The Student Room Group

Is It Illegal To Do This In England?

Leave a horse's head I bought in someone's bed as a joke? (not to harass them)

[video="youtube;q2CX20bBNJE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2CX20bBNJE[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Not really since we can be tricked into eating them.
Well the horse would already be dead

TheSexyApple
Not really since we can be tricked into eating them.

lol tesco
Seems perfectly legal, in fact it happen at uni in halls. Once with horse's head and the other with a badger (although that one was illegal).
Original post by DiddyDec
Seems perfectly legal, in fact it happen at uni in halls. Once with horse's head and the other with a badger (although that one was illegal).

What uni do you go to lol is this common in UK? :lol:
Once the horse is dead, any "offence" is to do with how the recipient of the head feels and how you gain entry etc

A horse can be legally slaughtered in the uk by following humane rules, and it becomes waste or meat ( if certain slaughter rules are me)
Original post by SwedishRedhead
What uni do you go to lol is this common in UK? :lol:

Harper Adams University. No it isn't comon at most places. It is pretty normal for there.
Original post by DiddyDec
Harper Adams University. No it isn't comon at most places. It is pretty normal for there.

Is everyone at your university super rich and can buy horses' heads and badgers legally from somewhere? Lol
What do you think?
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
What do you think?

What do you think?
If you bought it from Tesco you have nothing to worry about.
Original post by aamirac
If you bought it from Tesco you have nothing to worry about.

take my reps
just leave a My Little Pony... now that is really scary

:afraid:
If it causes the recipient psychological harm, and depending on your intentions and/or other factors, you may be liable for GBH or a tort.

If it causes the recipient to apprehend immediate and non-consensual bodily contact, and depending on your intentions, you may be liable for assault.

And you would very likely be liable for damages for soiling the recipient's bedsheets.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
If it causes the recipient psychological harm, and depending on your intentions and/or other factors, you may be liable for GBH or a tort.

If it causes the recipient to apprehend immediate and non-consensual bodily contact, and depending on your intentions, you may be liable for assault.

And you would very likely be liable for damages for soiling the recipient's bedsheets.

what if i wrapped it in cling film
what if i wrapped it in cling film
Trespass would apply still.
Is everyone at your university super rich and can buy horses' heads and badgers legally from somewhere? Lol

No mostly farmers with connections. They got the horses head from a local knacker man (the guy who takes away dead animals). You can't get dead badgers legally because it is illegal to kill them unless it is road kill. But the badger was shot because that is what farmers do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bupdeeboowah

My apologies for intervening, but I thought I should comment on a few of these.

GBH - the psychiatric injury would have to be very severe. The psychiatric injury which arises from this situation would in all likelihood be classed as ABH, which would then definitely raise the issue of consent on the grounds of 'horseplay' (a rather unfortunate term in this context). It's possible, therefore, but I think somewhat unlikely (which I understand to be your position).

Liability for psychiatric injury in tort - I really cannot see this working. He would have to be a primary victim, but I cannot see an inanimate chattel injuring or putting him at fear of injury in a way which could be causatively linked to the psychiatric harm: the harm would arise from the sight of the head, not the (apprehension of) harm which the head will cause.

Assault (criminal): again, I do not believe an inanimate chattel can cause him to apprehend immediate violence/contact. While he could come into contact with it, it is not able to (threaten to) inflict the contact on him, as would be necessary for assault. Once again, the issue of consent would also arise.

Assault (civil): I don't know enough about this to offer a comment assuredly.

Liability for any damage to the bed etc. in trespass to goods/negligence etc.: undoubtedly so, as you say.

To the OP, I can't see it being a criminal wrong, but you could face civil liability, potentially giving your friend the option to sue for any damage which results. The usual disclaimers about giving legal advice on here apply (i.e. I only offer my opinion on the law; do not rely on it or assume that it is correct. Please consult a lawyer for legal advice). Since they are your proposed actions, I'll leave the judgment of the moral soundness, aside from the legal acceptability, to you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nolofinwë
My apologies for intervening, but I thought I should comment on a few of these.

GBH - the psychiatric injury would have to be very severe. The psychiatric injury which arises from this situation would in all likelihood be classed as ABH, which would then definitely raise the issue of consent on the grounds of 'horseplay' (a rather unfortunate term in this context). It's possible, therefore, but I think somewhat unlikely (which I understand to be your position).

Liability for psychiatric injury in tort - I really cannot see this working. He would have to be a primary victim, but I cannot see an inanimate chattel injuring or putting him at fear of injury in a way which could be causatively linked to the psychiatric harm: the harm would arise from the sight of the head, not the (apprehension of) harm which the head will cause.

Assault (criminal): again, I do not believe an inanimate chattel can cause him to apprehend immediate violence/contact. While he could come into contact with it, it is not able to (threaten to) inflict the contact on him, as would be necessary for assault. Once again, the issue of consent would also arise.

Assault (civil): I don't know enough about this to offer a comment assuredly.

Liability for any damage to the bed etc. in trespass to goods/negligence etc.: undoubtedly so, as you say.

To the OP, I can't see it being a criminal wrong, but you could face civil liability, potentially giving your friend the option to sue for any damage which results. The usual disclaimers about giving legal advice on here apply (i.e. I only offer my opinion on the law; do not rely on it or assume that it is correct. Please consult a lawyer for legal advice). Since they are your proposed actions, I'll leave the judgment of the moral soundness, aside from the legal acceptability, to you.

The thread isn't serious but you seem like a very good law student haha :colondollar:
The thread isn't serious but you seem like a very good law student haha :colondollar:

Some people just hate fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest