoms thats really good, well done.

I overcame most of the symptoms (from what my educational psychologists have said). But I just find it weird that it said such as high score, when people can hardly even tell i have it.
Reply 99
Funny how the low-scorers tend to have duckface avatars. What's that all about?

Quick Reply

Latest